JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.01.2013, 11:06
JD Manager

You can answer this question. You don't like the Bundle Offers - Ok. So let me hear your alternatives.
An alternative to Freeware+Advertising Bundles would be No Freeware but Paying
Old 18.01.2013, 11:51
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
lollipop - does the lollipop offer install if the users declined it?
When lollipop was included by InstallCore in their installer you could decline it.

That doesn't change the fact that the installer was recommending a MALWARE and more than one was infected with that MALWARE because they accepted the offer of other sotfware they trusted (one wide spread freeware that made a deal with those people of InstallCore).

It is clear that some people doesn't want to realize that it is not the same to offer a symantec virus scanner as adobe flash player does for example, or to offer google chrome as adobe has done either, ..., or similar offering of other freeware or whatever other reliable software, than offering LOLLIPOP, SWEETIM, ..., which are MALWARE used to steal personal data and used in activities of questionable legality (not adware).

Quote:
What do you think:
Who of you would prefer to pay for a ad and bundle free version of jdownloader (and it's installers of course)?
I'm not going to discuss about way of finance.

The software is yours and you can use whatever LEGAL and HONEST way of finance. You can even make it a paid software if you feel you need to do so.

But please don't infect people computers with MALWARE . The way you have chosen that infects people with MALWARE is not HONEST and I have my doubts on its legality.

------------------------------------------------

If I were your doctor and I offer you a pill giving you the option of getting it or not and then you get it because you trust me and you eat it and you get ill because it is poisoned, would you think?, "hey man you have chosen to eat it, it is your fault!!!". Then take in mind that what you are doing offering MALWARE is just the same.

Last edited by soisbasura; 18.01.2013 at 12:02. Reason: Edit Size: Please keep comments readable
Old 18.01.2013, 12:00
JD Manager

Quote:
used to steal personal data and used in activities of questionable legality (not adware).
where do you take this information from?
Old 18.01.2013, 12:43
soisbasura

Quote:
where do you take this information from?
[sarcasm]
SweetIM, Lollipop, ...., all are angels, don't worry, they are not involved in cybercrime. They only offer you harmless ads. They don't hijack your browsers
[/sarcasm]

By the way, do you have SweetIM installed? Do you have lollipop installed? Don't you?

Don't do upon others what you wouldn't have them do upon you

Last edited by soisbasura; 18.01.2013 at 12:49.
Old 18.01.2013, 12:49
JD Manager

Thanks for your answer

Quote:
I'm not going to discuss about way of finance.

The software is yours and you can use whatever LEGAL and HONEST way of finance. You can even make it a paid software if you feel you need to do so.
OK we'll find way

Last edited by coalado; 18.01.2013 at 12:57.
Old 18.01.2013, 13:58
rrogntudjû

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_and_acceptance
Read it!
Old 18.01.2013, 14:07
JD Manager

:blink:

I'm not sure what you expect from me.

So please tell me: What exactly do you want us to do to make you happy?

What we will do for sure during the next weeks is to review all bundle offers on the installer, to remove evil ones (like we did with SweetIM) And to think about alternative monetization models.
Old 18.01.2013, 15:14
rrogntudjû

Just make what you judge preferable for your conscience, and to make me happy please in the future avoid these kind of packages, thanks for your comprehension:

Old 18.01.2013, 19:43
Community Manager

@rrogntudjû
He is seriously writing with you and you didn't answer his questions.
As long as nothing is installed when you deselect it it's absolutely acceptable!

GreeZ psp
EDIT

I don't want to interrupt your discussion but I think one thread is enough.
Please continue here!
closed!

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 18.01.2013 at 19:48.
Old 19.01.2013, 07:41
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzocker;
"He is seriously writing with you and you didn't answer his questions. As long as nothing is installed when you deselect it it's absolutely acceptable!"
After the infection the questions, after candids now the doctor. On another threads in many occasions i have already written what i think about your equation, or your dilemme if you have a conscience. What is acceptable: honest adware on the installer like before. What i disagree: using adware made by select or deselect gangs for much more cash. Search the error: by chance in the street i met one of my favorite actresses ... i rush to ask her to give me a kiss and sign me an autograph... by chance in the street i met one of my favorite actresses accompanied by her trojan horse family... i rush to ask her to give me a kiss and sign me an autograph.

« Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme. » Rabelais

Good luck to you.
Old 19.01.2013, 14:21
Euphenka

There's always 2 sides of everything (positive-negative, good-bad, right-wrong, et al). Do not try to defeat the contradictions because you will never succeed. They are the essence of life. Try instead to float above them gently, patiently, carefully.

Thus, I can say that the idea to expect/have something without flaws, defects or shortcomings is plain ridiculous, because such thing doesn't exist in our very mortal realm (I say realm because even our ideals, beliefs, ideas, intentions, imaginations, wishes, dreams, visions, and perceptions are all full of flaws, defects or shortcomings).
PERFECT is nothing but a word.

Our mind, conscience and feeling are gifted with the ability to measure the value of anything. It makes us able to reveal the options/choices and the consequences. Furthermore, gifted with these ability, we can decide. We can choose. Naturally, it becomes our individual birthright to choose/select/pick whatever we want to/like to.

I embrace the good, right values. I believe in them. But trust me, I rarely talk about them, especially in public. Because today, people care less pretty much about anything. They deny, they manipulate, they turn shit around. I'm not really sure what got me here. Guess, I was just intrigued when I came across this shit and thinking I should have a go.

I think all the people in here already got the main point. It's just that they choose not to show it or they choose to ignore their own conscience or they simply disagree or they're just too damn stupid to understand a simple logic. They all have their choices with their own reasons and of course, consequences.

JDownloader isn't a perfect program. It has flaws. One of them is the risk of getting malware. But what the users (I believe there are many) are not really aware of is that JD's intentionally offering malwares to us included in the installation bundle for the sake of paying the bills.

There are tons of ways to make a living. Using a cheap trick like this to circumvent a way of getting profit won't get you anywhere. When they found out the secret of your trick, you'll be expecting all these rage instead of money.

I'm just trying to make a constructive suggestion here since we want what's best for all of us. JD is not the only freeware available on the market. Some freewares last longer due to their decent comprehensive-customer based marketing. If you wanna follow their tracks, you prolly wanna learn from them. First step would be: listen considerately to what your customer says.

All in all, it's about choices and consequences.
Old 22.01.2013, 04:01
antivirus

I will never use jdownloader again. I also unchecked "install sweetpack" and it was installed.

It looks like your ADWARE is containing a DANGEROUS VIRUS that resides in WMI and works like proxy.

Last edited by antivirus; 22.01.2013 at 04:38.
Old 22.01.2013, 09:11
JD Manager

We are currently reviewing all bundle offers.
SweetIM/Sweetpack however has been removed from the installer about 2 weeks ago.

May I ask when this happened to you (@antivirus) and where you did download the installer from?
Old 05.02.2013, 03:48
Mega Loader

Just updated my JDownloader v2 and according to my anti-virus program it tried to install the conduit toolbar WITHOUT ME ASKING!. Nice try likeheads. I can't believe I actually made several posts for bugfixes to help the developers make this program better. How nice of you to try to like the community in the ass. like you JDownloader and all of its developers. Uninstalling right now. Bye bye...
Old 05.02.2013, 03:56
d3lirium

Default Malware installed with Jdownloader

Hi!

I'm extremely disappointed that Jdownloader installed a malware called "delta search" that has ruined my google chrome.
I have tried uninstalling all the crap that came with the so called "delta search" and finally had to uninstall google chrome, loosing all my settings, stored passwords, etc...

I'm very disappointed because I have been using Jdownloader for some time and I was very happy with it, but if you are going to keep up with these kind of practices I will stop using the program.

I call it malware because no matter what I did I could not remove it from google chrome, when opening a new tab, as default search engine, etc....
I'm very unhappy because I don't know if this is something that was out of your control or these kind of practices are normal, because if you leak malware like this into the installer, I wonder if you also leak other malicious content inside Jdownloader itself.

Edit: this delta search spam has also installed itself into firefox. Only Opera seems to be free from it. I'm extremely disappointed. Even after uninstalling Chrome and installing again it's still showing up.
This is disgusting. I never expected something like this to happen from Jdownloader.

Thx for your replies.

Last edited by d3lirium; 05.02.2013 at 04:01.
Old 05.02.2013, 09:21
JD Manager

@henshin:

JD2 comes with toolbar.exe, which is the JDownloader Controlbar, and created by Conduit.
the toolbar.exe is with every installation. That does not mean that it get's installed without asking.
You get an screen like this in JD:

If you have ANY suggestions to make this screen clearer, and less missunderstanding, please let me hear it.

One thing is sure: JD did not try to install it without asking. I guess your AV tool complained when JD downloaded the exe.
Old 05.02.2013, 09:24
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3lirium View Post
Hi!

I'm extremely disappointed that Jdownloader installed a malware called "delta search" that has ruined my google chrome.
I have tried uninstalling all the crap that came with the so called "delta search" and finally had to uninstall google chrome, loosing all my settings, stored passwords, etc...

I'm very disappointed because I have been using Jdownloader for some time and I was very happy with it, but if you are going to keep up with these kind of practices I will stop using the program.

I call it malware because no matter what I did I could not remove it from google chrome, when opening a new tab, as default search engine, etc....
I'm very unhappy because I don't know if this is something that was out of your control or these kind of practices are normal, because if you leak malware like this into the installer, I wonder if you also leak other malicious content inside Jdownloader itself.

Edit: this delta search spam has also installed itself into firefox. Only Opera seems to be free from it. I'm extremely disappointed. Even after uninstalling Chrome and installing again it's still showing up.
This is disgusting. I never expected something like this to happen from Jdownloader.

Thx for your replies.

We are currently working on the "uninstall" problem of the bundles. We want to implement ONE uninstall button that uninstalls all JD bundles without leaving anything - one click.
Old 06.02.2013, 00:51
Mega Loader

Quote:
@henshin:

JD2 comes with toolbar.exe, which is the JDownloader Controlbar, and created by Conduit.
the toolbar.exe is with every installation. That does not mean that it get's installed without asking.
You get an screen like this in JD:

If you have ANY suggestions to make this screen clearer, and less missunderstanding, please let me hear it.

One thing is sure: JD did not try to install it without asking. I guess your AV tool complained when JD downloaded the exe.
Who is talking about a new installation? I said the updater attempted to install the conduit toolbar without asking me. Fortunately my anti-virus program notified me it attempted to install the conduit toolbar during an update of an already installed jdownloader (v2) (I'm using portable java).

Anti-virus program - Quarantine

Software removal panel, Win 7

Last edited by henshin; 06.02.2013 at 01:16.
Old 06.02.2013, 09:19
JD Manager

henshin:
I though I explained this already. The Updaterdownloaded the toolbar.exe.
To install it, we do not only have to download it, but start it. There is a huge difference between downloading and installing.

Moreover, this is not a virus. However.. if you feel safer - just delete it.

I guess we should download the toolbar after the user clicked to install it, not before. This would avoid such missunderstandings
Old 07.02.2013, 18:46
ReXTaR

oo please! ... JD is a great program ... some get infected if a virus has been due to lack of knowledge or curiosity ... personally never install additional programs that I use ... disable the antivirus for the computer is not affected in speed ... then who's fault is it? Scan hard drives once every three months or just when I think I have a virus ... I would definitely stop the toolbar.exe, but when installing JD did not choose to install the bar ... sometimes it is better to learn a little, remove laziness and read ... I think somehow blame the program is silly ... and as editestowy nobody forces us to use the program ... is like going to download and install the skymond, just because letitbit offers more speed or downloads ... I think everything is in look at where we click, when and why ... Greetings ...
Old 08.02.2013, 07:00
rrogntudjû

@ ReXTaR
I prefer do not argue with you cause you are totally out of subject. When moderators decides to censor the title of a thread or to merge all the threads talking about adware or malware with silent installs which is not the same subject at all, this is what happens. Of course after its difficult to have a sane conversation and it's not surprising a ReXTaR can't recognize its kittens.

@ coalado
Don't know if JD's browser controlbar is very useful but the shame is people who want to try it can't install it without crap!

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 08.02.2013 at 11:06.
Old 08.02.2013, 17:45
ReXTaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogntudjû View Post
@ ReXTaR
I prefer do not argue with you cause you are totally out of subject. When moderators decides to censor the title of a thread or to merge all the threads talking about adware or malware with silent installs which is not the same subject at all, this is what happens. Of course after its difficult to have a sane conversation and it's not surprising a ReXTaR can't recognize its kittens.

@ coalado
Don't know if JD's browser controlbar is very useful but the shame is people who want to try it can't install it without crap!
quiet, do not understand why so much trouble, as coalado said, not installed by itself and delete it bothers you and you ... inclusive, the image samples where the antivirus detects it, says it is a potentially unwanted program ... not be a virus or trojan, I have years using JD and I had no problems ...
Another possible solution is that you send that file to your antivirus support and verify that it is not a false positive ...
Old 08.02.2013, 18:27
rrogntudjû

Always quiet, even with a true negatif avatar.
Old 08.02.2013, 18:53
ReXTaR

I sent the file to the Lab Kaspersky toolbar.exe and they responded as follows:

Hello,

This message is generated by automatic letter reception system. The report contains information on what the verdicts on the files (if any in the letter) makes antivirus with latest updates. Letter will be passed to the virus analyst. If you are a licensed Kaspersky Lab customer, we recommend that you send the files to be scanned to the Virus Lab, using your profile: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** This option is available for the Licensed Kaspersky Lab customers only. If you are not a Licensed Kaspersky Lab customer, please use the following link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**. This link sends your file to the Virus Lab for inspection. All the files submitted for scanning from unregistered addresses are verified in the common queue order.

enviar al kaspersky Team.JPG

This file is in process.

toolbar.exe

No malicious code was found in this file.

Best Regards, Kaspersky Lab

"10/1, 1st Volokolamsky Proezd, Moscow, 123060, RussiaTel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700 **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 09.02.2013, 00:17
ReXTaR

Talking false detection toolbar.exe by Kaspersky

my last contribution to the subject, and after mail copy at # 75, I received another email this additional kaspersky labs:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
Thank you for your help.

Regards, Radu Motspan
Virus Analyst

10/1, 1st Volokolamsky Proezd, Moscow, 123060, Russia
Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 08.02.2013 20:44:00
To: newvirus@kaspersky.com
Subject: [VirLabSRF][False alarm on a file][M:1][LN:EN][L:0]

LANG: en
email: xxx@xxx.com.mx

description:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
antivirus detected this program, which comes as an optional installer within another program and want to know if it is real or just a Trojan a false positive ...
and consult your main program and argues that the executable (toolbar.exe) is no virus, adaware, malware, trojan or some other malware like ..
Therefore, I ask you to review the attached file and confirm or deny the results of the analysis ...
Thanks in advance ...
P.D. Im Mexican, if possible in spanish

uploaded files:
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Configuración local\Datos de programa\JDownloader 2.0\toolbar.rar
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Mis documentos\xxx\varios\enviar al kaspersky Team.JPG
Attached Thumbnails
enviar al JD Team3.JPG  
Old 09.02.2013, 01:31
Ehrenmitglied

@rrogntudjû

I think its now enough. What do you want?
Rextar tells you it is not a Virus, false positive alert.
You cry JD have a Malware, so the Dev delate this, so they make a useful Toolbar and this is not good...
If you want incite unrest, so go please to antoher forum.
You are like a child, that have taken the Lolipop away. If you again somewhere bring purly unrest, you will be kicked out here!
Old 09.02.2013, 04:40
rrogntudjû

Default Tricks it's enough now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
@rrogntudjû

I think its now enough. What do you want?
Rextar tells you it is not a Virus, false positive alert.
You cry JD have a Malware, so the Dev delate this, so they make a useful Toolbar and this is not good...
If you want incite unrest, so go please to antoher forum.
You are like a child, that have taken the Lolipop away. If you again somewhere bring purly unrest, you will be kicked out here!
First don't care false positive alert or not it's not really the subject you know that perfectly don't be hypocrit. The real subject the most important is the title of this thread started by stackoverflow and confirmed by so many other users: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...349#post237349 "JDownloader will attempt to install Malware without your permission OR your knowledge. Do not fall into the same trap that I did." About permission it was even confirmed by coalado, so in addition to rexstar's double posts out of subject you are just out of topic but it's not important. But do not use henshin's post which is just a collateral effect as an alibi please. Also when you say "the Dev delate this" for the moment we are not sure cause this thread: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=45685 was open after so we must wait a little for confirmation... working on uninstall as coalado said ok but it would be better to verify carefully bundles upstream to reassure people about an honest installer for the future. For my part i have not the intention to use the setup until i am really sure it contains no tricks so i can't know how it is made now, i prefer to wait after users feedback not after your advices, cause you have made nothing to alert about this problem before... i can understand it's easier to criticize than to take his own responsibilities.

Second you think what you want but do not try to induce people in error i just wanted the best for JD as i have already answer to pspzocker, but you read only what suits you. Now i am very glad if a babybear can now click on the installer without any troubles, you should rather thank me and all the real supporters who can't accept illegal installs on their computers instead to threaten me. When i help for translation, for bugs and plugins and when i am infected myself i can support also users for this kind of things its my choice. Nobody even the responsibles do not even have had a kind word for apology to people who were infected without their consent, so now you're right it's enough.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 09.02.2013 at 11:49.
Old 10.02.2013, 02:37
rami073

I don't know how this topic marked as solved while the problem still exist !!!???

x)x)x)And this is what my Antivirus found today
Attached Thumbnails
Virus.jpg  

Last edited by raztoki; 10.02.2013 at 04:32. Reason: merged double post
Old 10.02.2013, 20:17
Muffen

I had sooo much trouble with jdownloader and its toolbar. First of all it installed the toolbar, without my premission (and yes, i did not allow it on the jdownloader install). I uninstalled it, but still made my google chrome redict to the stupid website. (Changes made in chrome settings didnt work either, did still redict)

I searched the internet om how to remove it, no luck... Used antivirus without luck, i even tried spybot, and that didnt work either. My final solution was to format my computer, as I found no way to delete it...

Thanks JDownloader, nice 1st experience!
Old 10.02.2013, 21:06
JD Manager

@rami073 this is a cookie...so what?

@Muffen it would be easier to help you if you could tell us what "toolbar" you had. Before formating your computer, it would have been a better idea to ask our support.
Old 11.02.2013, 04:26
rrogntudjû

@ eisbaer

... and the future is not for tomorrow.
Old 11.02.2013, 05:54
rami073

Quote:
@rami073 this is a cookie...so what?

@Muffen it would be easier to help you if you could tell us what "toolbar" you had. Before formating your computer, it would have been a better idea to ask our support.

It says a threat My pc is full of cookies for several sites but, non of them considered a threat but this one. Why ?
Old 11.02.2013, 08:42
ceet12

jdownloader2 beta,
has installed, conduit search bar and other sh*t

i did not click this to be installed! were do you get off automatically installing this?

this is not on!

ive now got to try and find a way to get rid of the adawrs that jdownloader has poluted my computer with, and also i clciked do not install the toolbar, and suprise suprise it did anyway.,

why is the topic marked as solved when this problem still exists?

Last edited by ceet12; 11.02.2013 at 08:44.
Old 11.02.2013, 09:16
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by rami073 View Post
It says a threat My pc is full of cookies for several sites but, non of them considered a threat but this one. Why ?
First this dangerous cookie has nothing to do with JD. I say dangerous because it track your personal informations but also your email adress sometimes, so after you can have spam with adwares etc. Second if you have an alert from your antivirus it proves your computer is not well securized. To avoid this problem first you can use Hostman with MVPS list to manage your hosts file: abelhadigital.com/hostsman. Second in the preference of your browser do not allow third parties cookies. After for a better security if your browser accept add-ons you can use Noscript and an adblocker.
Old 13.02.2013, 20:21
ReXTaR

coalado why not close the issue, this man rrogntudjû just wants attention and behaves very foolish, the tests are not enough, is dedicated solely to criticize the program, just does not work as he wants ... does not lift a finger to do things, or want to read something to learn on your own ... only looking for a subject in which you do the second ... not understand how moving the JD2 advanced settings and let it install the bar? my computer does not install the bar and I used the two installation methods ... much concern for personal information and the objective of the program is taken very seriously the role of savior of the computer world or something ... I think the answer is more kaspersky lab that solved the issue ...
Old 19.02.2013, 21:43
Banned

Well, you can skip the example toolbar during installation Jdownloader but noticed attempting to install different toolbar at the "update JDownloader"

example:
Win32/Toolbar.Conduit

toolbar.conduit.com

but my tired program Eset blocked toolbar ;D

Last edited by djmakinera; 19.02.2013 at 22:04.
Old 20.02.2013, 22:24
cyberwast

Exclamation Jdownloader full of malware. Thanks for destroying my gf's computer.

Yesterday my girlfriend asked me which program she could use to download videos from You Tube. Since I've been a user of old JD versions, I suggested her this program and sent her the link for jdownloader.org. I had installed it in another computer just a few days ago, but I always go into advanced mode when I install and un-check/pass every crap most programs want to install in the computer.

I forgot to tell her about this, so she obviously went into default install, which installs every program aside of JD. That's when hell began. Publicity popping out all over the place, huge slow down, toolbars occupying space...every bad thing that could happen, happened.

She tried to solve it during the night, until the operating system wouldn't start anymore.

I wanna thank JD developers for filling my girlfriend's computer full of malware. It's her tool of work and as for today, she'll be in deep trouble to fullfill the deadlines she has in university. I also want to make you FULLY responsible if I otherwise happen to have any kind of malware as a result of installing JD, even if I always reject any other software other than the one I intend to install.

Finally, I want to congratulate you for somehow converting a really nice freeware program into a bag of malware only for your profit purposes.

I will proceed to uninstall this "software" from all of my computers.
Old 20.02.2013, 22:46
Spanish Supporter

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44832

Quote:
We are currently reviewing all bundle offers.
SweetIM/Sweetpack however has been removed from the installer about 2 weeks ago.

May I ask when this happened to you (@antivirus) and where you did download the installer from?

Last edited by Lram32; 20.02.2013 at 22:51.
Old 20.02.2013, 23:20
Ehrenmitglied

Thanks @lram32
Moved to the right section.
Old 20.02.2013, 23:44
cyberwast

C:\Users\Leandro\AppData\Local\Temp\is1070216317\22find_B_cor_br_201319193057.exe (Trojan.Agent.SP)

And then they dare to say it's not malware...