-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 21.10.2013, 22:18
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
I just want to know how to fix JD Nightly.
The Nightly is no longer Suported.
Quote:
Is it possible to overwrite the just-installed Java Update with an older, previous version?
Well its an Apple Computer, i think not. (I have no Apple) Maybe a Time Machine backup is avible...
But i think a Paralell Instalation is possible.
Old 22.10.2013, 00:02
pierre77

I think they put their good programmers to JD2.

And their new programmer has to continue with JD1 and has no clue at all :-)

btw: JD2 is pretty good working on my Mac. JD 1 without bugs was even better though
Old 22.10.2013, 03:29
English Supporter

the log should still be present in directory with jar files
jdownloader.log usually

but you can also start JD with debug args as stated above, you can also output console to seperate log files, via
java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar -debug 2> errlog.txt >log.txt

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 22.10.2013, 07:08
k-bar

Now JD will not even run. Seems the problem is worse than ever before.
Old 22.10.2013, 07:34
JD Adviser

I read somewhere many posts above in this thread that JD Nightly is no longer supported but that the stable version of JD(1) is.

The only reason I was using Nightly was because, for some unknown reason, you didn't make multihoster LinkSnappy available on the stable release. That is one of my main multihosters, so I had to use Nightly. Is LinkSnappy now offered as an account on the stable release? If so, then I'll happily switch to it.
Old 22.10.2013, 09:39
English Supporter

@User0

no, linksnappy is a multihoster you require to use JDownloader Nightly (which we don't provide support for any longer (other than plugin updates, but this will stop shortly)), or JDownloader 2 (which is Beta release).

raztoki

Old 22.10.2013, 10:08
echo

Default A quick fix until it gets fixed

this is what I did to get a "working" jd1

open "junk" (current) version of jd1
quickly go to settings/basic/general/update & uncheck webupdate start auto
quickly quit jd1 (before it crashes)
go to MacUpdate dot com - download jd1
start the installer
answer - install - i have copy installed
when asked start app
when asked to update - SAY NO
working jd1 with 881 updates available
stable for 2 hours
no problems

I'm waiting until this thread goes "Solved" before updating again
hope this helps those that "need" jd1 working
cheers

Last edited by echo; 22.10.2013 at 10:09. Reason: added: /basic/
Old 22.10.2013, 10:44
Modem User

Hi Community,

unfortunately I face the same problems on my 2 Macs running OS X 10.8.5, Java 1.7.0_21 and the last stable version of JD1. On the first machine JD is used in a interactive way with active clipboard scan. On the second machine the clipboard scan is deactivated and the downloads are added using the remote interface using hosters uploaded (premium) and netload (free).

On the second machine there are no problems as the potentially buggy parts are not used and even netload's captchas are processed without any problems.

The first machine freezes nearly everytime a new url is added: Sometimes during url scan (especially if multible urls are scanned), sometimes the captcha window isn't displayed. If just one url is added at a time and the captcha can be processed without problems, it has to be immediately added to the download list, followed by a restart of JD. If it's not added and resetted directly after the scan JD freezes.

Unfortunately jdupdate.jar didn't fix this problem.

--
Regards,
Lameth
Old 22.10.2013, 11:36
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@User0

no, linksnappy is a multihoster you require to use JDownloader Nightly (which we don't provide support for any longer (other than plugin updates, but this will stop shortly)), or JDownloader 2 (which is Beta release).

raztoki
I've used JD for over 3 years, probably more, so I know what I'm doing and how to use the program.

Why are you discontinuing support for Nightly and making everyone step in that pile of sh@t called JD2 Beta?

I tried the "fix" mentioned a couple of posts above --- DOESN'T WORK. JD Nightly still crashes with the out of memory error.

So I reluctantly booted up JD 2. Let me ask you: Why would you even BOTHER to release something that is not even alpha status? That program is 100% fail. NONE of my linksnappy links is recognized.

My premium rg and ryu links: Out of 11 I "force downloaded" all disappeared from the live download except two links. That is not a percentage even remotely acceptable.

PLEASE. TAKE JD2 OFF THIS SITE AND THROW IT BACK ON THE DRAWING BOARD. IT IS NOT READY FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION, AT LEAST ON THE MAC SIDE. CONTINUE SUPPORTING JD NIGHTLY FOR THOSE OF US (AND I'M SURE THERE ARE PLENTY) WHO NEED MULTIHOSTER ACCOUNT SUPPORT.

Or else bring multihoster support over to the Stable Release. What is your mysterious philosophy of NOT putting multihosters on the stable branch anyway? Most of them have been around for years and have had the kinks worked out.

JD2 is NOT the answer. I gave it its just due. It DOES NOT WORK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansMeiserAusTirol View Post
How to downgrade java:

Download Java 2013-003 from **External links are only visible to Support Staff**here.

In Terminal, copy and paste these 3 commands to remove enough of the new Java version to allow re-installation of Java 1.6.0_45:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework
sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.JavaForMacOSX107
Then open the downloaded disk image and install JavaForOSX.pkg

You will now need to turn off automatic system updates, and refrain from installing the 2013-004 update when it gets offered again via the App Store.

The downgrade worked for me ! All is fine now.

cheers

I did exactly as you detailed and when I try to install an older JavaForOSX.pkg I get an Alert, "A newer version of this package is already installed."

So you must be forgetting something. Where else is something "newer" remaining???

also, where on earth can i find java for osx 2013-003? apple has removed all traces of it. even the old KB number is defaulting to 2013-005, the cause of this frigging nightmare. why did you cloak the link to it under "external links visible only to supporters?"

i'm a supporter. i use freaking JD. Now please, the link to 2013-003 and a fool-proof method of TOTALLY REMOVING all traces of existing Java so that I won't get an Alert that prohibits me from downgrading Java.

Last edited by raztoki; 22.10.2013 at 12:22. Reason: merging tripple post, please use edit.
Old 22.10.2013, 12:21
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by User0 View Post
I've used JD for over 3 years, probably more, so I know what I'm doing and how to use the program.

Why are you discontinuing support for Nightly and making everyone step in that pile of sh@t called JD2 Beta?

I tried the "fix" mentioned a couple of posts above --- DOESN'T WORK. JD Nightly still crashes with the out of memory error.

So I reluctantly booted up JD 2. Let me ask you: Why would you even BOTHER to release something that is not even alpha status? That program is 100% fail. NONE of my linksnappy links is recognized.

My premium rg and ryu links: Out of 11 I "force downloaded" all disappeared from the live download except two links. That is not a percentage even remotely acceptable.

PLEASE. TAKE JD2 OFF THIS SITE AND THROW IT BACK ON THE DRAWING BOARD. IT IS NOT READY FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION, AT LEAST ON THE MAC SIDE. CONTINUE SUPPORTING JD NIGHTLY FOR THOSE OF US (AND I'M SURE THERE ARE PLENTY) WHO NEED MULTIHOSTER ACCOUNT SUPPORT.

Or else bring multihoster support over to the Stable Release. What is your mysterious philosophy of NOT putting multihosters on the stable branch anyway? Most of them have been around for years and have had the kinks worked out.

JD2 is NOT the answer. I gave it its just due. It DOES NOT WORK.

I'll wont respond to the caps and most the opinion based statements. What I'll respond to why it is the way it is.

Both Nightly(~3+ years ago) and JD2 (our latest, but built ontop of previous Nightly with many major rewrites) have been our development platforms. Nightly implementation for multihosting was experimental at best and never made it into our stable release. The support overrides the the controlling methods that decide what gets downloaded by what plugin, as a Addon. This Addon (Premium) requires core updates in order to function and even support the multihoster plugins... We haven't and can not issue core updates, quite simply put, as our code changed so much that not possible without changing completely over to JD2. Also even if was placed into 0.9.581 at the last core update (back ~4 years ago), it would still have the same core update requirement for it's plugins, so no better off than Nightly!). JD2 multihosting has this logic at the backend controlling level. So you could say it's natively supported! We still need to improve error handling is some what antiquated for multihoster exceptions, but for now it's no different than Nightly, throwing standard linkstatus exceptions! But main benefit of JD2 implementation is they are treated as standard plugins, just with another routine to handle the multihosting component. Updates are possible with rest of the plugins.

I've never experienced links disappearing (since merging bug many moons ago) when forcing downloads. Have you ever reported these issues of links disappearing?

Last edited by raztoki; 22.10.2013 at 12:26.
Old 22.10.2013, 13:47
Wilensky

Default Jdownloader stack

How can I download Jdownloader to my Mac without automatic update?
Until now, I have used older version and all was going fine, the last updates caused my computer to stack, so I deleted the application an reloaded it from my old dmg file, but the application updated it self immediately causing the computer to stack again.
Any help?
Thanks,
Amnon
Old 22.10.2013, 14:24
dv79

I've had the same problems, but got my JD back to stable. It's no longer sluggish and doesn't freeze after a few minutes. Mine has been running for hours now.

1. In Finder, select the JD app.
2. Get Info (Command + I)
3. Check "Open in 32-bit mode"

Previously I had disabled all plugins I didn't use, but that didn't resolve the freezing.

I'm on OSX 10.6.8 with a MacPro1.1.

I hope this helps someone.
Old 22.10.2013, 15:11
teopleasehelp

Default "Please remove Jdownload to trash" HELP!

Hello , I am a big fan of Jdownloader. In the years that I use it I have never encountered a single problem until this fateful day

Ok so Yesterday I updated jdownloader (774 updates) and after that I saw that Jdownloader lagged and was really slow or I had to force quit.

After multiple efforts I decided to move the app to the trash ( I am using OSX mountain lion) and re install it . BUT when I try to reinstall it it give me this message :

"Jdownloader is damaged and cant be opened . You should move it to the Trash "

I would be grateful if someone can help me asap :D

Take care guys and thanks in advance
Old 22.10.2013, 15:53
teopleasehelp

I am sorry I opened a new thread abut it : here was my initial post :

"Hello , I am a big fan of Jdownloader. In the years that I use it I have never encountered a single problem until this fateful day

Ok so Yesterday I updated jdownloader (774 updates) and after that I saw that Jdownloader lagged and was really slow or I had to force quit.

After multiple efforts I decided to move the app to the trash ( I am using OSX mountain lion) and re install it . BUT when I try to reinstall it it give me this message :

"Jdownloader is damaged and cant be opened . You should move it to the Trash ""

I tried to Do what reztoki said but it didnt help me much. ( opened the jdupdate.jar and updated the file ) but again I am acomplete noob when it comes to these

Could someone please post step by step what needs to be done in order to fix this. Appreciated !
Old 22.10.2013, 17:39
English Supporter

Appwork believes they have isolated the main underlying issue! It's due to multiple factors, but the primary one is Java 1.6 not having enough permgen allocation and with stable not removing dead plugins the plugin list has been growing for 4+ years. They are working on a solution.

Old 22.10.2013, 18:39
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Appwork believes they have isolated the main underlying issue! It's due to multiple factors, but the primary one is Java 1.6 not having enough permgen allocation and with stable not removing dead plugins the plugin list has been growing for 4+ years. They are working on a solution.
I hope that's right. I upgraded to Java 1.7 due to this problem and the program still freezes up.
Old 22.10.2013, 18:40
English Supporter

FIXED

Information within http://board.jdownloader.org/announcement.php?a=27

So those that have blocked there JD updates or what ever, you will need to revert the trickery.

run jdupdate.jar

please give feedback.

raztoki

Last edited by raztoki; 22.10.2013 at 19:02.
Old 22.10.2013, 20:19
teopleasehelp

@Echo since I cannot respond through pm :

Echo thanks for your advice. The thing is I cannot even the steps that you did. When I try to open the jdownloader it say "Jdownloader is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash". anyway I followed your advice and redownloaded jdownloader but when I try to open the .dmg file it say also "Jdowloader Installer is damaged and cant be opened. You should eject the disk image .

So I cannot do anything. . .Pretty frustrating for me since I have paid uploaded.net subscription and I dont have a download manager

@Raztoki, thank you for your advice. I did what you said but when it finishes the update it just opens jdownloader and you cannot do anything. It doesnt even appear to be an open application on the menu bar cause the jdownloader on my menu bar isnt open (little dot below it that shows when an app is open). So when I click the Jdownloader from the menu bar it gives me the same error . . .

Last edited by raztoki; 22.10.2013 at 20:47. Reason: mege double post
Old 22.10.2013, 20:51
English Supporter

@teopleasehelp

Jiaz indicated that you need to make sure you have the right dmg, and recommend that you goto our download page and download one that meets your system requirement. Update, and see how you go.