JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.10.2017, 18:50
DarkDaLite

Default Browser Captcha results interface fail to return to jdownloader 2

Once again, this bug has resurfaced. jdownloader2 opens captcha in browser but fails to recieve result.

This error effectively causes jdownloader2 to become essentially useless in the majority of cases.

Could we please have a PERMANENT fix for this reoccuring problem? As an alternative perhaps you could give a backout latest update function.
Old 25.10.2017, 19:07
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I don't kow what bug you mean?
What do you mean by *fails to recieve result*?
Maybe you can provide more information.

In case you are talking about the RecaptchaV2 issues. Google changed RecaptchaV2 last night and the MyJDownloader Browser extension is now mandatory in order to solve RecaptchaV2 in your browser. See https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363
Old 25.10.2017, 19:07
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaLite View Post
Once again, this bug has resurfaced.
Could we please have a PERMANENT fix for this reoccuring problem?
I'm sorry but what bug are you talking about? And why *reoccuring* ?
Old 26.10.2017, 03:14
JD Legend

This is also associated with the other report https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75366 The browser will open another tab and one will get in a loop also until one clicks on the cancel pop up .... then it will try the next link and if it requires a google recaptcha v2 it will start doing the same thing again until one hits the pop up cancel again ... this is repeated until one finishes going trough all links that seem to require the google recaptcha v2 now.
The recaptcha also times out in the jdownloader window too fast of course for anything to take properly.

It is frustrating to say the least.
Old 26.10.2017, 10:56
JD Manager

@Statter: Thanks for the reference.
@DarkDaLite: What OS/Browser do you use? Maybe it is somehow conntected with the issues from Statter? Can you provide example links and maybe logs?
Old 27.10.2017, 03:33
Newbie78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I'm sorry but I don't kow what bug you mean?
What do you mean by *fails to recieve result*?
Maybe you can provide more information.

In case you are talking about the RecaptchaV2 issues. Google changed RecaptchaV2 last night and the MyJDownloader Browser extension is now mandatory in order to solve RecaptchaV2 in your browser. See **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Ok then, i was facing the local host issue, installed myjdownloader extension within firefox, even opened an account, then updated jd2. Great this issue was gone, I was able to respond to the captcha challemge inside firefox, but then, after resolving, the window inside jd2 would stick and the timer would still go on and on till it ends ans the download would'nt start. I guess that's what DarkDaLite meant in his opening post by "fails to receive result". Anyone knows about this and how to help. Thank you
Old 27.10.2017, 04:22
Brainpiercing

I had that issue, I blamed it on using a non-updated Waterfox with noscript and ublock origin running simultaneously. Or something else.
My solution thus far: Install chromium (or chrome), and only use it for captchas for Jdownloader. Needs fiddling in the string for the browser.

So: Install chromium, get the link to Chrome.exe from the shortcut.
Open advanced settings in Jdownloader, and enter the path to the browser in the appropriate field, i.e. paste the string, adding the brackets and quotation marks and extra string as in the example, and adding double backslashes instead of single. (I didn't see that at first and bugged the hell out of me.)

In Chromium, log in to a google account, and get the SID and HSID from the google.com cookies. Input to the appropriate places in Jdownloader.

Also, obviously install the Jdownloader extension. I added "Customize Tab Position 2" to turn popups into tabs.

This now works again. It's annoying to have to use 2 browsers, but.. better than nothing.
Old 27.10.2017, 05:26
English Supporter

firefox you need to have the tab closing from script function enabled, its covered in our support article https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...splay-captchas

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 28.10.2017, 00:02
Newbie78

As my nick suggests, I am not the most advanced user, meaning where do I get the tab closing from script function enabled, followed the link but couldn't see any reference to that matter. Is it within Firefox or jdownloader? Is it just an option to activate or do I hace to create the script myself in which case I must confess my total ignorance. Care for more details? Thank you
Old 28.10.2017, 00:04
Newbie78

@Brainpiercing
Thanks a lot for your solution. I'll definitly try that if no solution appears within firefox.
Old 28.10.2017, 00:15
Newbie78

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
firefox you need to have the tab closing from script function enabled, its covered in our support article **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Oooops, sorry, I didn't scroll the page all the way down
So I did opened the about:config page, switched to true for the "dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows". Then closed Firefox, opened it again, loaded a link that required the captcha, the captcha appeared, got resolved and nothing happened, the window didn't closed and the download didn't started. Am I missing something?
Old 30.10.2017, 00:27
Brainpiercing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie78 View Post
Oooops, sorry, I didn't scroll the page all the way down
So I did opened the about:config page, switched to true for the "dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows". Then closed Firefox, opened it again, loaded a link that required the captcha, the captcha appeared, got resolved and nothing happened, the window didn't closed and the download didn't started. Am I missing something?
It does seem very much like what happened in my case, and if you're using an updated firefox and no fancy script blocking plugins, then I don't know, I'm guessing it may really be a bug.
Old 30.10.2017, 02:48
Newbie78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpiercing View Post
I had that issue, I blamed it on using a non-updated Waterfox with noscript and ublock origin running simultaneously. Or something else.
My solution thus far: Install chromium (or chrome), and only use it for captchas for Jdownloader. Needs fiddling in the string for the browser.

So: Install chromium, get the link to Chrome.exe from the shortcut.
Open advanced settings in Jdownloader, and enter the path to the browser in the appropriate field, i.e. paste the string, adding the brackets and quotation marks and extra string as in the example, and adding double backslashes instead of single. (I didn't see that at first and bugged the hell out of me.)

In Chromium, log in to a google account, and get the SID and HSID from the google.com cookies. Input to the appropriate places in Jdownloader.

Also, obviously install the Jdownloader extension. I added "Customize Tab Position 2" to turn popups into tabs.

This now works again. It's annoying to have to use 2 browsers, but.. better than nothing.
I tried everything and couldn't get it working. I had problem entering the proper path mainly because I use OSX on a macbook. After many tries, It seems it accepted it. Then the SID and HSID were a bit of a challenge (i'm still not sure if I have to use google.com or google.com.br for this is where I live) but anyhow, none is working. I am stuck, if you have any idea...
Old 30.10.2017, 16:20
Brainpiercing

Quote:
I tried everything and couldn't get it working. I had problem entering the proper path mainly because I use OSX on a macbook. After many tries, It seems it accepted it. Then the SID and HSID were a bit of a challenge (i'm still not sure if I have to use google.com or google.com.br for this is where I live) but anyhow, none is working. I am stuck, if you have any idea...
I don't now OSX... But to break this down:

Does the (new) browser open, when a captcha call comes? If so, then that part is fine, I hope.

What kind of captchas do you get? Very hard with multiple pages? Then the HSID and SID don't work. If they do, you will get the usual, sometimes click box, some times one page, some times two pages of images.
Old 31.10.2017, 04:22
Newbie78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpiercing View Post
I don't now OSX... But to break this down:

Does the (new) browser open, when a captcha call comes? If so, then that part is fine, I hope.
NOPE, the browser won't even open. I first thought I had succeeded that part because after many tries jd2 finally accepted while on prior attempts it would just say bad string.
Thsi is what my path looks like [ "/Applications/Google Chrome.app", "-app=%s" ]

But then if the browser doesn't open, it means the path is not correct.
I think my next step is to update Firefox.
I thank you for your effort.
Old 03.11.2017, 14:55
Brainpiercing

I'm sorry I don't really know what paths look like in OSX... Can't help you there, I'm afraid, but google might be your friend.
Old 03.11.2017, 16:37
Black Hole

Quote:
This is what my path looks like [ "/Applications/Google Chrome.app", "-app=%s" ]

But then if the browser doesn't open, it means the path is not correct.
As I recently discovered, that path should be:

[ "/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome", "-app=%s" ]
Old 03.11.2017, 20:19
Newbie78

Thank you Brainpiercing and kdean.
I am giving up on Chrome, really don't like it.
I finally updated firefox and got it working, as simple as that.
Old 07.11.2017, 18:39
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback.