JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.01.2019, 16:46
BugMeNot Account

Default Questions about my.jdownloader

First of all thanks for this nice service. I have some questions:

- how do I configure a reconnect via the WebUI correctly? I copied a few config files from a working instance and I am not even sure it is working
- can I configure JD2 to update,restart&reconnect instead of just reconnecting whenever an update is available?
- do I need to have the browser extension installed in order to solve WebUI CAPTCHAs in a brower?
- When I use the android app it happens quite often that if I tap too fast instead of a selection a zoom-in will happen. Can I disable this misbehaviour?

thank you!

btw: Is the support chat dead? I tried to use it a few times in the last weeks but never met a supporter?!
Old 25.01.2019, 17:30
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaintext View Post
- how do I configure a reconnect via the WebUI correctly? I copied a few config files from a working instance and I am not even sure it is working
What reconnect method are you using? LiveHeader/UPNP/Batch? Then I can check and provide help

Quote:
- can I configure JD2 to update,restart&reconnect instead of just reconnecting whenever an update is available?
Hmm, what exactly do you mean? There is an eventscripter script, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525 that checks for available updates and restarts JDownloader if possible to install the update.
Or do you mean something else?

Quote:
- do I need to have the browser extension installed in order to solve WebUI CAPTCHAs in a brower?
The browser extension is required to solve RecaptchaV2 within browser. A MyJDownloader account is NOT required
for the extension to work locally. You can also use the android app or other MyJDownloader apps to solve those
captchas.

Quote:
- When I use the android app it happens quite often that if I tap too fast instead of a selection a zoom-in will happen. Can I disable this misbehaviour?
Can you please contact support@jdownloader.org and I will forward to mrc(developer) so he can check/maybe fix/maybe add option for it

Quote:
Is the support chat dead? I tried to use it a few times in the last weeks but never met a supporter?!
Better send mail to support@jdownloader.org or write here in forum. I'm not often in support chat else I won't find any more time to work
Old 25.01.2019, 17:44
BugMeNot Account

I use the reconnect that a GUI-JD Reconnect wizard determined. According to advanced Options I think it is "SIMPLEUPNP"

When JD is ready to reconnect (no active download) I would like JD to update & reconnect instead of just reconnecting. I think the script you are referring to does this only if JD is idle (I am assuming "waiting for reconnect" is not idle?!)

About the App: I can surely write you an email later, but why is that easier/better than c&p it from the board?!

PS: I just noticed that users can support JD sending money via in-app purches. Doesn't Google eat 30% of the donations that are made this way?
Old 25.01.2019, 19:14
JD Manager

Quote:
When JD is ready to reconnect (no active download) I would like JD to update & reconnect instead of just reconnecting. I think the script you are referring to does this only if JD is idle (I am assuming "waiting for reconnect" is not idle?!)
Yes, the script checks for idle. But mgpai can easily modify it and trigger to *AFTER_RECONNECT* so the "check/install update" script will be executed after reconnect

Quote:
About the App: I can surely write you an email later, but why is that easier/better than c&p it from the board?!
That way the developer can easier ask questions or ping/pong the issue. Maybe he has issues with reproducing and wants to know more about smartphone/android app....If you don't want to write an additional email ,let me know and I will forward this manually

Quote:
PS: I just noticed that users can support JD sending money via in-app purches. Doesn't Google eat 30% of the donations that are made this way?
Yes. So it would be better to donate here, https://my.jdownloader.org/contribute/#/
But please don't understand that I'm asking you to donate!
Old 30.01.2019, 15:55
BugMeNot Account

I tried to install Event Scripter via my.JD, but It seems to fail. Is there a shell command to install it?
Old 30.01.2019, 16:16
BugMeNot Account

If 30% are lost it might be worth telling the user of the app about this :D
Old 30.01.2019, 17:23
JD Manager

What error happens when you try to install the EventScripter? A restart should be required and then should work. In case you still struggle with installation of eventscripter, please contact me via support@jdownloader.org and I suggest we do a Teamviewer session to fix this together
Old 30.01.2019, 20:30
BugMeNot Account

Oh, I didn't know you need to reboot. In WebUI you klick install, the button switches to enable but a loading animation is still there. If you reload the page the button changed to "install" again.

Now I just need to ask mgpai to change the trigger of the script. Thank you again.
Old 31.01.2019, 11:23
JD Manager

Restart of JDownloader should be enough. Did installation of the eventscripter work fine then?
Old 23.02.2019, 22:27
ecopsorn

Hi guys, I'm having the same troubles.
I'm trying to install Event Scripter through my.jdownloader Settings. There is an Install Button, when I press it, the browser keeps refreshing and the idle symbol (3 moving bars) shows up. However, it never goes through with installation. When I refresh the browser manually, the yellow buttons shows "Install" again.

My jdownloader runs on my QNAP NAS. Is there a workaround to fix the issue?

Unfortunately I cannot even share a error message, because none pops up.
Old 23.02.2019, 22:32
ecopsorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopsorn View Post
Hi guys, I'm having the same troubles.
I'm trying to install Event Scripter through my.jdownloader Settings. There is an Install Button, when I press it, the browser keeps refreshing and the idle symbol (3 moving bars) shows up. However, it never goes through with installation. When I refresh the browser manually, the yellow buttons shows "Install" again.

My jdownloader runs on my QNAP NAS. Is there a workaround to fix the issue?

Unfortunately I cannot even share a error message, because none pops up.
So I gotta quote myself now . I can confirm that after updating and restarting jdownloader through the "General" tab, the Event Scripter Plugin is installed. problem solved
Old 25.02.2019, 17:01
JD Manager

@ecopsorn: yes, an additional restart of JDownloader is required to install the pending extensions.

thanks for the feedback!