Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.06.2022, 16:13
JD Manager

@secon25: check again with next core update, I've updated to put vorbis into ogg and Opus into opus. It *might* break existing links in list though :(
Old 08.06.2022, 22:41
Junior Loader

Quote:
@secon25: check again with next core update, I've updated to put vorbis into ogg and Opus into opus. It *might* break existing links in list though :(
thank you for the reply, I updated JD, but the problem persists
Old 09.06.2022, 10:58
JD Manager

@secon25: I'm sorry but the update is not live yet, I'll ping here when it's available
Old 10.06.2022, 08:39
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
unfortunately the new method currently doesn't support chunks
This is weird ... and by that I mean the date of this post, which is April 16th. I could swear by the life of my recently doubled bandwidth (for half the price ) that I still saw multi chunk youtube downloads only a couple of weeks ago, if not even at least until late May. That is, because I had a keen eye on that behavior right until before my upgrade on 1st of June.

I almost started suspecting the bandwidth increase to be the cause of "the issue" - but that would, of course, be really really strange and probably also stupid. So I searched and searched until I found the above. My guess for what would explain this:
There was just a short period of testing "1 chunk youtube" in April, then switched back to "n chunk youtube" for the most part, and then "1 chunk youtube" rolled out permanent only recently?
(curiously, I never had any throttling issues for the past months, ever ... at 3 chunks / 3 dl per hoster, running that repeatedly every single day, updating JD every single day)

Quote:
but with much higher speeds there should be no need for it.
While the wording "no need" is technically correct, apparently, multi chunk download still saturates the line way more evenly and consistently. The demise of multi chunk youtube dl happening (as to my notion) exactly around the time where I finally could actually make use of it, is a big BIG bummer

Therefore: Any chance of multi chunk youtube download coming back at any point in the foreseeable future?
Old 10.06.2022, 16:32
JD Manager

@JDmurphy: the changes (increase speed, 1 chunk only) only applies to files of larger size and certain format. small files or old formats are not affected by this change and thus you still might be able to *spot* chunks here and then
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmurphy View Post
rolled out permanent only recently?
the changes have gone live mid of april, last change on this was on april 25th.
Quote:
Therefore: Any chance of multi chunk youtube download coming back at any point in the foreseeable future?
in future yes, because it requires the *next gen download core* that is still in development. with it, multi chunk will be able again but I'm sorry that I can't provide any ETA on it :(

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.06.2022 at 16:35.
Old 10.06.2022, 17:16
Junior Loader

Quote:
@secon25: I'm sorry but the update is not live yet, I'll ping here when it's available
ok, no problem I will wait. Thank you
Old 10.06.2022, 17:19
Junior Loader

sorry for another question, when I download a file from Youtube it auto convert the downloaded file with FFmpeg. Is there any way to get the original file and not the converted one?
Old 10.06.2022, 17:35
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by secon25 View Post
sorry for another question, when I download a file from Youtube it auto convert the downloaded file with FFmpeg. Is there any way to get the original file and not the converted one?
It does not convert. ffmpeg just muxes audio/video into one file, no conversion taking place. YT does not offer to download original file
Old 10.06.2022, 21:26
Junior Loader

Quote:
It does not convert. ffmpeg just muxes audio/video into one file, no conversion taking place. YT does not offer to download original file
ah ok, thank you for the answer
Old 11.06.2022, 16:55
Super Loader

Hey there,

I noticed some weird behavior with the alternative title tags in file names (VIDEONAME_ALTERNATIVE, VIDEO_NAME_ALTERNATIVE and TITLE_ALTERNATIVE) when the video title contains @Username tags. I'm not sure if the issue with the plugin or with YT.

I use the alternative tags because I download some foreign videos and want to get the localized title. The videos I noticed this issue are originally in English, so I should be getting the original title.

Issue 1: When the tag is at the very start of the title, it is resolved but the rest of the title is cut
Example link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
YT title: @Linus Tech Tips $50,000 Headphone "Tester" Reaction
JD title: @Linus Tech Tips

Issue 2: When the tag is somewhere within the title or at the end, the tag and everything that follows is cut
Example link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
YT title: Linus Tech Tips Review of the Abyss 1266 Headphone Reviewed @Linus Tech Tips @dms3tv #Abyss
JD title: Linus Tech Tips Review of the Abyss 1266 Headphone Reviewed

I tried to find videos from small channels that are unlikely to actually use localized titles to hopefully make troubleshooting easier. When using the regular title tags in the filename, the title is complete and without issues.

Edit: Forgot to mention, it appears to only be an issue with multi-word usernames. When the username is a single word, I haven't noticed the issue.

Last edited by BillyCool; 11.06.2022 at 17:03.
Old 12.06.2022, 06:14
DSL Light User

Had a question, so when I had mentioned awhile ago that I was having issues capturing channels with videos over 300+ it was mentioned it stops short of capturing all of them due to a memory issue or something along those lines. I would try and capture 700 videos via the workaround with clicking and dragging over all of the channel's videos thumbnails/titles but it would only get about 300 out of the 700.

Is there a way I allocate more memory so that regardless of memory if I want to use the workaround to back up a channel with 500 videos or more I can do so without LinkGrabber failing to grab all of them? I have some channels I would like to backup sooner rather than later and since the 100+ playlist fix is taking awhile if I can find a workaround I would appreciate help doing so.
Old 12.06.2022, 07:34
Super Loader

@TheRenegadist: I had this issue a long time ago and it was indeed due to max available memory. Check out this help article on how to increase it:

https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...vmoptions-file
Old 12.06.2022, 11:27
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
the changes (increase speed, 1 chunk only) only applies to files of larger size and certain format. small files or old formats are not affected by this change and thus you still might be able to *spot* chunks here and then:)
In recent years, almost all of my dl files have been in the range of about 100MB to 3000MB and of the filetype MP4 (plus tiny SRT files).

Quote:
the changes have gone live mid of april, last change on this was on april 25th.
Then this remains to be weird, since as said I'm sure all my video files were downloaded in chunks until at least mid/late May (while having a keen eye on it but sadly no proof ) despite daily JD updates, and now none of my video files download in chunks anymore since a couple days or weeks at max ...

Thanks for the future development teaser tho, imma just watch and wait

Last edited by JDmurphy; 12.06.2022 at 11:31.
Old 12.06.2022, 11:33
JD Manager

@BillyCool: Thanks for the report! found the cause, wait for next plugin update
Old 12.06.2022, 11:37
JD Manager

@TheRenegadist:
@BillyCool:
Using a 64bit java version, see https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2 will provide much larger default max heap. you can backup your configuration, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...-configuration (create backup of complete cfg folder) and then remove/install JDownloader again and restore/replace the whole cfg folder.
Old 12.06.2022, 12:04
JD Manager

Quote:
(while having a keen eye on it but sadly no proof ) despite daily JD updates, and now none of my video files download in chunks anymore since a couple days or weeks at max ...
No need for proof! Multichunk still is used for normal progressive (non dash) formats.
Old 12.06.2022, 15:24
Super Loader

@Jiaz: Updated and confirmed multi-word username tags in alternative titles are working nicely now. Cheers!
Old 12.06.2022, 15:25
JD Manager

@BillyCool: Thanks for the feedback
Old 12.06.2022, 18:45
DSL Light User

Quick question about that Java build you linked me, how much of an improvement will that make? Will that allow me to grab even the biggest of channels up to 3,000 or will it only give me a small boost to get closer to 1,000?
Old 13.06.2022, 12:44
JD Manager

@TheRenegadist: you can continue to use your existing installation. I just wanted to tell that 32bit jvm is limited to about 2gb max memory and if you are a heavy user (eg tens of hundrets of thousands of links in list) then you should switch to 64bit jvm to be able to use more memory. Can you provide a screenshot of your about dialog, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...tion-directory then I can tell if you should switch or just optimize memory usage
Old 19.06.2022, 06:01
DSL Light User

Thanks to @BillyCool and @Jiaz, upping the memory to 1GB fixed a ton of issues and pretty much opened up all the doors I needed to open up allowing me to back up channels up to 4,558 videos. The downside is that I can't increase it higher than 1GB because with 2GB JDownloader will not open and anything 1000mb or higher won't either so I'll probably jump to the x64 version soon.

Still holding out for the 100+ Playlist fix but this will definitely keep me busy for awhile until then, thanks again for the help.
Old 19.06.2022, 10:20
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRenegadist View Post
The downside is that I can't increase it higher than 1GB because with 2GB JDownloader will not open and anything 1000mb or higher won't either so I'll probably jump to the x64 version soon.
In case you need help with 32->64bit upgrade, just let us know. But should be simple way. see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4920 In case you need help with it, we can offer live help via teamviewer, just contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 21.06.2022, 22:11
Modem User

Default Fetching two SRT

In the YouTube plugin: (current version of JD build 21-June)
When selecting `Best Subtitles` and,
set the filename for subtitle files `*DATE[yyMMdd]* *VIDEO_NAME* (*LNG[DISPLAY]*) *CHANNELNAME*.*EXT*`
Then add a video URL to download, JD shows that it's found one subtitle to download, but then saves two subtitle files.

The SRT file is saved as per the naming scheme, and the original file (I'm guessing) before it was renamed.
So two SRT files are saved in the download.

Let me know if there more information you need and I'll add it no problem. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: png 220621-201717 SRT.png (47.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 220621-202552 found SRT.png (15.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 220621-204942 two SRT files saved.png (8.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 220621-203719 cannot view my own images.png (23.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by SubZ390; 21.06.2022 at 22:50.
Old 22.06.2022, 11:41
JD Manager

@SubZ390: After download, JDownloader auto creates a copy of the subtitle file that matches filename of the video, so video player will be able to auto pickup/use it.
You can change this behaviour in Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.subtitlevariantmode
Old 25.06.2022, 06:29
JD Beta

Default A particular video not fetch data

Hello guys

I'm trying to download this **External links are only visible to Support Staff**video in particular but, for some reason, JD cannot understand the video link and just download a few initial frames of it. Only happens to this video, any other I have tried it worked well. Even if I click "Check online status" several times, it seems the size is picked from an array with 4 values, because only shows these values in random.

I've prepared a log, in case you need something
Code:
24.06.22 23.58.51 <--> 25.06.22 00.02.25 jdlog://4311035302851/
Old 25.06.2022, 10:45
JD Manager

@gatorade: this was a live stream and most likely the video converting process was not finished yet. Please retry at later time and check again
Old 27.06.2022, 03:18
JD Beta

Quote:
@gatorade: this was a live stream and most likely the video converting process was not finished yet. Please retry at later time and check again
Just tried here and still nothing =(

I will try again tomorrow

thanks =)
Old 27.06.2022, 11:02
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
Just tried here and still nothing =(
I will try again tomorrow
Please also try to remove/add again
Old 30.06.2022, 12:53
JD Alpha

Found a weird bug i haven't encountered in a very very long time. a video that for some reason won't 'fetch' per se, i see that jdownloader's clipboard observing does recognize the link but after 'thinking about it' it doesn't show up in the 'Various files' or rather videos/links it picked up.

This is the video in specific: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I had to manually google those website that 'download youtube videos' to grab the 1080p video stream and then the mp3 audio stream and join them together myself for this one unfortunately. and super curious why specifically with this 1 jdownloader refuses to grab it :D would love to know
Old 30.06.2022, 13:21
JD Manager

@Leifman: Can't reproduce the issue. Please provide a debug log. Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, then add the link again and wait for problem and then create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here
Also check that you do not have the link already in list (maybe hidden due to some filter)
Old 30.06.2022, 16:57
JD Alpha

Quote:
@Leifman: Can't reproduce the issue. Please provide a debug log. Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, then add the link again and wait for problem and then create a log, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... and post shown logID here
Also check that you do not have the link already in list (maybe hidden due to some filter)
I was going to do just that.. but figured 'ill check again now before i start that just in case' , and i did. and guess what? suddenly now it's finding the video and all is ok and normal. but i swear, before i posted about it i tried several times. changed literally nothing in my youtube plugin settings and restarted jdownloader to see if that will solve it. and nothing worked.

I'm gonna go on a whim and say it was something on youtube side with sometime some specific video being weird for some period of time or whatever lol that's the best i can comeup with.

Still, thank you for the reply and suggesting what i should do and how to enable the log to be able to upload it here. next time it happens (if it ever does.. as i really don't remember the last time something like this happened to me) ill make sure to do this steps so that even if some hours later it 'works' u can see what might have caused it. so thanks again.
Old 30.06.2022, 17:11
JD Manager

@Leifman: Thanks for the feedback and you're welcome!
Old 11.07.2022, 15:32
Baby Loader

I'm trying to get the Youtube plugin to d/l only mkv so I set it up to have mkv & not mp4 etc.
Result = 0 video links. (I checked there were mkv streams available JIC)
Selection dialogs have no video & mkv is greyed out if I limit it to mkv.

If I allow flv mp4 etc I get all the variations req'd & the list populates accordingly.

Tried a restart. No change.

What am I missing?
Attached Images
File Type: png ytp 1.PNG (23.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png ytp 2.PNG (6.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png ytp 0.PNG (14.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png ytp 3.PNG (22.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 12.07.2022, 11:29
JD Manager

@HamBush971: reset your changes with the *reset button* in plugin settings at top right corner.
then disable in variant collections every collection except *best mkv*
at the moment av1, h263, h264 are only offered in mp4 container
Old 12.07.2022, 14:06
Baby Loader

Quote:
@HamBush971: reset your changes with the *reset button* in plugin settings at top right corner.
then disable in variant collections every collection except *best mkv*
at the moment av1, h263, h264 are only offered in mp4 container
Ahhh... Thanks Jiaz
I was looking for h.265, & forgot YT would prefer their own codecs

Anyway now it's doing what I wanted.
Old 12.07.2022, 15:38
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBush971 View Post
I was looking for h.265, & forgot YT would prefer their own codecs
That's not the cause We have a list of valid combinations of codec/container and mkv is currently only available for the other codecs currently only mp4 is offered as container
Old 12.07.2022, 20:50
Linkgrabbing Monster

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This video gets to 0.33% and then fails with a "YouTube Server Error."
Old 13.07.2022, 12:33
JD Manager

@HydroLogic: have you tried to remove the link/restart JDownloader and add again? Can you please provide a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post logID here
Old 13.07.2022, 18:29
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidon View Post
I have an issue with three different youtube links. all three give a "plugin outdated" error, and leave a 'DASHAUDIO' and 'DASHVIDEO' file in my downloads folder. From reading previous posts in this thread, it seems that it is an FFMPEG failure. Here are the links:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

And here is my log (only used the first link for the error):
26.01.22 12.56.04 <--> 26.01.22 13.02.33 jdlog://5634925302851/
I never did see a reply from another dev as @pspzockerscene suggested to me back in January. I tried the same links today. One of them (apologies, i cannot tell which is which due to the external link filter) is no longer available.
The other two download to a point, then give a 'plugin outdated' error. The download folder has a DASHAUDIO and DASHVIDEO file that match the time of the download.

The log below is for the following link:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

13.07.22 11.23.33 <--> 13.07.22 11.27.59 jdlog://0741035302851/

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Haidon; 13.07.2022 at 18:33. Reason: forgot to add extra information