JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 23.02.2024, 01:35
Modem User

Post Alternative to the MyJDownloader API?

Hi there!

I want to automate some processes where I would use JDownloader's impressive downloading-skills. For this I kinda need to automate giving JD links, starting downloads and when finished notifying the program so that i can process the result.

I know the MyJDownloader API is quite sophisticated and offers quite a lot of features.
But honestly as being a bit paranoid I'm not too comfortable using external servers and would love to have a more local solution (MyJDownloader's Direct Connection does not count btw, still to paranoid). Is there a feasible alternative to MyJDownloader?

Thanks for reading.
Old 23.02.2024, 13:16
JD Manager

@PizzaBote2.4:
You could make use of direct connections so your connections don't make use of the proxy/relay server but you already said that does not count, so you can make use of deprecated api.
Enable Settings->Advanced Settings-> RemoteAPI.deprecatedapienabled
That way you can reach/use the same api as MyJDownloader does, just without MyJDownloader authentication/encryption/at all under port RemoteAPI.deprecatedapiport (default 3128). Deprecated api doesn't provide any authentication/encryption, so it's up to you to provide that functionality with help of reverse proxy setup in case you need to access the api remotely.

In case you need more help/got questions, just ask.