JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 24.06.2013, 00:36
Mega Loader

Exclamation New download directory declined!

Hi

I was running jdownloader off my external hard drive because sometimes my laptop would crash. So if I lost anything it would save to my external hard drive. It was going perfectly fine. My download directory for jdownloader was

" I/jdownloader "

Letter "I" drive was my external drive. After a few days download speeds started to do some very unusual download peaks. It went from 1 Mb/s to 3 kbs.. it stopped and said

"No permissions to write to hard disk"

And the file was greyed out. This gave me a huge headache. Since this started to happen to all my downloads. It would work few seconds and then stop downloading. I saved my linklist in JD container and I uninstalled jdownloader off my external drive. Installed it again but this time in

" C:/users/me " in my downloads folder default directory

I turned off my external hard drive. Started jdownloader and imported JD links container to resume downloading. New download directory folder was not taking effect. When attempting to re-download again, it said

"Aborted: Could not write to file: I/jdownloader "

:outch:

So why is jdownloader still trying to save downloads to my external hard drive when I set it up to "C:/users/me" download folder?

I restarted JD dozens of times. Restarted my computer couple times. Uninstalled and re-installed. New download directory is being declined. Is there any way to fix this? I would like to save my downloads in my C:/ instead of "I:/" because I think my external HD is causing download errors and peaks and causes "no permission to write to hard disk." My external HD is using USB 2.0 so I think that's why.. it worked before.

Any help?

Last edited by hazmo02; 24.06.2013 at 00:58.
Old 24.06.2013, 06:25
English Supporter

Download directory information is written in each link because each file can be downloaded to different folders. To change it, select the links, right click to change download directory.