JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Suggestions & Requests

Old 30.11.2018, 22:00
rinnetensei

Default How can I add source url to filename?

Hello. I want to add source url to the filename of the file that downloaded from that url. For example : **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
. I want to add this url to the filename of the file that downloaded from this url so it'll be :Is There A Royal Rift Between Meghan Markle & Kate Middleton? | Access [**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Is is possible to do this with packagizer? Thanks a lot
Old 01.12.2018, 06:19
Script Master

While possible, filename cannot contain reserved characters. They will be replaced with the underscore. For e.g. "/" will be replaced with "_".
Old 01.12.2018, 09:16
rinnetensei

can you please show me how to do this? I tried to put youtube.com to source url and <jd:source:1> to filename but it didn't work. About the invalid character in file name I think it's easy to use third party renamer software like Advanced Renamer to fix it. Thanks
Old 01.12.2018, 10:53
Script Master

Save to disk and import it in packagzier.
Code:
gitlab.com/snippets/1786124/raw?inline=false
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnetensei View Post
About the invalid character in file name I think it's easy to use third party renamer software like Advanced Renamer to fix it. Thanks
It is a OS restriction. You wont be able to use it in filenames, unless your system permits it. Any particular reason you want to add it to filename?
Old 01.12.2018, 12:04
rinnetensei

Oh, didnt know that. I need to do this so I can get the source url from filename so I can parse them and use them to parse more elements on the page (like tags,description...) . btw how to allow my system to use those characters in filename? I use Windows 8.1
Old 01.12.2018, 12:39
rinnetensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Save to disk and import it in packagzier.
Code:
gitlab.com/snippets/1786124/raw?inline=false

It is a OS restriction. You wont be able to use it in filenames, unless your system permits it. Any particular reason you want to add it to filename?
Thanks a lot brother. It works like a charm
Old 01.12.2018, 12:52
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnetensei View Post
Oh, didnt know that. I need to do this so I can get the source url from filename so I can parse them and use them to parse more elements on the page (like tags,description...) .
  • You can add/configure context menu 'Copy Information" command, to format and copy (single or in bulk) link/package information to clipboard and paste it to a file.
  • Most of the urls/descriptions/tags are already available in JD. By default it saves descriptions to a text file. Other information can be added to the package/file name in Settings > Plugins. Alternatively you can use eventscripter to export all that information to a file.
Quote:
btw how to allow my system to use those characters in filename? I use Windows 8.1
Don't think it is possible, in Windows at least.

Code:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename#Reserved_characters_and_words
Old 02.12.2018, 02:07
English Supporter

Id approach this differently and use the info file writer (event scripter) and modify it to include the components you want in some tab, space, or comma delimited file. As mgpai indicated there are reserved characters which you can't use on some file systems AND operating systems. In JD they are currently all excluded and renamed to allow for cross platform ability.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]