JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 19.09.2022, 04:35
Modem User

Default Plugin to embed thumbnails in videos and apply SponsorBlock skips

I currently use JDownloader for downloading batches of YouTube videos for offline viewing, but I'd like to have the specially made thumbnails that creators add embedded into my downloaded videos (in the attached_pic slot), as it makes browsing much faster.

I'd also love to apply specific filtering categories from SponsorBlock, such as the ads and endings filters, to the videos, ideally in a lossless way, probably using ffmpeg without re-encoding based on the nearest keyframe (similar to what can be done in the open-source project lossless-cut).

If no one is up for that, can anyone point me to the plugin docs so maybe I can try to hack something together?

Last edited by Jiaz; 19.09.2022 at 12:00.
Old 19.09.2022, 11:47
JD Manager

Right now JDownloader does not yet support auto embed thumbs into videos
But you can make use of Eventscripter and write/use a script that waits for video/thumbnail download to be finished and then embed thumbnail into it, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525 Please ask there for help/hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecksters View Post
apply specific filtering categories from SponsorBlock, such as the ads and endings filters
I'm sorry but what exactly do you mean? looks like SponsorBlock is a browser extension that collects community provided details about sponsor/ad blocks and then auto jumps/skips those? You could write a tool/script that processes the finished download and applies those skip segments. I don't see us adding native support for this extension/server backend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecksters View Post
If no one is up for that, can anyone point me to the plugin docs so maybe I can try to hack something together?
Are you familiar with java development, then see/check https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...up-ide-eclipse
Else you should just write tool/script in your favorite language and execute it via eventscripter after download has finished

Last edited by Jiaz; 19.09.2022 at 11:59.
Old 21.09.2022, 16:32
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I'm sorry but what exactly do you mean? looks like SponsorBlock is a browser extension that collects community provided details about sponsor/ad blocks and then auto jumps/skips those? You could write a tool/script that processes the finished download and applies those skip segments. I don't see us adding native support for this extension/server backend.
The free and open source project "yt-dlp" already has SponsorBlock functionality afaik.
It downloads your desired videos and then removes the sponsored parts of the videos using FFmpeg.
I'd recommend using that for this purpose.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 22.09.2022, 07:46
Modem User

Thank you for forwarding me to that project! Having the SponsorBlock part of this solved is massive, and since that can also download thumbnails, creating a script to embed the thumbnails into the videos is super easy.

Thanks a ton, saved me a lot of time!

EDIT:
Quote:
Thumbnail embedding in mp4 is done with mutagen if possible. Use --compat-options embed-thumbnail-atomicparsley to force the use of AtomicParsley instead
Even better! This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much!