JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Suggestions & Requests

Old 27.01.2020, 20:30
JD VIP

Default "Delete links: duplicate" button

Can you please add a button in the drop down button location
to delete duplicate links in Linkgrabber and Downloads tab

Currently I need to look through my linkgrabber links to find all the red links
and need to manually delete it..

The "delete link: duplicate" button should be located in the same area where the Delete links: offline button is located ie under the dropdown button

Old 27.01.2020, 20:52
Community Manager

So you want to be able to delete URLs in the linkgrabber which are already in the downloadlist with one click?

Please also check out the options in Settings --> advanced settings --> Search for "dupe"

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.01.2020, 21:33
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
So you want to be able to delete URLs in the linkgrabber which are already in the downloadlist with one click?

Please also check out the options in Settings --> advanced settings --> Search for "dupe"

-psp-
no...
I want the same button (same function) on both tabs (Download and linkgrabber) that can delete duplicate links whether the duplicate links are in the Download tabs or in Linkgrabber tab

This button is probably most useful in the Linkgrabber tab (which currently does not have this button)
but it doesn't hurt to have the same button (same function) under the Download tab in case if there is duplicates in that tab as well..

The main problem is the need to manually find and select and then delete all the red highlighted duplicated links.
This is a tiresome chore as well as can be a bit dangerous if we accidentally select the wrong (ie no red highlighted link) and press delete...

It would make it more easier to have a button (function) that can delete all the duplicate links for us
similar to how there is a button for:

-Delete links: offline (Linkgrabber and download tab)
-Delete links: failed (download tab)

It is odd to be missing a Delete links: duplicate button
since that is one of the main DELETE tasks we do daily with links besides the current existing buttons

Spoiler:

I just check the settings you said but there is nothing under there that can do what I am suggesting here

Spoiler:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 28.01.2020 at 01:53. Reason: Added SPOILERs for better readability
Old 28.01.2020, 01:51
English Supporter

cleanup of dupes in linkgrabber primarily happens via adding links to download tab, there is a dialog that asks (there is a remember option on first run) if you don't want to add dupes with the add downloadlinks to download tab button, you can configure this if you have already predefined by the right click context editor.

else

you can also add buttons via the toolbar editor: add another delete action and select offline or disabled, and then just rename the title, change the icon if you wish, unselect the options you don't want, and select delete duplicates.

hope this solves your query

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 28.01.2020, 08:00
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
cleanup of dupes in linkgrabber primarily happens via adding links to download tab, there is a dialog that asks (there is a remember option on first run) if you don't want to add dupes with the add downloadlinks to download tab button, you can configure this if you have already predefined by the right click context editor.

else

you can also add buttons via the toolbar editor: add another delete action and select offline or disabled, and then just rename the title, change the icon if you wish, unselect the options you don't want, and select delete duplicates.

hope this solves your query

raztoki
yeah I know there is a dialog popup but doesn't the dupes still get added to linkgrabber?

Also sometimes the dupes still got added cos we picked the wrong selection option

There is no delete duplicate options when I tried to do what you suggested

also doing all those steps just to get a delete dupes button seems like a lot of work (for all jd users) vs just putting that button in the dropdown button by default so everyone can benefit.

Can the developer please add new update that just add that button [Delete links : Duplicates] by default to the current list of buttons..in the linkgrabber and download tab

Last edited by madmax2; 28.01.2020 at 08:12.
Old 28.01.2020, 08:18
English Supporter

Its displayed in linkgrabber on default to demonstrate that they already have that link, and the count values of returned items are correct from decrypter/online checking tasks. else users would say plugin is broken

I don't quite agree with your statement its a lot of work, as a setting (add links to download tab) on removing dupes automatically prevents adding of links to download tab, thus requiring zero work. If you have set this wrong, I've stated above how you can change this in the menu editor to either auto remove, ask, or add.

as for the button, you can already do that by adding button like I said, and editing the values? Please give it a try. settings > user interface > linkgrabber bottom bar: add duplication item for delete; rename; change icon; alter behaviour by changing the values. job done.

alternatively you can (not tested) also used 'link filter: filter rule' to block, 'condition: link is already in download list'.

Old 28.01.2020, 09:44
JD VIP

Quote:
Its displayed in linkgrabber on default to demonstrate that they already have that link, and the count values of returned items are correct from decrypter/online checking tasks. else users would say plugin is broken

I don't quite agree with your statement its a lot of work, as a setting (add links to download tab) on removing dupes automatically prevents adding of links to download tab, thus requiring zero work. If you have set this wrong, I've stated above how you can change this in the menu editor to either auto remove, ask, or add.

as for the button, you can already do that by adding button like I said, and editing the values? Please give it a try. settings > user interface > linkgrabber bottom bar: add duplication item for delete; rename; change icon; alter behaviour by changing the values. job done.

alternatively you can (not tested) also used 'link filter: filter rule' to block, 'condition: link is already in download list'.

"I don't quite agree with your statement its a lot of work, as a setting (add links to download tab) on removing dupes automatically prevents adding of links to download tab"

I think you read incorrectly I meant it is a bit more work to make a delete duplicate button using the toolbar editor to create the new button for both linkgrabber and download tabs vs having one already built in..
and every jd user has to do this themselves

There is already default buttons for
-delete links : disabled
-delete links : failed
-delete links : finished
-delete links : offline

There should not be any reason why there is no button for
-delete links : duplicates

yeah i know the count is showing in the balloon popup..
that is not the problem..
the problem is the dupe links are getting added to linkgrabber

I think you are misunderstanding...
the dupes are automatically adding to my linkgrabber tab..
I don't know how to reset the option to not add it to the linkgrabber

can you give a more step by step or
screenshot of how to reset this option so it does not automatically add dupes to the linkgrabber

can you post a screenshot step by step of how to do this part
-add duplication item for delete
-alter behaviour by changing the values

I don't know how to do those step to get the delete duplicates button you are suggesting..
and can you test the button on your system first..

This is all I manage to get to..

Last edited by madmax2; 28.01.2020 at 09:54.
Old 28.01.2020, 12:42
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
"I don't quite agree with your statement its a lot of work, as a setting (add links to download tab) on removing dupes automatically prevents adding of links to download tab"

I think you read incorrectly I meant it is a bit more work to make a delete duplicate button using the toolbar editor to create the new button for both linkgrabber and download tabs vs having one already built in..
and every jd user has to do this themselves
I didn't miss read, just don't agree with your approach or statements from design perspective. I totally agree that it would require time and energy for everyone to make functions/buttons, but just place it in to perspective... no one else has requested it far as I know other than you.

The reasons I gave the answers I did, as its currently possible to add functionality you desire just with a few clicks in a menu editor. I currently don't have access to make commits (changes you desire), so I gave you answers based on current workable solutions which doesn't require changes to JD core/or updates.

Quote:
There is already default buttons for
-delete links : disabled
-delete links : failed
-delete links : finished
-delete links : offline

sure but you're miss quoting (some) functions of download tab vs linkgrabber, though some are transferable.
Guess Coalado didnt see the need with the designed frame work (dupes can be auto removed based on the add links to download tab functionality. Else menu editors give the user the ability to add functions with a few simple clicks.

Quote:
There should not be any reason why there is no button for
-delete links : duplicates
sure I don't disagree in the big picture. but there is a workable solution right now as explained.

Quote:
yeah i know the count is showing in the balloon popup..
that is not the problem..
the problem is the dupe links are getting added to linkgrabber
its designed in that manner, as in intended purpose. there are multiple ways to disable this if you choose. as stated above. Or i did think of another along the lines of
Quote:
but as a views rule (exists already). This gives you ability to use the side panel to select/delete dupes also.

Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding...
the dupes are automatically adding to my linkgrabber tab..
I don't know how to reset the option to not add it to the linkgrabber

can you give a more step by step or
screenshot of how to reset this option so it does not automatically add dupes to the linkgrabber
I'm not misunderstanding, its how jd2 has always worked as intended behaviour. If you would like different (automatic) you can use the 'link filter: filter' rule. This will prevent adding to linkgrabber within the current design frame work. Copy the views rule, if you want further assistance.

Quote:

can you post a screenshot step by step of how to do this part
-add duplication item for delete
-alter behaviour by changing the values

I don't know how to do those step to get the delete duplicates button you are suggesting..
and can you test the button on your system first..

This is all I manage to get to..

in your screen shot goto the delete links disabled object, press the plus button, add same function again. configure the in the fashion i mentioned by changing its name and icon & uncheck disabled in this case, and check delete duplicates . thats all I did.