JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 28.10.2017, 22:25
Vacuum Cleaner

Default Firefox add-on has caused issues (unable to download via browser)

Hello everyone,
I'm not actually sure if this is really the case, but a few days after I installed jdownloader addon (which was required for entering capchas), Firefox stopped being able to download any files when a download is initiated with left mouse button. Right mouse "save link as" works as usual (when that way of download is possible), but left mouse just does almost nothing after the click and it feels like something is interfering with the download. This problem disappears when I start Firefox in safe mode, but manually disabling all addons didn't produce any results, therefore I wasn't able to pinpoint which addon causes the issue, but JDownloader is the only one among the installed that has an ability to tackle browser downloads, so here I am.
Besides disabling I tried to completely uninstall the addon and once again that did nothing.

My question is, is there a chance that the JDownloader addon does some changes to FF profile files and does not revert back those changes whenever it is disabled or uninstalled? I'm asking this because in the past I already had similar issues when a Firefox addon kept causing trouble even when it had been removed.

Last edited by bozo; 28.10.2017 at 23:01.
Old 30.10.2017, 11:53
JD Manager

The extension does not alter any browser settings. When disabled/removed, it has no influence on browser itself.
The extension does not intercept downloads nor left clicks.

What firefox version are you using?
Old 30.10.2017, 14:49
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The extension does not intercept downloads nor left clicks.
Sorry but what the heck is this then?
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
The checkbox is enabled by default.
Firefox version is 56.0.2 (32-bit)
Old 30.10.2017, 14:52
JD Manager

This is for ClickAndLoad requests and has nothing to do with mouse clicks nor Downloads
And even if this would cause issues for you, those would be gone when you disable the extension.