JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.06.2014, 09:42
JD Fan

Default Auto re-enable and resume feature needed!

Fileom and other hosts have servers that disconnect and connect a lot. This gets Jdownloader to grey out non-finished downloads as "No permission to write to Harddrive" in truth it should say "Max number of reconnects reached".

This requires I manually re-anable each download several time a day until it is completed. Hence, when I'm at work, nothing gets downloaded.

The solution is simple, first, let the user set the Max number of reconnects 'X'. Second, have Jdownloader re-enable/resume all greyed downloads after Y minutes. Also, prevent an endless loop with a bad servers by stopping the retries after Z times.

Recap:add to GUI

1) Set Max reconnects per file = X

2) Set time interval to re-enable failed downloads = Y

3) Set Max number retry failed downloads = Z

Please Please Please add this to your next update since it is so easy to implement. It's 5 minutes of coding but a life savor for people like me!

Last edited by chiuchimu; 01.06.2014 at 09:46.
Old 01.06.2014, 14:30
Community Manager

No, JD auto-handles these errors fine - if not, we need a log so we can fix that.
I also suggest you to try JD2.

GreeZ psp
EDIT

Declined retries without reason-suggestion.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.06.2014, 13:24
JD Fan

I uninstalled and reinstalled the current version of JD twice and the problem persisted. I took your advice and downloaded JD2. JD2 doesn't over write JD, JD2 installs to a different folder. JD2 worked fine and didn't have the disconnect problem. Funny thing happened. The installation of JD2 fixed the original JD. Now, the original JD works fine too. Since JD2 installs to a different folder, I suspect JD2 changed a registry entry and that fixed the "No permission to write to HardDrive" bug I had with the original JD.

I don't need both JD and JD2 on my computer so I deleted JD since JD2 is more stable on my system.

Last edited by chiuchimu; 03.06.2014 at 13:28.
Old 04.06.2014, 07:39
English Supporter

registry entry would not have any influence, we only store uninstall info, file association info, and maybe url info (cnl://address) and nothing more.

JD2 installer does install to new directory (within %localappdata% or %appdata%(depending on windows version)) by default installation, and once again should play no influence on what you have experienced.

The only thing I can think of is security software is now allowing JDownloader to save to path, or your paths have changed, and your no longer trying to save to that location.

Either way a exemption rule in security software would be for the new jd install and new path, and not the old install/path. I don't see that solving your issue either.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.06.2014, 10:18
JD Fan

Maybe you missed something cause installing JD2 fixed the error in JD.

I mean I switched routers, LAN cards, changed JD connection setting as recommended. updated Java, uninstalled and reinstalled Java. Uninstalled and reinstalled JD. Rebooted my computer several times. none of that change a thing. When I installed JD2, JD started working correctly immediately. The download folder is the same for both.

Does JD install any dll to system folder?