JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports
Closed Thread

Old 30.01.2011, 19:46
Community Manager

@danccm
It's simple.
We regexed the JS and replaced ( |\\+|\\') by "" (=remove them).
They just added extra JS.
I won't play their game.
It's up to depositfiles to chase their own users away and minimize their income by doing that;)

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 30.01.2011, 23:17
ThereThere

Really glad you figured out the source of the problem. Maybe complainign to DF will get them to stop their game-playing.

From what you wrote, does this mean the JD won't be issuing an update for this?
Old 30.01.2011, 23:18
Community Manager

At least i won't fix it anymore because by doing this we even support their game and we do what they want.
Depositfiles should see their costumers running away from them, then they might stop this game...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 31.01.2011, 09:59
JD Manager

at least they should rethink their strategy and provide an api for their premium customers. at the moment they block free/premium(?).
for free users they should also rethink it but i guess they need to see a decreases in customers numbers first.

we will try to keep it working (by adding js support) but that might take some time.
if you want jd support, you can contact their support
Old 31.01.2011, 16:33
JD VIP

The first answer from DF:
Quote:
Would you be so kind describe your problem in English
What the hell? They pretend to be international (you can choose "german" as the desired language) and what do I get?
I try it again in english - everyone should do that!
Old 31.01.2011, 21:40
Esgrimidor

Default plugin error (out of date)

plugin error (out of date)

happen with depositfiles.com

and I can't download those files

How can i solve ?

Best Regards
Old 31.01.2011, 21:44
Community Manager

Merged depositfiles threads!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 31.01.2011, 23:53
identitymatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@danccm
It's simple.
We regexed the JS and replaced ( |\\+|\\') by "" (=remove them).
They just added extra JS.
I won't play their game.
It's up to depositfiles to chase their own users away and minimize their income by doing that;)

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Rather than trying to parse Depositfile's Javascript with regex, have you considered using an actual Javascript parser? For example, Rhino is an open source Javascript parser written in Java which you could use. And it's made by Mozilla so it likely is just as functional as the Javascript parser used in Firefox. Using this you could always extract the link. For Depositfiles to break functionality with JDownloaer if it used this they'd essentially also have to break functionality for all Firefox users (which they would never do).

Last edited by identitymatrix; 31.01.2011 at 23:56.
Old 01.02.2011, 12:14
remi

That remark has been made several times in the past, but it seems either to be too difficult or take too much time to integrate JS into jD yet.
Old 01.02.2011, 13:21
Bugi

Well I guess they are really going to lose a lot of customers in this way. Not many people are going to accept solely downloading through the website, only those that occasionally need a file that happens to be on DF will do that.
People that are regularly downloading stuff from hosters such as DF, are usually going to use some download manager that is capable of downloading from all of them - which is what JD is.
Also, people who may not yet have an account but still download a lot of stuff (me, for instance) will normally consider buying an account if they turn out to be regularly downloading stuff from specific hosters. These people will most probably be totally turned off by these actions - which will probably mean an almost instant drop in customers once their accounts run out.
There are tons of other options to choose from and it is (1) the availability of content and (2) the I-like-you factor that keeps people at one or the other.
Depositfiles is going to feel this, and other hosters that are more sympathetic to their customers like primarily Filesonic, will only benefit from that. Once you're out of the game in this business, it's a vicious circle going down and down.

So I guess this is the revenge we're going to have. I for sure will try to finish my download queue by hand (hell it's there, why not get it) - but I'll never turn back. I think I won't be the only one.

And DF, if you're reading this (which is probable): think about it, get a good night's sleep - and maybe you will start treating (prospective) customers the way you need to. If not, go visit some "how to properly do business in the 21st century" class, maybe it will freshen up your mind.

Last edited by Bugi; 01.02.2011 at 13:23.
Old 01.02.2011, 14:02
remi

Cool

I think jD is important but not that important that all file hosts listen to the jD Team's advice.

DF is an old host - they actually were among the first OCHs - and they've never grown like some other hosts did. Since I'm monitoring their importance, DF has always been around position 200 in Alexa's traffic ranking. Since the beginning of 2010 they're continually losing traffic. Years ago I downloaded a lot from them, but in the last couple of years I haven't seen many links.

Last edited by remi; 01.02.2011 at 14:30. Reason: typo
Old 01.02.2011, 14:12
Bugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I think jD is important but not that important that all file hosts listen to the jD Team's advice.

DF is an old host - they actually were among the first OCHs - and they've never grown like some other hosts did. Since I'm monitoring their importance, DF has always been around position 200 in Alexa's traffic rank. Since the beginning of 2010 they're continually losing traffic. Years ago I downloaded a lot from them, but in the last couple of years I haven't seen many links.
Well, actions like this seem to be the reason. This is what I would call a downwards slope. And yeah, JD is of course not the sole reason for that, I agree with you. It is more the attitude that is revealed by action like these that I'm referring to - JD is just a tool. But still, many of the people downloading from hosters are using JD or a comparable program.
Old 01.02.2011, 14:55
Community Manager

@all
Our developer ".bismarck" always fixed the plugin but he just told me that they keep changing...

This thread is now international and a sticky...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 01.02.2011, 17:59
JD VIP

This is the newest answer from DF:
Quote:
Last week the DepositFiles has updated the download forms. Reason of that was overloading of Service due to hacking activity. That includes methods to skip waiting timeouts, multiple and loop requests, direct downloads by different softwares and server scripts.
During above-mentioned updating DepositFiles team has done all possible to minimize influence on the users, who are using the service according to User Agreement (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**). And as the result, we are providing the better level of service.
More over none of Gold users should be affected at all, except situation when the user uses some misconfigured 3rd party software.
In case you are free user and have faced problems, it could be due to one of following reasons:
1. The Java script is disabled on your browser.
2. You use the Service with installed not updated 3rd party software that is according to DepositFiles User Agreement (it should run in similar way like the site works).
3. The 3rd software that installed on your computer wrongly interferes with the system of data security of the website without permission from our side.

Possible solutions for above-mentioned cases correspondently:
1. The Java script should be enabled on your browser or You should use Gold account.
2. Contact support of 3rd party application regarding updates.
3. Disable (switch off) or uninstall misconfigured software.

We suppose that JDownloader issue is the same that is described in case #2.

---------------------
Upload files easier with new Depositfiles Filemanager with FTP upload function!
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

With best regards,
DepositFiles Team
:confused:
Old 01.02.2011, 18:24
Community Manager

That's a LIE, their change was DIRECTLY against JDownloader, they were even so dumb and put the text "STOPJD" in their HTML source code...
If they want to lose their costumers they should continue this, if not they should stop it immediately!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.02.2011, 04:51
Mandark

I'm curious: has anyone from the JD dev team ever officialy contacted depositfiles?

Mayhaps, they'd be forthcoming if you hear them out, perhaps giving their gold accounts acces, at the very least.
Old 02.02.2011, 12:07
Community Manager

Try to download, it should work right now.
I'm quite sure that coalado did already contact DF but still...it was their decision to lose users by changing the site against us.
Whatever, at the moment we don't have any news about this topic.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 03.02.2011, 21:21
mark909

Quote:
Try to download, it should work right now.
It hasn't worked for me in days, and still doesn't work.

Although, I am curious, what exactly does forcing users to download through a browser do for DF? Is it simply a matter of reducing bandwidth?

As it's been already pointed out in this thread, such a policy will eventually bite them in the ass. Uploaders want to use the hosts that will give them the most downloads.
Old 03.02.2011, 21:29
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark909 View Post
Although, I am curious, what exactly does forcing users to download through a browser do for DF? Is it simply a matter of reducing bandwidth?
They change their page very often so that our plugin always breaks down...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.02.2011, 00:34
Pressfred

But what is in for them except chasing away their paying customers? It takes the same bandwidth and data volume, regardless of the downloading program being a browser or a tool like jD.
Old 04.02.2011, 10:41
remi

Right at this moment I'm downloading one of their files in my browser, because I couldn't find a mirror. The download is extremely slow and will probably take more than 2 hours for 200 MB. This shows that their servers are having serious difficulties.

I think they just prioritise their premium customers atm. Automated download tools with download queues like jD tend do download more than browsers where most of the work is manual.

You're right that if they sustain this strategy, it will kill them at the long term. My conclusion is that this can only be temporary until they can find the money to upgrade their infrastructure and/or reduce their operating costs.
Old 04.02.2011, 15:05
Cautionas

depositfiles servers is slowest what i try in a few years, i never liked this host. i found the way how to download, but they trying to break that way. that way is download files in JD, better than waiting a long time when i can download another one file, in JD it starts automatic, it's really easy.
Old 04.02.2011, 15:38
mark909

Quote:
They change their page very often so that our plugin always breaks down...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Yes, that is what they are doing. The question was, why are they doing that?
Old 04.02.2011, 16:37
Community Manager

@mark909
HERE is an answer of their support which is pretty much NOT serious because their change was exactly there to block JD but that's not the answer you get from their support

Go ahead, ask their support...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 05.02.2011, 03:31
DSL User

Arrow Has the depositfiles plugin died for the latest nightly?

Moved to the Hoster-Plugins forum, DepositFiles thread.

Last edited by drbits; 05.02.2011 at 09:58.
Old 05.02.2011, 09:56
JD English Support (inactive)

@ maximumfap,

Always search before posting. The stable and nightly plugins are almost the same and we use the same thread for them. Read the Hoster-Plugins rules (see my sig.) for how to properly report a plugin problem.
Old 07.02.2011, 11:00
DSL User

Thanks for the response guys, patience is a virtue :(
Old 09.02.2011, 17:59
mark909

I haven't run JD in a couple of days, and I just did a fresh install, which I don't think has anything to do with it.

Anyway, JD was downloading DF the last time I checked, albeit very slowly. It often seemed to work only on the first download upon start-up then stop.

Now, I notice that it hangs trying to add DF via linkgrabber. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 10.02.2011, 09:46
remi

No, I haven't noticed that. The DF plug-in is out of date.

You can always help by providing some example links and a complete and detailed log.
Old 10.02.2011, 18:29
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
No, I haven't noticed that. The DF plug-in is out of date.

You can always help by providing some example links and a complete and detailed log.
It's not specific to any particular link. So that wouldn't help.

I know the DF plug-in is out of date, however this seems to be a recent change, which is why I'm asking if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
Old 11.02.2011, 11:28
JD English Support (inactive)

Mark,

Please read the Hoster-Plugins rules and supply the requested information.

Among other things we need YOU to supply three links that work in a browser, but not in JD. We also need you to upload a log that shows JD trying to use those links.

Often, problems occur on your computer, but not mine. That means that I cannot report it as a problem. Supplying links and a log provides information to report it or to help you.

You might be suffering from software that is filtering data from DF.
Old 12.02.2011, 15:41
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Please read the Hoster-Plugins rules and supply the requested information.

Among other things we need YOU to supply three links that work in a browser, but not in JD. We also need you to upload a log that shows JD trying to use those links.
I know you are trying to be helpful, but frankly, I find these sort of conversations silly, as it has nothing to with my question. Unless you can explain how my posting links and uploading a log can tell me whether other people were having the same issue, because that's all I asked.
Old 12.02.2011, 19:36
JD Manager

depositfiles is blocking jdownloader. unless we find a friendly solutino for both sides it will be a cat and mice game
Old 13.02.2011, 17:48
mark909

Quote:
depositfiles is blocking jdownloader. unless we find a friendly solutino for both sides it will be a cat and mice game
DF does seem to be having general problems as well. Earlier this morning I couldn't even login through my browser.

The linkgrabber problem I was having was only temporary (with no changes on my end). Free downloading was working, but was extremely slow. Premium now seems to be working OK. So it seems that they are no longer deliberately trying to block JD. Since there haven't been any JD updates during this time, I can only conclude that DF is the one who made changes. So maybe they have stopped their cat and mouse game?
Old 15.02.2011, 19:29
ash

depositfiles.com plugin error (out of date)

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/28856
Old 16.02.2011, 06:39
GuitarMantra

depositfiles.com plugin error (out of date) from last 2 days for free users. plz update it. Premium user also downloading little slow than usual.
Old 16.02.2011, 07:10
Zetta Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMantra View Post
Premium user also downloading little slow than usual.
complain at premium support that they should stop blocking jD or you will delete your account. If enough people complain, it may help. If it isnt jDs fault and their servers are just slow, also: complain at DF-support, we cant help.
Old 16.02.2011, 12:05
Community Manager

It's just like "hat_ne_frage" says.
They block us, we can't change that, it's their decision to lose users/costumers...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 16.02.2011, 15:27
emile_engoulou_m

Default Deposit File Plugin error

Hi,

The plugin appears to be out of date.

Thanks for doing what you can to fix this bug.

here's the log:

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/28942

And here's the link:

Thanks.
Old 16.02.2011, 19:06
Druss

Quote:
It's just like "hat_ne_frage" says.
They block us, we can't change that, it's their decision to lose users/costumers...

GreeZ pspzockerscene
hum... after the update today it's working.
I like Jdownloader and the job that you guys make, but what is the point to say "we can't do a thing", and make a fix a few hours after ?
Closed Thread