JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.08.2010, 03:52
JMD

Default Extraction path not working

I changed where JDownloader should extract to, but it has not effect on the already added downloads. Is this a bug, or as microsoft would call it: a feature?

While we are at this subject - would be nice to be able to see the extraction path in the package properties (double-clicking on a package). You can see the "save to", but not where its gonna extract to - and even better if you could change it!

Could be an awesome feature if you could choose the extraction path when you add links/packages.

Besides that.. JDownloader is awesome!
Old 14.08.2010, 15:00
JMD

And a just added package, didnt extract to the customized path :/
Old 17.08.2010, 10:53
JMD

No one ?
Old 17.08.2010, 11:20
remi

Cool

If you're talking about the extraction extension JD Unrar, then I can't help, because I don't use it.

I only know that if you change the default download directory then that applies only to newly added links.

On a more technical level, in object oriented languages (like java) everything is stored in objects and global variables. Refreshing these variables and objects is a typical problem for procedural/OO languages. It means more programming effort (and many more bugs), but performance might be better.
Old 17.08.2010, 12:36
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If you're talking about the extraction extension JD Unrar, then I can't help, because I don't use it.

I only know that if you change the default download directory then that applies only to newly added links.

On a more technical level, in object oriented languages (like java) everything is stored in objects and global variables. Refreshing these variables and objects is a typical problem for procedural/OO languages. It means more programming effort (and many more bugs), but performance might be better.
Ive tried to change the settings, close jdownloader and open it again (several times) - no effect.

Last edited by JMD; 17.08.2010 at 12:38.
Old 18.08.2010, 13:35
JD Manager

extract to is saved on package creation. because you can customize it, using always the config settings would not make it possible to customize it.

rightclick on the package and set extract folder yourself, that should work
Old 21.08.2010, 14:52
JMD

Ive tried a bit different things, and it seems like packages with small files (up to around 1GB) gets extracted to the customized path just fine. But larger files 4GB+ doesnt.

Where do i manually set the extraction path on an already added package? (would be nice if i should do that with all packages)
Old 22.08.2010, 09:33
JD Manager

dont know exactly right now but
1.) rightclick on the startfile (part01, rar..) and extras-extract-set folder
2.) try to set default customized extract folder in addon settings of jdunrar and see if its used by fresh extracted packages (dont know for sure)
Old 23.08.2010, 00:30
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
dont know exactly right now but
1.) rightclick on the startfile (part01, rar..) and extras-extract-set folder
2.) try to set default customized extract folder in addon settings of jdunrar and see if its used by fresh extracted packages (dont know for sure)
I checked the already added packages - and the extract path is correct. But it doesnt not extract to that path!

New added packages shows the correct path aswell, but if its a large file - it wont unrar to that path. Its quite weird.
Old 23.08.2010, 09:43
JD English Support (inactive)

Check your unrar settings. Make sure you have checked the appropriate options and entered values for Extract to. Try not using a subpath to see if that changes anything.

If you are setting a subpath, set it to either %ARCHIVENAME% or %PACKAGENAME% and set the "Only use subpath if archive ..." to 0.

See if "Deep Extraction" changes anything.

Another way to create a new package (which should have the default Extract path) is to right click on the package and the click on Merge to new package (or Move into new package).

Uploading a log may help us. Please try to include an archive that is not extracted correctly and one that is extracted correctly.

Remember, only RAR archives are extracted in this version, not Zips.

Last edited by drbits; 23.08.2010 at 09:47.
Old 23.08.2010, 12:42
JMD

Subpath = %PACKAGENAME%
"Only use subpath if archive ..." = 0

They were already set at that. During the night, a 13GB file was extracted, but not to the correct custom path. Also during the night, 10x 1GB files were extracted correctly to the custom path.

I'll see if i can make a good log for ya! (think i just killed JDL by opening a two weeks old log...)

Last edited by JMD; 23.08.2010 at 13:44.
Old 23.08.2010, 18:11
JMD

Log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/9954

The.X-Files.Fight.the.Future (1998) 1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD
Downloaded to download path. Failed to extract to custom path.

gat109
Downloaded to download path. Failed to extract to custom path. (weird...!!)

n.506.720p
Downloaded to download path. Extracted to custom path!

n.507.720p

n.508.720p
Old 24.08.2010, 02:56

As I feared, the log contains a lot of information about the extraction, but not the extraction path.

Please post the links for gat109 and I will see if this problem has been fixed in the text version (NIGHTLY). If there is another package you think I should try, please include it.

Note: The move to the custom path only works if the only operation after download is the RAR extraction. If it is a Merge, followed by an extraction, it will not move the file (the unrar program itself does the move).

There is a Feature Request filed to make the custom path a consistent feature, regardless of whether this is an unrar, a merge, or just a single file download. That probably will not be in the next release.

My connection is too slow for me to download 20GB, it would take 5 days, 24 hours per day.
Old 24.08.2010, 08:43
JD Manager

i will check it when i have time, drbits can you please open a bugreport with infos from this thread?
Old 24.08.2010, 10:11
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
As I feared, the log contains a lot of information about the extraction, but not the extraction path.

Please post the links for gat109 and I will see if this problem has been fixed in the text version (NIGHTLY). If there is another package you think I should try, please include it.

Note: The move to the custom path only works if the only operation after download is the RAR extraction. If it is a Merge, followed by an extraction, it will not move the file (the unrar program itself does the move).

There is a Feature Request filed to make the custom path a consistent feature, regardless of whether this is an unrar, a merge, or just a single file download. That probably will not be in the next release.

My connection is too slow for me to download 20GB, it would take 5 days, 24 hours per day.
Links for gat109:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Due to that file size, it should extract correctly - but it didnt. I dont know why. Im gonna download it again, and see what happends.

EDIT: Nope, gat109 didnt extract to custom path. Other files in the list, with approx the same size, did.

Last edited by JMD; 24.08.2010 at 11:34.
Old 24.08.2010, 22:28

Bug Report 2295

I am downloading gat109 to test the Nightly test version. I had started to download dnl-fiwm10 from the old links.

Either my mind is gone or somebody removed the old test links. We now do not have links where extraction moved the files on your computer.

Please do not remove test links, even if they are being replaced.

-------------------------------

Note editing or changing a package may cause lack of extraction or possibly this problem.
If this is an int vs. long problem, it could be fixed in the updated unrar.exe.

Last edited by drbits; 24.08.2010 at 23:33.
Old 25.08.2010, 02:08
JMD

Quote:
Bug Report 2295

I am downloading gat109 to test the Nightly test version. I had started to download dnl-fiwm10 from the old links.

Either my mind is gone or somebody removed the old test links. We now do not have links where extraction moved the files on your computer.

Please do not remove test links, even if they are being replaced.

-------------------------------

Note editing or changing a package may cause lack of extraction or possibly this problem.
If this is an int vs. long problem, it could be fixed in the updated unrar.exe.
What test links? Im not following 100% what you mean...

Glad to see the bug report is up!
As a note: All the packages ive tested with, have not been edited or changed in any way since i added. Some fails, some doesnt. One thing seems to be the same for all - large files does not get extracted to the custom path.

Int you say.. that could very well be the problem. Would make sense, since int would be equal to 4GB. However, it does not explain why some smaller files doesnt get moved either. But i'd say thats a good start..!
Old 25.08.2010, 09:07
JD Manager

it's not int-long we only count the number of files and not the sizes i doubt that your archive has so many files in it.
i will review this bug as soon as i can
Old 25.08.2010, 11:59
JMD

Quote:
it's not int-long we only count the number of files and not the sizes i doubt that your archive has so many files in it.
i will review this bug as soon as i can
You dont think i have 4+ billion files in a package? Pfff

Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Last edited by JMD; 25.08.2010 at 12:07.
Old 25.08.2010, 20:27
mccartyvelma

mine too is not working
Old 26.08.2010, 06:45

@ Jiaz,

I am assuming the problem is in unrar.exe, not the Java code.

@ JMD,

We have never put a limit on the package size, but it would probably break at 2 Gi links total in the database. We have tested JDownloader to over 50K links, but we recommend that you limit your download list to under 10K links. Too many links slows JD's response.
Old 26.08.2010, 10:21
JD Manager

its not in unrar we never say unrar where to extract files unrar extracts into the folder it gets started in so it must be jd error
Old 26.08.2010, 11:58
JMD

Have you been able to replicate the error yourself?
Old 28.08.2010, 10:53

@JMD
gat109 downloads correctly and extracts to the correct directory for Nightly.
I am now testing on Stable (English). I will report when when the download has completed.

@Jiaz,
Sorry, I thought JD used the output directory parameter.
This does mean that generalizing the Finished directory should be easier than I thought. That code can be moved into a new addon or all files could go through that part of the addon.

Last edited by drbits; 01.09.2010 at 09:44.
Old 01.09.2010, 15:39
JMD

Quote:
@JMD
gat109 downloads correctly and extracts to the correct directory for Nightly.
I am now testing on Stable (English). I will report when when the download has completed.

@Jiaz,
Sorry, I thought JD used the output directory parameter.
This does mean that generalizing the Finished directory should be easier than I thought. That code can be moved into a new addon or all files could go through that part of the addon.
Im looking forward to hear the result of the stable.
Old 13.09.2010, 18:13
JMD

So?
Old 14.09.2010, 08:27

Quote:
Im looking forward to hear the result of the stable.
Hold your horses!!

The STABLE release will not be ready for some time. There are some significant improvements planned that are still not implemented. Some of these improvements will not show externally, except that they will reduce the bugs.
Old 13.10.2010, 18:05
jondoe_

I have the same problem all my archives are extracted in the "Download directory" instead of my "customized extraction path"
Any progress on this ?

P.S. I'm using JD 0.9.580 windows 7 x64, and I have both jre 6u22 (same problem with older versions u20, u21...) x64 & x86 and I can remember this was working correctly some months (updates) ago

Last edited by jondoe_; 13.10.2010 at 18:12.
Old 14.10.2010, 07:29

Make sure the 32 bit Java version is installed after the 64 bit version and that both are the same update (6u22). I haven't seen anybody's opinion of 6u22 yet. There were some problems with 6u21 (mostly display adapter problems).

I do not think any of the code for moving files to the customized extraction path has changed in 9579 or 9580.

Please read General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Required Patches and Security Software.
Old 14.10.2010, 14:47
jondoe_

Quote:
Make sure the 32 bit Java version is installed after the 64 bit version and that both are the same update (6u22). I haven't seen anybody's opinion of 6u22 yet. There were some problems with 6u21 (mostly display adapter problems).

I do not think any of the code for moving files to the customized extraction path has changed in 9579 or 9580.

Please read General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Required Patches and Security Software.
I've mention my Java version just FYI I don't think it has anything to do with it cause like I've said it used to extract correctly some month ago ( I can't really remember when this has started) And yes I've installed the32-bit version after the 64-bit version and both are the same update.
My bet it's on JD Unrar not "reading" the "customized extraction path"

EDIT: After more testing I've discover that this is happening when I'm using "Remove finished downloads... When package is ready" and I'm downloading split archives (AKA xxx.part1.rar, xxx.part2.rar,...)

Last edited by jondoe_; 14.10.2010 at 17:04.
Old 15.10.2010, 12:07

Thank you for the edit. You found the cause of the problem.

Last edited by drbits; 15.10.2010 at 12:24.
Old 26.10.2011, 18:19
Community Manager

Fixed by botzi, wait for the next MAJOR update!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 18.11.2011, 16:11
thechief3

I just enabled the setting "Remove finished downloads..." recently as well (webui was real slow with large list) and noticed this as well. What's the major update eta?
Old 18.11.2011, 17:55
Community Manager

We don't have a date for it, needs at least 2 months!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?