JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 11.11.2012, 11:11
adz7

Unhappy JDownloader Premium Speed Issue

Hi,

I had been using the regular version of JDownloader (0.9) for some time. I got a Rapidshare account and was getting download speeds of around 200-300Kbps which I thought was ok however I remember using a friends connection and a different program and the speed being much higher.

I therefore installed JDownloader BETA (2.0) and my speeds jumped to an average of ~500Kbps which I was extremely happy with and have been enjoying these speeds since I made the upgrade two weeks ago (500-600MB files downloading in about 15mins-fantastic!).

However tonight the BETA version has just automatically updated itself and the speeds have dropped to an average of ~200Kbps again!

Frustrated, I downloaded and installed the Internet Download Manager application and it has overtaken and completed JDownloader 2.0's attempt of downloading the same file at an average of ~500Kbps (600MB file in ~15mins). JDownlader 2.0 is still trying to download the file and its been going on now for 40mins and is only at 67%

I'd be interested if anyone has noticed this as well? I was extremely happy with the faster speeds...
Old 11.11.2012, 12:05
Ehrenmitglied

Ceck FW und AV, disable the Live / HTTP / Linkscanner in FW and AV.
Speed problems are NOT a Problem of JD, mostly is it a problem of the provider / Routingproblem, or is it a problem of the User. Have you insatll any optimizing Tools?
Old 11.11.2012, 22:48
adz7

I figured out what the problem was, went into my account settings to check that was all ok and after the update it had unchecked the premium acccount 'enabled' checkbox for some stupid reason..

Having said that I still had terrible speeds even after re-enabling premium.

I had to fully exit JD, reset the download and start again from the start to get the speeds to get back up.

Now the speed fluctuates from 200-700KB/s with an average of 400-430KB/s
It gave an ETA of 25min for this 600MB file and I timed it against a real clock and it was pretty much spot on 25min.
IDM gave an ETA of 15min with speeds fluctuating from 350-700KB/s and an average of 500KB/s and finished it in 15min.
Old 11.11.2012, 22:54
Community Manager

Well maybe IDM used more connections

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.11.2012, 22:55
Ehrenmitglied

Please provid a Log.
I am sure it is not a problem of JD. Look in my first post.
Have you check this? how long is your Acc vaild? i ask, because RS is changing her Download model.