JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.03.2017, 19:29
JD Adviser

Default Why won't Datafile.com stay connected?

After years of no-trouble use of JDownloader2 and DataFile, suddenly JD2 frequently disconnects from my paid subscription to DataFile and won't reconnect. On the settings>account manager, my DataFile often has the yellow bar and says "can't check account". If I un-check the active box and re-check it four or six times, [I]sometimes[I] it will reconnect. I would say about 50% of the time it will reconnect. The other times, I need to wait a while before attempting reconnect.

And of course, the links themselves say "account is missing", so there is no retry effort. So I lose a whole night (or whatever) of downloading.

If I go to the downloads queue and pull the URL off any link (during the time JD2 is refusing to connect to DataFile) and go to the DataFile website, the links start right up in my browser and download to completion.

So of course, when I complain to DataFile tech support, they say its a JD2 problem.

Can anyone help?

submitted log

17.03.17 21.19.02 <--> 18.03.17 11.32.50 jdlog://8855779150841/

Lost another night of downloading. DataFile kicked off after about 20gb and never reconnected. As soon as I manually reconnect, I'm back on again. Submitted second later log.

17.03.17 21.19.02 <--> 19.03.17 11.07.34 jdlog://6818779150841/

Last edited by Sac John; 20.03.2017 at 00:08.
Old 21.03.2017, 03:20
English Supporter

Your JD had connection problems with their API server:
-> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
Old 21.03.2017, 18:10
JD Adviser

Can anything be done? I've been disconnected and had to manually reconnect three times in the last four hours. Would not be a problem if JD2 reconnected after a few minutes, but it gives up too easily. Is there anything I can do to keep the connection going?

Right this minute, I'm again repeatedly unclicking and reclicking the connection on the account manager page.
Old 21.03.2017, 18:13
Community Manager

Maybe via an EventScripter script.

GreeZ psp

If your connection is bad:
Fix it

If the datafile servers are slow / time out:
They (datafile.com) should fix this!

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 21.03.2017, 18:20
JD Manager

Maybe they ban/block the IP because of too much traffic?
Old 21.03.2017, 18:20
JD Adviser

Thanks for the reply, psp.

I am not aware of any problems with my connections. Other hosts and even the occasional connection made straight out of my browser stays connected for hours without a problem.

And the main thing I see is that, when JD2 isn't working nicely with DataFile, I can pull a URL off the link queue, take it to my browser, and it connects perfectly and stays connected until completion. Of course, then I have to babysit the downloads as, right now, I have 2,000 files to download - and babysitting isn't a good use of my time.

DataFile swears it's a JD2 problem. I'm hearing you say, "If datafile servers are slow, they should fix this."

What am I to do?

(You also wrote, "Maybe via an EventScripter script." I have no idea what that is. Is that really the solution to my problem? Should I invest a bunch of time into learning what that means and putting it together?)
Old 21.03.2017, 18:24
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Maybe they ban/block the IP because of too much traffic?
I asked about this a while back because I assumed the problem was with DataFile - so I contacted them to complain and ask for help. DataFile is unique among hosts because they do not have a daily limit. They sell you 1TB for 30 days or 4 TB for 90 days, etc, and then you are free to download as much and as fast as you wish. Theoretically, if you could download 4TB in a week, they would let you because once you're 4TB are used up, they know you'll buy more. There are no daily limits with these people.

And again, when JD2 and DataFile are not working together, I can still download my links outside of JD2 directly in my browser without any troubles. I think that's evidence that I have not been banned or blocked, no?

Last edited by Sac John; 21.03.2017 at 18:31.
Old 24.03.2017, 13:02
lifetalk

Datafile often activates DDoS protection with their hosting provider; this requires each IP address that hasn't been 'authenticated' on their provider within the last 1 hour to be re-authenticated.

This is usually transparent when you do it in a browser, since the auth process is a javascript based redirect that browsers handle seamlessly. But JD2 may not always handle this in the manner you expect. And even if they do, Datafile's DDoS protection system will often block IPs for no reason whatsoever.
Old 24.03.2017, 13:13
English Supporter

JD has datafile antiddos support for the website, it also auto scrapes account info every 30mins~ so it should never be outside of that. Only time that wouldn't be the case is if the user resets their IP.

Ive never see the ddos stuff on there API though.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]