JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.11.2010, 20:42
whismerhill

Post anti-standby plugin : auto-start

Hello,
something that shouldn't be hard to do, yet immensely valuable as far as I'm concerned.

The anti-standby plugin (which prevents the computer going to sleep) needs to be restarted each time JD restarts.
Could an option to leave it always active be implemented ? (as long as JD is active of course)
In fact I'm even wondering what purpose the fact that it deactivates after each JD restart, this serve...

that would prevent me from forgetting to activate it & therefore the computer going to sleep in the middle of a download.

Thanks.

Last edited by whismerhill; 14.11.2010 at 16:42. Reason: changed "sleep" => "standby"
Old 12.11.2010, 12:01
JD English Support (inactive)

Check Settings -> Hosts & Addons -> Extensions -> JD antistandby (the settings for this).

There should be a check box to select activate it once or activate it permanently.
Old 14.11.2010, 16:40
whismerhill

hum three things :
-first & foremost I'm sorry I just noticed this is a svn feature, not public yet
if you would move this to the correct subforum that would be nice. thank you.
-two,this check box is not there as far as I can see
I even installed jdownloader on another computer & updated to nightly to check.

-three, this plugin also prevents the screen from going into stand by
I feel like this should be an option.

if it can help maybe devs can take a look at this (source code included) : **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
it's what I use in place Jdownloader anti-standby at the moment.
Old 15.11.2010, 12:53

I apologize, the check box is for JD Shutdown (Shutdown once).

1) JD anti-standby would be a silly name if it did not prevent standby.
2) Once JD anti-standby is enabled, go to the Addons menu and select the settings for JD anti-standby. Set it on. It should stay on between sessions, unless there is a problem with your computer.
Old 15.11.2010, 18:13
whismerhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Sure enough, however there's two standby features that are currently disabled all at once by JD anti-standby : that is it prevents the screen from powering off, AND it also prevents the computer from going to sleep

I just felt like letting the screen powered ON all the time while some users probably don't need it is just a waste of power.

Quote:
2) Once JD anti-standby is enabled, go to the Addons menu and select the settings for JD anti-standby. Set it on. It should stay on between sessions, unless there is a problem with your computer.
I tried it with two different computers one is a win7 64 bit with Java 32bit 6u20
& the other an XP 32 with a fresh install of Jdownloader & update to nightly & an updated Java.

both don't keep the setting upon jdownloader restart (the check located in the Addons menu of the main interface)
Old 15.11.2010, 18:16
whismerhill

Quote:
Sure enough, however there's two standby features that are currently disabled all at once by JD anti-standby : that is it prevents the screen from powering off, AND it also prevents the computer from going to sleep

I just felt like letting the screen powered ON all the time while some users probably don't need it, is just a waste of power.

Quote:
I tried it with two different computers one is a win7 64 bit with Java 32bit 6u20
& the other an XP 32 with a fresh install of Jdownloader & update to nightly & an updated Java.

both don't keep the setting upon jdownloader restart (the check located in the Addons menu of the main interface)
Old 16.11.2010, 09:00

You can turn off the monitor manually when you leave the computer alone (there should be a button).

If you are using Nightly, that is allowed to be broken. Problems with Nightly that do not exist in Stable belong in the Nightly Forum.

Please upload a log. I can then submit a bug ticket.
Old 16.11.2010, 09:28
whismerhill

Quote:
You can turn off the monitor manually when you leave the computer alone (there should be a button).
yeah sure one can turn off & turn on his screen every dozen of minutes or so ...
no joke ...
Quote:
If you are using Nightly, that is allowed to be broken.
yeah of course it is. and you know what? I actually don't care at all since I'm using something else which 100% suits me enough (insomnia posted earlier)
I'm not doing this for myself. Just for the sake of pointing out bits & pieces which I feel could be corrected/improved upon so as to help make Jdownloader better.Now if I should just shut up, no problem, just say so.
Quote:
Problems with Nightly that do not exist in Stable belong in the Nightly Forum.
I already apologized about this but let me redo it altogether :
I am very and utterly sorry about this. I made a mistake, shall I repost/reformulate the whole thing or can a moderator move the thing to the nightly forum ?

Quote:
Please upload a log. I can then submit a bug ticket.
I'll do that. however since it doesn't log the activation of the addon I doubt it's really that useful ...

EDIT: I'll need more time, I watched the logs and ... well ... let's just say that I'll do that on a virtual machine , it'll be better for security purposes.

Last edited by whismerhill; 16.11.2010 at 09:47.