JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.05.2012, 21:59
English? Eat I can?

Default Is there any automatic link reset?

Hi.

Is there any feature at jdownloader stable or nightly that i can choose to automatically reset links that download from one download speed and bellow?

Like if one link is downloaded with 100/200kbps then i make the jdownloader automatically reset that links to begin it from the beginning so it reach the correct download speed and not 100/200kbps.

A LOT OF THANKS.
Old 02.05.2012, 00:46
Community Manager

There is no such feature at the moment.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 02.05.2012, 07:42
English Supporter

We will add in dynamic chunking in coming versions, which will allow the resizing of chunks and download additional chunks if some are slow.

We will not be adding automatic reset function as this will just lead to abuse events, associated with payment systems.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 02.05.2012 at 08:22.
Old 02.05.2012, 07:52
English? Eat I can?

Ok.
So please when you add the dynamic chunks as you say can you inform me about that?

And what is tha main difference between normal chunks from dynamic chunks?

I can choose what chunks i want?
Normal or dynamic or just replaced the normal chunks with the dynamic chunks?
Old 02.05.2012, 08:23
English Supporter

re-read what I wrote above. All it does is allows more connections to be made instead of the static arrangement we have atm. It will still abide by users settings + plugin hard settings.

Old 02.05.2012, 09:54
English? Eat I can?

I am sorry for my english but still i don't understand what exactly is the main difference between normal and dynamic chunks and how(if) choose what chunks i want.

Can you please tell it to me in simple words?

Now i choose one file with 4 chunks logical normal chunks
with dynamic chunks what is change? Maybe you can choose the size of every chunk or not?

Thanks

Last edited by fits79; 02.05.2012 at 09:56.
Old 02.05.2012, 10:28
Polish Supporter

Here is an example how static/normal and dynamic chunking work:

Le's assume you've got one file to download which is 100 MB big and you want to download it using 4 chunks - file is divided into 4 parts and 4 threads (connections) are downloading it, your max speed is 10MB/s.
So first chunk start at the offset (position from the beginning of the file) 0, 2nd at the offset 25 MB, 3rd at the offset 50MB and 4th at the offset 75 MB - each will download its 25 MB part of the file.

Ideal situation is that all the chunks/connections use the same speed so each is downloading its part at the same time, but... in real life some connections are faster that the other.
With 10 MB/s - each chunk should use 2,5 MB/s, but as it is possible that 3 chunks will use 3 MB/s (fast chunks) and one will use 1 MB (slow chunk).
So until the fast chunks are not finished - the speed is 10 MB/s (3x3 + 1x1)
Static/normal chunking:
When all the fast chunks are finished the speed will drop to 1MB/s because there is still one slow chunk which has to finish its part.
Dynamic chunking:
When one of the chunks is finishing it's job then it will try "to help" the other, still working chunks to finish downloading their part of the file.
In our example: 3 fast chunks finished (75 out of 100 MB is downloaded by them) and there's still one slow chunk - let's assume that it still has 12 MB (out of 25 MB) to finish. Remaining part is divided into all the chunks (1 running + 3 waiting to give'em new job) - now 12 MB is divided into 4 chunks so each has to download 3 MB.

So the slow chunk continues to download remaining 12 MB from the offset 0, 1st fast chunk starts at the offset 3MB, 2nd fast at the offset 6MB and 3rd fast at the offset 9MB. Each has 3 MB to finish its job (12/4). Speed will increase again because not only one chunk is downloading.
The procedure will be repeat until there's only one chunk remaining with minimal (i.e. 1MB) part of the file to finish.
Of course algorithm is more complicated but the example describes the idea behind the "dynamic chunking".

So the main differences are:
static/normal chunking - when each chunk/connection is finished - it's done - it will not help to finish remaining part of the file to finish - speed will drop when there are slow chunks left to finish their job.
dynamic chunking - each chunk/connection after finishing its part will try to help another, not finishing chunk to finish their remaining part - speed is mostly constant during entire downloading.

ATM jD uses only static chunking, the next major version will support dynamic chunking.

Last edited by editestowy; 02.05.2012 at 10:30.
Old 02.05.2012, 11:01
English? Eat I can?

And that VERY NICE feature add it to what release of jdownloader?

And all that feature is going to me automatically from program or we must do something to choose dynamic chunks and no normal chunks?

Can i ask if do you know when these dynamic chunks gonna be ready? More or less NOT EXACT DATE....

And if you don't is there easy to inform me anyone that know that dynamic chunks completed and works fine.

And what is ATM JD that always mentioning?

And one final question is it sure that dynamic chunks gonna be add it to the new jdownloader stable edition?

A LOT OF THANKS FOR ALL

Last edited by fits79; 02.05.2012 at 11:05.
Old 02.05.2012, 12:49
English Supporter

atm is a common acronym it means 'At The Moment'.

no known eta on dynamic chunking, it will be automatic no user interactions required.

Old 02.05.2012, 12:57
English? Eat I can?

Oh ok.

So please when this feature add it to the jd can you inform me or did you post it at changelog?
Old 02.05.2012, 13:56
Xavyer

It should come with JD2 so you only have to wait till JD2 is out. At last chunks only work with Hoster which allowed User to use it.
Old 02.05.2012, 14:01
English Supporter

As I understand it, it wont be in the initial release of jd2. Down the track maybe '2.[1-9]' releases.