JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.04.2012, 22:26
openupandsay

Default Importing & Exporting download lists without creating DLC

Help please!

I have jdownloader installed on Win XP pc at home. But I usually collect links on a laptop that I don't have admin rights to install jdownloader on, plus I wouldn't want to initiate the LinkGrabber traffic on my laptop for security reasons.

Importing -- I already know how to paste a list of URLs into jdownloader, but I'm looking for a way to import that list of URLs with values for the Package Name, the Save To location, the Archive Password, and toggle whether to unzip the file. My goal is to import these links with these parameters so that I don't need to manually change or enter these parameters on hundreds of links. But I cannot install jdownloader on my laptop to create a DLC for my PC.

Exporting -- I already know how to copy the list of URLs within jdownloader, but I'm looking for a way to copy or export that list of URLs with the Package Name parameter. My goal is to extract this list so I can keep track of what I've already downloaded. But I cannot install jdownloader on my laptop to import a DLC from my PC.

Thoughts / solutions for each of these?
Old 01.05.2012, 04:04
English Supporter

assuming the default save locations are the same on both computers, All you need to do is copy the config/ folder across each time you switch systems. Located within JD install folder

BTW linkgrabbing doesn't contain any security implications. DLC is done of the final link and pass, and online checking happens pre download anyway. So it will be happening if you like it or not, just not in a mass event.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 01.05.2012, 19:31
openupandsay

Raztoki:

The save location is irrelevant to the laptop, only relevant to the PC that has jdownloader installed on it. And each file would have a different Save To location on the PC, which is why I wanted to import each URL with a Save To value.

Regarding my comment, "I wouldn't want to initiate the LinkGrabber traffic on my laptop for security reasons." The security issue is that I'm not allowed to access filesharing websites via the laptop for corporate security reasons.

Sorry, this thread is not Solved yet.
Old 01.05.2012, 21:38
openupandsay

I was looking at the JDRemoteControl help page (localhost:10025/help) to see if I could just build a local web app to batch input URLs with additional property parameters.

How about you all update JDRemoteControl to extend...

/action/add/links/grabber(0|1)/start(0|1)/%X%

...to something more robust like...

/action/add/links/grabber(0|1)/start(0|1)/unzip(0|1)/url=%X% & PackageName=%X% & SaveTo=%X% & ArchivePassword=%X%

Last edited by openupandsay; 01.05.2012 at 21:39. Reason: localhost:10025/help
Old 02.05.2012, 00:46
Community Manager

No double posts please...

GreeZ psp

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 02.05.2012, 04:12
English Supporter

If your not allowed to download at work, then don't it's as simple as that. We generate standard http traffic, linkcheck generally is api poll or http get of the downloadlink. If you disregard works advice and you get caught that's totally your fault.

If you want to continue (at your own risk) you will need to adjust the save path, this is done at package level (for 0.9.581). Highlight packages right click properties, and change paths. Next major version you can save data to jdownloader install folder as a relative path but not outside.

But as you said your not using jdownloader as you cant install (or I assume run via thumbdrive either) what's the point in asking exactly? If you just want info on the links inside JD just right click copy links. If your downloading in browser that's all you need right?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 02.05.2012 at 04:23.
Old 02.05.2012, 17:25
openupandsay

pspzockerscene:

I didn't double post. I was offering my own solution to the thread.

raztoki:

You can consider the thread resolved or closed. Delete it for all I care.