JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.10.2021, 10:19
JD Adviser

Default Enable Undo on File Name/Package Name?

This is the closest I've found regarding this:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=67045

And in the thread, Jiaz mentioned:

Quote:
Where to place the undo for rename? How long to remember old name?
Not sure how JD2 textbox works but is it not possible to just be able to Ctrl+Z while the textbox is still active? Similar to how you can Ctrl+Z pretty much anywhere you can type.

I don't think we really need to make a more complicated version, like the post above seems to be alluding to.

Just a basic one where while you're still typing and made a mistake or pasted a long-ass link instead of the file name, you can just hit Ctrl+Z. If you've already pressed Enter or clicked outside the box then you're just SOL but I think most naming mistakes/typos are caught while the textbox is still active anyway.

Right now, I have to highlight the whole thing and it sometimes takes a while especially when it's one of those really really long direct links. Or when highlighting text, due to the small nature of the text box, the highlight will apply on the opposite part of the text on click release and now you have the retype the whole thing, etc. Lol.

Thanks!

Last edited by DukeM; 07.10.2021 at 10:22.
Old 07.10.2021, 11:52
JD Manager

@DukeM: to support UNDO a text(edit) component requires a so called UndoManager assigned, that keeps tracking of previous states. Those must be explicit assigned.

To abort current edit/change, ESC key should work in most places.

Can you tell me where you would need such feature most? then I can start working on the ticket at those places first and we/you can check if it works as expected.
Please know that I need to know where you edit something? Within the table is a different component, than a dialog or the property window.
Old 07.10.2021, 13:56
JD Adviser

Quote:
to support UNDO a text(edit) component requires a so called UndoManager assigned, that keeps tracking of previous states. Those must be explicit assigned.
Ahhhhh, I see, I honestly assumed that textboxes or any fields that allows you to input text automatically just has that. I thought it relies on your OS to handle that text field rather than the individual software itself. Didn't occur to me that it would have been a separate feature. Now, it makes sense, thanks for clarifying that.

Quote:
To abort current edit/change, ESC key should work in most places.
Wow, I never figured that one. It certainly would be less painful now. Thanks again!

Quote:
Can you tell me where you would need such feature most?
I use it most on the box that appears at the bottom of the Linkgrabber tab when you select a file on the list. The one with the fields for Package name, File name, Save to, Download Password, MD5/SHA1/SHA256, etc. And like 99% of the time, I just use the "File name" part.

But to be fair, now that I know I can use Esc for the mess-ups I'd be making, I don't mind not having this feature, at least not immediately. Haha. Thanks, @Jiaz!
Old 07.10.2021, 14:03
JD Adviser

Oh no, I just messed up a rename and pasted a link on the text field. Tried pressing Esc and it just highlighted the whole text and didn't "reset" it. Hahaha.
Old 07.10.2021, 14:21
Community Manager

Works fine here.
While it does select the whole text, it also resets it to the text there was before.
Did you maybe click outside of the comment field in between?
If you lost important information you might be able to restore it this way.

If you think you found a bug:
Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 07.10.2021, 14:26
JD Adviser

Hey @psp! I was just about to edit that additional comment. Haha. I'm making a fool of myself here but it doesn't matter.

So yeah, for me at least, it still doesn't revert the file name after pasting text BUT if I type in anything after that (even just one character) then pressing Esc, it reverts it back to the text before the paste. Haha. So, it works! My JD2 is probably just a little bit special and needs extra attention.
Old 07.10.2021, 14:28
Community Manager

Ahh so you were talking about the filename field, not comment field?
Anyways - works fine here too, the behavior is the same as descibed in my last post hmm

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?