JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 21.08.2010, 18:07
FBD

Question Feature request: option to disable tooltips

im missing an option/checkbox to completely disable all quicktips/tooltips and any help-boxes in jdownloader

afaik jd used to have such an option - but i cant find it since quite some time now (since the last change of the user interface i think)

as a pretty experienced jd-user i really dont like to see "Quickhelp available: bla bla bla (shift+click)" for the 6000th time!

would be nice because sometimes those tooltips precisely hide what i want to see...

greetz

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.08.2010 at 09:30.
Old 22.08.2010, 09:29
JD Manager

quickhelp will be removed with next version or do you still need option for other tooltips too?
Old 22.08.2010, 13:14
remi

Why would you remove the Quickhelp option? I think it might avoid many redundant questions in the forums when the help pages would exist.
Old 22.08.2010, 13:37
JD Manager

internal team decision. quickhelp did not work out as 99% of all helppages are not available and we dont have time. we better spend our time on new knowledgebase and wiki
Old 22.08.2010, 14:40
remi

I think that's a missed opportunity. Those quick help pages would make jD more usable and link features to customer language dependent help in a systematic and structured way.

How do you think the knowledge base and the wiki will ever be in synch with jD's features?
Old 23.08.2010, 12:24
FBD

well i think most options in jdownloader are self-explaining... help pages (if they exist) help new users... i consider myself advanced user - i think i know jd pretty good... so i like an option to shut off the help dialoges/tooltips... because they appear all the time and by now they are more like annoying than helpful to me....

greetz
Old 23.08.2010, 12:32
remi

Your request is perfect. I admire independent people who pursue their own interests and not those of their masters, but I was replying to Jiaz.