JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.09.2016, 12:56
madcowpig

Default Checksum simultaneous download issue/request

When I set for example max simultaneous downloads to ten and start twenty downloads everything fine. When it finishes the download SHA1 checksum start. Let's say three downloads finish and SHA1 start and two are waiting for checksum, only seven of the other downloads are working. I want to be able to have the files wait in queue for checksum while ten other simultaneous downloads work. I can only get this to work with force download which is annoying. I want this to be automatic. I searched the forums and advanced settings and found nothing. If there is a way, please tell me how. If there isn't, please move this thread to request section. If this is bug, then please move to Problems & Bug Reports section. Thank you.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:30.
Old 30.09.2016, 13:14
JD Manager

Hashcheck is part of download process because the result is required for the final state of the download. That's why the download slot is counted as active. By forcing downloads you simply increase max concurrent download slots.

How fast is your download speed vs your disk speed? Do you download on local or remote drive?
Old 30.09.2016, 13:19
madcowpig

Also if this gets moved to request, there are two other issues with checksum I'd like to be fixed. When downloads finish checksum, you see this,

Then extraction starts and you see this,

When extraction finishes, you see this,

The issue is, I wanna see both Extraction OK and [SHA1] CRC OK. This,

disappears after extraction, so I can't tell if checksum was correct or not.

The other issue is, if I start CRC via right click menu, "Other", "Start CRC task!", it's significantly slower than if I have it set to auto.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:31. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 30.09.2016, 13:28
JD Manager

I will update column to show both results at once, would that be okay for you?
Old 30.09.2016, 13:31
JD Manager

Hashcheck after download and manually via *Start CRC Task* are the same. Only difference is that check after download is blocking other checks and manual one runs in parallel. so with download/crc check activity there are of course speed differences.
Also depending on your system, more data might be left in buffer and not needed to read from disk after download than when doing it manually
Old 30.09.2016, 13:41
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Hashcheck is part of download process because the result is required for the final state of the download. That's why the download slot is counted as active. By forcing downloads you simply increase max concurrent download slots.
I understand one download slot being used for a hash check, but the issue is when there's multiple in queue. For example,

You see the top finished download is running a hash check, which is fine, but then there are ten other finished downloads, waiting for a hash check and taking up simultaneous download slots. I want to be able to use those download slots for downloading and reserve only one for a hash check, so when it's time to run a hash check on the finished downloads in queue, only one moves into that reserved spot at a time.

This greatly reduces my download speed, because I can't simultaneously download.

Quote:
How fast is your download speed vs your disk speed? Do you download on local or remote drive?
My download speed is about 170 Mb/s, so about 21.25 MB/s. I usually cap my download speed at 12 MB/s. I don't know about my disc speed. How do I find out my disk speed? I download on a local drive.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:32.
Old 30.09.2016, 13:43
madcowpig

Quote:
This would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

Old 30.09.2016, 13:46
madcowpig

Quote:
Hashcheck after download and manually via *Start CRC Task* are the same. Only difference is that check after download is blocking other checks and manual one runs in parallel. so with download/crc check activity there are of course speed differences.
I was speaking about only one hash check at a time, but I might be mistaken, since I tested a long time ago. I'll have to retest, to make sure.

Quote:
Also depending on your system, more data might be left in buffer and not needed to read from disk after download than when doing it manually
I don't understand what this means at all.

Old 30.09.2016, 14:50
JD Manager

It is not ONE download slot. It is THE download slot.
Each download has its own slot and hashcheck is part of the download process within that slot.

Why does your system not handle that *not much* IO load that bad? You write at 12 or 21 Mbyte/s but your system is unable to provide higher read speeds? Your screenshot shows that it very long time for 900 MB File? Screenshot shows over 2 mins remaining?
Even at 20 Mbyte/s read speed it would only take 45 secs. System should be able to reach 50-75Mbyte/s easily!?

You can try to increase buffer size in Advanced Settings (please note that this buffer is for each chunk).
Old 30.09.2016, 16:04
madcowpig

Quote:
It is not ONE download slot. It is THE download slot.
Each download has its own slot and hashcheck is part of the download process within that slot.
I completely understand this. I just didn't explain well enough before. What I meant was, say I have one finished download running a hash check and ten finished downloads waiting in queue, like this,

I want JD to disable the other ten until the first hash check finishes, then enable them one at a time, to finish the hash checks singularly, so I can use all downloading slots for downloading, except the one reserved for the hash checks. Does that make sense?

Quote:
Why does your system not handle that *not much* IO load that bad? You write at 12 or 21 Mbyte/s but your system is unable to provide higher read speeds? Your screenshot shows that it very long time for 900 MB File? Screenshot shows over 2 mins remaining?
Even at 20 Mbyte/s read speed it would only take 45 secs.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Your confusion is 100% my fault. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm so sorry, let me explain. The reason the screen cap shows this, is because I only took a partial screen cap, so you couldn't see the whole picture. If you could've seen the whole picture, you would've also seen that I had nine more forced downloads running, with ten connections each, as well as a four file, 3.4 GB extraction process running, while watching a 1080p video on YouTube, at the same time as the checksum. Of course, a checksum by itself, is very fast.

Quote:
System should be able to reach 50-75Mbyte/s easily!?
You're right on the money. I checked the task manager and JD was using 75 MB/s, which is 100% Disk for my system.

Old 30.09.2016, 16:56
JD Manager

I will think about a solution (will be an advanced setting for sure) to exclude pending hashchecks from active slot calculations
Old 30.09.2016, 16:57
JD Manager

Old 30.09.2016, 17:45
madcowpig

Quote:
I will think about a solution (will be an advanced setting for sure) to exclude pending hashchecks from active slot calculations
Wow, thanks a lot, man. Although, I'm trying to come up with some type of workaround in the mean time. See, I was downloading 92 files, set to, 10 simultaneous downloads, with 10 connections each. Broken down to, 23 packages with 4 files each, set to automatically hash check after each file finished downloading and automatically extract, after each package finished all hash checks. Is there a way to set automatic extract to start after all packages finish, instead of a singular package? I believe this might help speed up the checksums, so the simultaneous downloads will start quicker, atleast until you add this fix to the advanced settings.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:33. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 30.09.2016, 17:51
JD Manager

Why not simple disable hashcheck and then write/use eventscripter to wait for downloads to be finished and then extract all of them. Mgpai has done a lot of work in this field!
Old 30.09.2016, 18:12
madcowpig

Again, thanks for the advice. I'll look in to it. I prefer the advanced option though, because it's all within JD and automatic. Also, you just put a lot of pressure on this "Mgpai" person.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:34. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 30.09.2016, 18:16
JD Manager

I'm sure mgpai is able to say when he has no time I'm just saying that he creates really cool stuff with help of the eventscripter
Old 30.09.2016, 18:20
Script Master

@madcowpig

You could use "GeneralSettings: Auto Max Downloads Speed Limit" as a workaround till the advanced setting is implemented.
Old 30.09.2016, 18:21
madcowpig

So, I'm assuming this Event Scripter thing is a tool within jdownloader.org, right?

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:40. Reason: Removed a comma
Old 30.09.2016, 18:26
JD Manager

Its an extension to JDownloader, see Settings, scroll down.
It listens to specific events and then executes customized scripts (in javascript)
Old 30.09.2016, 18:29
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
@madcowpig

You could use "GeneralSettings: Auto Max Downloads Speed Limit" as a workaround till the advanced setting is implemented.
What does it do specifically?

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:42. Reason: Added a question mark.
Old 30.09.2016, 18:32
JD Manager

You setup a wished minimum speed and JDownloader will auto start new download slots to keep/reach that speed. use automax as keyword for search
limit is in bytes/s
Old 30.09.2016, 18:32
madcowpig

Quote:
Its an extension to JDownloader, see Settings, scroll down.
It listens to specific events and then executes customized scripts (in javascript)
Thanks for the explanation.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:42.
Old 30.09.2016, 18:40
madcowpig

Quote:
You setup a wished minimum speed and JDownloader will auto start new download slots to keep/reach that speed. use automax as keyword for search
limit is in bytes/s
Wow, that sounds like it might work. Honestly though, with fluctuating speeds, based on free hosters, this might backfire on me. Especially since I like to use different hosters for the same download and I like to start as many downloads, so I don't have to constantly put in captchas. I'll test and see. Thanks for the description.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:43. Reason: Added commas.
Old 30.09.2016, 18:57
madcowpig

Realistically, I'm probably just going to disable hash checks till all downloads finish, then select all and manually run SHA1 checksum that way, at least until the new advanced option is put into play.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:44.
Old 30.09.2016, 19:18
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowpig View Post
Realistically, I'm probably just going to disable hash checks till all downloads finish, then select all and manually run SHA1 checksum that way, at least until the new advanced option is put into play.
I just realized this won't matter either, because I won't be able to see if checksum is OK, until Jiaz fixes this,

Spoiler:
When downloads finish checksum, you see this,

Then extraction starts and you see this,

When extraction finishes, you see this,

as well.

Old 30.09.2016, 20:14
madcowpig

One last thing. Is there a guide to advanced settings anywhere on this site? Something that describes all the features in there.

Old 01.10.2016, 03:10
English Supporter

Quote:
One last thing. Is there a guide to advanced settings anywhere on this site? Something that describes all the features in there.
No. If description exists it's within advanced table.

Outside of that, I do see that you micromanage downloads as in force start over and above maxsimdl setting to ensure that downloads are underway even though other tasks (CRC/extraction) are still taking place within the slot. To me you have created the high IO loads with doing this, as the more tasks you start the slower over all performance will be (classic example is starting 2+ move function on same traditional harddrive, your head on harddive is moving disk in order to read and seek, if you queue task performance stays the highest, and next tasks starts as that finishes). As you're already micromanaging maybe it would be best if you just disable the auto checksumming and extraction tasks? You can do that within JDownloader context menu when IO loads are reduced and|or within external programs if you prefer. Disabling these tasks will give you the fastest download speed! My further advice would on a fast internet connection to download to multiple harddrives, this load balances system (womanboard/harddrive/cpu/etc) bottlenecks, and you can achieve significant performance gains at little cost (you don't have to buy new hardware, just slight change in behaviour).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 01.10.2016 at 03:33.
Old 01.10.2016, 12:23
madcowpig

Thanks for the advice, raztoki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Outside of that, I do see that you micromanage downloads as in force start over and above maxsimdl setting to ensure that downloads are underway even though other tasks (CRC/extraction) are still taking place within the slot. To me you have created the high IO loads with doing this, as the more tasks you start the slower over all performance will be (classic example is starting 2+ move function on same traditional harddrive, your head on harddive is moving disk in order to read and seek, if you queue task performance stays the highest, and next tasks starts as that finishes).
I don't know if you've read all the earlier posts in this thread, but we already came to this conclusion, just without the hard drive example you used.

Quote:
If you could've seen the whole picture, you would've also seen that I had nine more forced downloads running, with ten connections each, as well as a four file, 3.4 GB extraction process running, while watching a 1080p video on YouTube, at the same time as the checksum. Of course, a checksum by itself, is very fast.

Quote:
As you're already micromanaging maybe it would be best if you just disable the auto checksumming and extraction tasks? You can do that within JDownloader context menu when IO loads are reduced and|or within external programs if you prefer. Disabling these tasks will give you the fastest download speed!
Jiaz already suggested this, but I'd rather keep it automatic. The thing is, this wasn't slowing down my desired speed, which was 12 MB/s. See if I replace the nine downloads with ten connections each, in my example above, with one file from MEGA, I could download with 12 MB/s, since MEGA has unlimited download speed, I only need one slot available to reach max speed. The issue is with openload.co, they limit speed on the connection level, depending on how busy their server is, so on certain files, even twenty connections wouldn't get me to 12 MB/s. I have to use multiple downloads to get to 12MB/s and because the queued checksums were holding up the available slots, I was not able to reach that speed, using simultaneous downloads. This is why the new advanced options feature, Jiaz suggested, would help me in this particular case. You're right though, this would help if I was trying to max out my speed, but I'm not. All I'm running is one checksum, one extraction and simultaneous downloads capped at 12 MB/s, which my hard drive can handle, but JD does not let me do this unless I manually select forced downloads. I don't care if checksums and extraction are slow during this process, since I can still achieve, 12 MB/s.

Quote:
My further advice would on a fast internet connection to download to multiple harddrives, this load balances system (womanboard/harddrive/cpu/etc) bottlenecks, and you can achieve significant performance gains at little cost (you don't have to buy new hardware, just slight change in behaviour).
This, I have no idea about. If you could, please elaborate.

You say,

Quote:
download to multiple harddrives
and then you say,

Quote:
(you don't have to buy new hardware, just slight change in behaviour)
so do I or don't I, have to buy another hard drive, to get this to work?

Jiaz's Event Scripter idea should work in theory, but I don't know how to write scripts. I want to set it so that all packages in download list have to finish, before hash checks start. Then all hash checks have to finish, before it starts to extract all files in download list, one package at a time.

Thanks again, for this speed up suggestion.

P.S. There is a tiny problem on this board. When you spell the words, m.o.t.h.e.r or m.o.m (Without the periods.), it shows the word, woman. This happened to you raztoki, when you tried to spell the word, m.o.t.h.e.rboard (Without the periods.), it showed the word, womanboard. The same thing happened to me, while private messaging.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:47. Reason: Changed: "shows" -> "showed"
Old 01.10.2016, 14:55
Script Master

Quote:
Jiaz's Event Scripter idea should work in theory, but I don't know how to write scripts. I want to set it so that all packages in download list have to finish, before hash checks start. Then all hash checks have to finish, before it starts to extract all files in download list, one package at a time.
Quote:
Why not simple disable hashcheck and then write/use eventscripter to wait for downloads to be finished and then extract all of them. Mgpai has done a lot of work in this field!
Currently, there are no methods which can start hash check using scripts, but extraction can be started using script when downloads are finished.

Quote:
It should be possible to detect and exclude pending hashchecks from active slot calculations in order to start new downloads. I can create the scripts but do not have the necessary conditions to test it. You can get in touch with me in JD Chat if you would like to further explore this option.
Old 01.10.2016, 18:18
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
It should be possible to detect and exclude pending hashchecks from active slot calculations in order to start new downloads. I can create the scripts but do not have the necessary conditions to test it. You can get in touch with me in JD Chat if you would like to further explore this option.
Hopefully, this works. Also, when it comes time to donate, do you have a PayPal? I say this, because I see you're not part of the official JD team.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:48. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 01.10.2016, 19:09
Script Master

The set of API commands and properties which can be used in event scripter can be found in the built-in help in the event scripter scripting panel. Calls from my my.jdownloader API (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**Link) can also be used in the scripts. Currently a command to start the hash check is not available (I think) in either of those.

Thanks for the offer, but this is just a hobby of mine . Feel free to get in touch if you need any help with the scripts.
Old 04.10.2016, 15:39
JD Manager

@mgpai: Thanks for your time and help with all those scripts you write
Old 06.10.2016, 12:07
madcowpig

Jiaz, why don't you guys add an API option for hash checks?

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:51. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 06.10.2016, 12:08
madcowpig

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
This would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.
WOW, I didn't even know you added it. I was resizing my columns and noticed there was, "[SHA1] CRC OK", next to, "Extraction OK". Thanks you, SO much.

There is a teensy weensy little issue, that really isn't a big deal, but I would appreciate, if it was fixed.

On the new update, there is no green check mark before, "[SHA-1] CRC OK".

It used to look like this,

The reason this would really help is, when I have to scroll down 300 links fast, it's much easier to see green for OK and red for failed, than it is to see text alone. This seems simple enough, if it is, please add, if it's not, add it to the bottom of the queue, for when you have time. Thank you.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:51.
Old 06.10.2016, 12:21
JD Manager

API for hashcheck is not that easy as hashcheck is a blocking action and action could take longer and request might timeout first. But we can add an action to start the hashcheck without getting the result and then you could query for result or use event system to get informed about result

Icon stuff will be *fixed* with next core update
Old 06.10.2016, 12:57
madcowpig

Quote:
API for hashcheck is not that easy as hashcheck is a blocking action and action could take longer and request might timeout first.
I see. I just wanted to be able to have all packages extracted singularly after all downloads finish, via Event Scripter, then hash checks start singularly, automatically after all extractions finish. This way, hash checks would finish in seconds, since they'd be the only process running. Would using it that way still cause timeouts?

Quote:
But we can add an action to start the hashcheck without getting the result
I'm not sure I completely understand this. So you can add an action to start hash check via script, but can't guarantee results, because of timeouts, right?

Quote:
and then you could query for result or use event system to get informed about result
How do I, "query for result"? Sorry, I don't usually use the word, "query", so it's confusing to me, what you mean. I know what query means, but not how you used it. What is event system? I didn't see it as one of the extensions or in advanced settings.

Quote:
HAHAHA Yes, I meant the word "added", not "fixed". I realize it wasn't broken, you just didn't put the icon there, because it wasn't a necessity. Thank you.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:53. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 06.10.2016, 13:22
madcowpig

Quote:
Man, I gotta be honest, that was FAST AS HELL!

The check mark next to the "Extraction OK" icon, changed to the check mark icon used for "[SHA-1] CRC OK".

It went from this,

to this,

The check mark icon isn't next to "[SHA-1] CRC OK", but that's fine, as long as it still counts for it.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:54.
Old 06.10.2016, 13:27
madcowpig

Oops, I almost forgot. Thank you, very much. My m.o.m would not be happy with me, if I forgot.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 20:54.
Old 04.01.2024, 20:50
JD Legend

Default Consider Downloading and CRC as different task

let's take gofile for example
When a download is completed it checks for CRC, while this is happening the next download doesn't start from gofile because jd thinks 1 download is already happening on gofile so it goes to the next link which is not from gofile.

Thus this can be easily solved if JD considers the CRC check is not the same as downloading.
Old 05.01.2024, 14:01
Community Manager

Merged same topic threads.

@Cyberavater
This won't be happening any time soon.
If you are looking for a quick solution, here is what you can do:
  • Disable CRC check globally
  • Disable CRC check globally and use an EventScripter script to trigger the check at a later time (not sure if that is possible)

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?