JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 28.04.2010, 02:19
DOB999

Unhappy JD stops downloading

When I add links in JD, it starts downloading just fine. But after some time the downloads loses connection, and when they finaly reconnects, JD freezes them and won't start downloading again.

I have reinstalled java and jdownloader over 15 times now, and
tried various combinations of java 1.6u17, 1.6u18 both 32bit & 64bit,
1.6u20 32bit & 64bit and nightly version of jdownloader -nothing works.

(I have allowed java.exe and javaw.exe both 32bit and 64bit, and jdownloader.exe
in the firewall)

My specs:
win7 home premium 64bit with bitdefender 2010 total security
rapidshare premium account with direct download activated
static wan ip

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.04.2010 at 09:26.
Old 28.04.2010, 10:22
remi

JRE version 1.6.0_17 ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**) is the last version that's compatible with jD. Be sure to use the 32 bits version.

Here are some recommendations for using jD and W7.

When you've applied all recommendations and the problem still happens, please post a complete and detailed log.
Old 28.04.2010, 17:52
DOB999

I have tried JRE 1.6.0_17, 32 bit, without any luck.

Log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/181
Old 30.04.2010, 09:26
JD Manager

i see alot of timeouts and connection issues. they are cuased by firewall/antivirus. please add java.exe and javaw.exe to exclude list of both and sometimes you also have to setup correct/disable the www/http scanning engine.

make sure you did not chnage the timeouts in settings-networks, both timeouts should be at least 100.000
Old 30.04.2010, 10:12
remi

Reduce the Max.Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1 or 2.
Old 01.05.2010, 22:08
DOB999

Both java.exe and jawaw.exe are allowed in the firewall, www/http scanning is disabled, timeouts in network-settings are set to deafult 100.00 and Max.Con/Max.Dls are set to 2/2..
Old 02.05.2010, 11:29
remi

If you still have the same problems, set Max.Con = 1, un-install your firewall and virus software, reboot your PC and provide a new log.
Old 02.05.2010, 14:09
JD Manager

please also try a seperat nightly installation (use boardsearch how to install nightly)
Old 04.05.2010, 15:14
DOB999

I've already tried without any firewall/AV installed, and a seperat nightly, also without any firewall/AV.. And Max.Con/Max.Dls set to 1/1 -still the same problem..

It's so frustrating, I have literally tried every combination with various java versions, jd versions, fw/av and different locations..
Old 05.05.2010, 09:16
DSL User

Hi
I admit I have a similar problem, I recently installed a 2TB HDD and set all my downloads to this drive and they would start fine but after a few hours I would notice that most of my downloads were greyed out and aborted and happening all the time so I took the drive out and went back to a 1.5tb drive and it was all perfect again. In the meantime I got a new machine with Win7 ult put the 2TB in this one and problem came back, tried a brand new 2Tb Hdd and same thing. Not sure if you are using a 2tb but I don't think JD has any issues with drives so the only thing left for me to try is a new power supply my 450w might not have enough power for my setup which has 4 drives including the 2tb. I will have another try on my Vista machine if it does the same then I know its the power supply. Will keep you updated
Old 05.05.2010, 09:50
remi

When you're having hardware problems, all other programs that use that hardware would show similar problems.

If you change disks, it isn't sufficient to simply change the default download directory. Don't forget to set the download directory for all the packages that are in the Download pane. Select the packages, select Properties and change the "Save to" field.
Old 06.05.2010, 09:00
DSL User

Thanks for your reply remi
Last night It happened again all my downloads stopped and everything froze. I managed to save the log as a text file which is 2mb. How do I put up this log to see if you can help find out the problem. Do I cut and paste here?
Thanks
Old 06.05.2010, 09:20
JD Manager

upload it eg on rapidshare.com and post link here
you can also check windows log for errors (maybe hardware, driver issues)
Old 06.05.2010, 10:37
remi

Compress the file (zip, rar) before you upload it. Mediafire.com is a good alternative for RS.
Old 06.05.2010, 11:27
DSL User

Thanks
Let me know what you think

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 06.05.2010, 11:30
DSL User

Did that link come through? the post seems to have not gone up or does it have to go through moderators first?
Old 06.05.2010, 12:43
remi

It's possible that it's blocked by the board's spam filter. You can wait for a moderator to unblock it or just post the link of your file.
Old 06.05.2010, 13:30
DSL User

It did say something about moderators hopefully it gets through so someone can help me
Old 07.05.2010, 10:59
remi

Your JRE version is OK.

You're using too many connections. Please reduce the number of chunks (Max.Con.) to 1 and Reset the files that are greyed out. Also reduce your number of simultaneous downloads (Max.Dls.).

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable the port 80/html/web scanner in your virus software.
Old 07.05.2010, 13:56
DSL User

Thanks. Ok Will give that a go. Though I have been using that setup for months without any problems. java and javaw are enabled in zone alarm free V9 and link scanner is off in avg free v9. It just does the same damn thing every time, I try to D/L about 8gb and it just stops at about 5gb every time. I also notice that after it stops the computer won't open up IE8 any more and most things won't run I cant even open a movie file. I have to restart to do anything again. I installed Win7 same thing then reinstalled Vista same thing, tried 3 different hard drives even external. Hardly any programs installed except for Avg free 9 Zone Alarm 9 and Klite codec pack 590 And DU meter V4.
But when I'm not downloading computer never freezes