JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.08.2010, 20:46
LvanD

Default Balancing load over multiple premium accounts

Firstly, I would like to thank the developers for this wonderful piece of software, one of the best I have used.

But it could get even better:

The speed of the internet connections are getting higher and higher, and I notice that on peak hours I can not get my maximum speed if I use only one filehoster. So my idea was to look for mirrored versions of the things I want to download, merge them into one package, order them on filename, and start the download. At first the downloads are more or less evenly devided over the filehosters, but when the first batch of downloads is finished, the starting downloads are the files at the same filehoster.

So, my question is: is there a way to order your downloads in the right way to evenly divide the load over two filehosters, and if not, could you implement it in JDownloader?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22.08.2010, 21:37
JD Manager

you can download from multiple hosters already. not into one file but you can download mirror , means multiple hosters at the same time for a package.

you only have to
1.) add all links in the same package
2.) the links must be interchangable (same filename)
3.) skip files must be set in settings-downloads , file already exists

set max downloads to eg 3 and in settings-downloads
max downloads per host to 1
that way you will download from 3 hosts at the same time.

greetings
jiaz
Old 23.08.2010, 00:50
SeeingMole

It would be cool though if JDownloader supported multiple hosts within the same file.

Nowadays many people are uploading one single huge file which may be GB's in size and it would be neat to spread that one single file over different hosts which support resume.

In GetRight, you can add additional mirrors to a download and it'll download from those mirrors in segments at the same time which hugely increase the download speed.
Unfortunately GetRight doesn't work on most of the hosts.

Surely JDownloader should be able to implement a similar function too?

Last edited by SeeingMole; 23.08.2010 at 00:54.
Old 23.08.2010, 11:07
JD English Support (inactive)

It might be cool, but it would be WRONG!

Most hosts will max-out your download bandwidth, often with just one connection. For premium accounts, you can increase your connections per file (usually 1) by 1 until your connection is saturated. For non-premium accounts, you usually cannot download in more than one connection anyway.

The reason I say that downloading the same file from multiple hosts is wrong is that it can easily cause CRC errors.

Remember, the JD team does not add a feature because another program has it. The feature is only added if it would truly be useful in JD. This feature would not.

To calculate your number of connections, please read Optimizing your number of connections.