JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 23.08.2021, 05:05
Baby Loader

Question Too many browser instances open in Task Manager while JD is running.

Hello!

I have just begin to use JDownloader, notedly the .jar version with Java installed and also have the JDownloader browser extension added to Chrome. I have begun some downloads with JD and shorty I've noticed in Task Manager, that there are way too more instances of Chrome running than usual. Even now, that I have only one Tab really open in Chrome, I see 14 instances of Chrome running. I'm sure it's related to JDownloader usage, while this program is running and I don't know how much this could be considered as "normal", but it seems rather unnecessary while eating up my computer resources with that 240MB RAM load and may also debit the CPU at some level.
The OS is a fully updated Windows 10, and also the Java, JDownloader (jar version) and the Chrome extension is up to date.

So I would like to ask some explanation to the cause of this and maybe some solution suggestions to prevent it from happening.

Thank you!

Last edited by Sernyer01; 23.08.2021 at 09:37.
Old 23.08.2021, 13:43
Baby Loader

Update to my starting post:
I have quit JDownloader, removed the Chrome extension, rebooted Windows 10, and still after I open up Chrome, its still shows 14 or so instances running in Task Manager.

Stranger is, that this is how it shows up in the Task Manager just right after I launch Chrome, showing up these 3 unusual processes (these surely didn't appear before I have installed Java and JDownloader):

Shortly, like after 1 minute the Server side Java script, Console Windows Host and the Windows Command Processor processes disappear from the list, but the 14 regular Chrome processes still there.

Is there any known explanation to this behavior? Could anyone tell if this should or shouldn't work this way? (I'm very suspicious that it shouldn't).
Old 23.08.2021, 19:50
Community Manager

From what I know, Chrome will open each tab in a separate process so how comes that you think these processes would be caused by JD?

Additionally my guess would be that you're trying to download from a website which requires you to solve a browser captcha.
In this case, by default JD will open up a visible browser tab in your default browser (or ask you to solve that captcha via installed myjd android app or browser-extension).

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.08.2021, 05:51
Baby Loader

As I wrote it also happens the same right after reboot and starting up Chrome with only one Tab open as well, with still many unexplainedly running Chrome instances present is Task Manager.

Secondly, the captcha solver seemingly auto opens and then closes the captcha browser Tab after I have solved it, or if it's timed out (with JD extension activated in Chrome). But I have some suspicion regarding, that this auto-close feature may not be 100%-ly working and somehow those seemingly closed browser tab instances could be still continue running in the background somehow?

And third, as I have also wrote before that I have tried with the Chrome JD extension removed and JD itself not running at all. Still happens that I see those unexplained Chrome instances running in TM. Could some data/task/process of JD affect the general Java program, that also affects the Chrome in anyway?

And could someone explain please, what are those 3 strange processes appear under the Google Chrome process list Tab in Task Manager (see second screenshot). I'm sure, if something, than these are surely related to the issue.

And I repeat it also, just fore the reminder, that I'm sure that all this never happened before I have installed Java and JD. Some of these (or more likely both them together) must be the cause of this strange behavior.
Old 24.08.2021, 16:22
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernyer01 View Post
I'm sure it's related to JDownloader usage, while this program is running and I don't know how much this could be considered as "normal", but it seems rather unnecessary while eating up my computer resources with that 240MB RAM load and may also debit the CPU at some level
@Sernyer01:I always wonder why ppl try to blame JDownloader?! It has nothing to do with Java/JDownloader nor the MyJDownloader browser extension.
It's part of the security/performance/stability/isolation model of chrome.
It's the same for firefox and other browser that use firefox/chrome engine.
right now I have about 20 chrome processes (only 3 tabs) and about 12 firefox processes.

Please see
howtogeek.com/124218/why-does-chrome-have-so-many-open-processes/
support.google.com/chrome/thread/2064254/multiple-google-chrome-processes-on-task-manager-why?hl=en
technipages.com/why-does-chrome-open-so-many-processes
you will find many more results in search engine of your choice