JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.08.2010, 15:34
PrPrO

Default Jdownloader speed isn't constant

Hy, i have Jdownloader 3 and downloading speed isn't constant
From 0 it grows to 470KB/s, then to 70KB/s, grows back to 470KB/s and again down to 70KB/s, and it does that non-stop
I included the picture, see upper right corner

Please help me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jdownloader.jpg (101.2 KB, 461 views)

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.08.2010 at 13:38.
Old 13.08.2010, 21:16
RockinJD

Not sure what Jdownloader 3 is.. However

That behavior could be normal. It goes at max (4mb/s) until the end of the 200MB file, then has to handshake, and start over again.

Install a Bandwidth meter on your PC, and download some files in your browser, I can almost guarantee it is doing the same thing with the browser. Firefox and IE average the throughput, and don't display it realtime.

RockinJD
Old 13.08.2010, 21:49
Statherian

this looks like its something wrong with you internet connection or hardware/software
not programs like JD or a web browser
Old 13.08.2010, 22:21
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Wrong forum: moved --> General Bugreport.
Please read the General Bugreport Rules and the Self Help Index.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 14.08.2010, 10:35
PrPrO

Hy, thank you for your replys but, 1 day ago, i downloaded from hotfile and it was a constant 480KB/s, and now i download from rapidshare, could it bw the host? You saw the attachment
Old 14.08.2010, 10:41
remi

It depends on the host. RS for instance shows this type of behaviour for freeloaders. It sends data, then it pauses, it sends data, it pauses, etc.
Old 18.08.2010, 13:38
JD Manager

next jdownloader version will have another average calculation. greetings
jiaz
Old 19.11.2010, 05:04
maniyac

No, that is not the solution.
That type of behavior is only happening with RS and jD combination. Other file hosters work fine with jD, and other downloader programs and browsers work fine with RS.

Please help.

M
Old 19.11.2010, 08:22
JD English Support (inactive)

Please re-read remi's message.

RS servers provide data in small amounts for free users. They do this by providing some data, waiting a while, and repeating.

JD reports what is actually happening. Most other programs hide this by averaging over a long period of time and report inaccurate information.
Old 19.11.2010, 20:25
maniyac

Real speed is MUCH bigger with other download programs, and also download time is MUCH shorter with other download programs, when downloading from RapidShare.
As I said, "... ...and other downloader programs and browsers work fine with RapidShare."

M
Old 20.11.2010, 07:11
JD English Support (inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjs
Rapidshare is only downloading in the parts of the graph where the speed is low. During the high parts there is no traffic at all (file size doesn't increase and windows network icon shows no increase in received packages). The plugin seems to hang while keeping reporting the same high value (the graph is perfectly constant (= weird on the internet)). Downloading from rapidshare takes hours like this.
Free download from only rapidshare does not show constant downloads when you look at an accurate speedometer, such as that in JD.

The file size is only adjusted when the buffer is full or the file is completed. The buffer is at least 0.5MiB. Processing download packets has priority over saving to disk, which has priority over display updates, so you might only see changes between download bursts. When you never see updates during download, it could be a symptom that your computer is overloaded (a possible fix is increasing the priority of the java or javaw task).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniyac
Real speed is MUCH bigger with other download programs, and also download time is MUCH shorter with other download programs, when downloading from RapidShare.
As I said, "... ...and other downloader programs and browsers work fine with RapidShare."
JDownloader is at least as fast as other downloaders. However, if your system lacks sufficient resources, then JDownloader will not be able to work as quickly.

The most common problem (in Windows) that causes slow download in JDownloader is over-eager security software. Using Java or most security software with Windows version 6.x (Vista or "7") requires installation of a patch from Microsoft that they have not put into Automatic Updates or SP1.
Please see General Discussion -> Self Help Index for both of these problems.

Because of the increased capabilities, JDownloader takes more computing time and RAM than most other downloaders. The next release will be greatly improved in both computing time and RAM use. Future planned changes will greatly decrease RAM use and computing time.

If you are using Windows, the "Commit Charge" should not greatly exceed "Physical Memory". The average CPU time while programs are running should not exceed 90%, or the OS may not be able to complete all tasks.
Old 20.11.2010, 12:47
gjs

Default Viewed with a better speedometer

As you can see in the picture JD is only downloading in the low parts of the JD graph. This behavior only occurs with the RS plugin, so I doubt it is a problem with my machine.

(sorry for the private message; I thought the topic was closed, but I still had to activate my account)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed.jpg (87.4 KB, 338 views)
Old 20.11.2010, 13:05
remi

No, this behaviour is typical for RS as I wrote in post #6.

Are you Having speed issues? read this!
Old 20.11.2010, 14:36
gjs

Even if it is typical behavior, then still the graph is wrong. There is no traffic during the constant high parts. The plugin may be waiting for RS while it keeps reporting the same old invalid value.

I know something like this was common for RS, but not with wait periods of 10s of seconds. If there is no error (besides the graph issue) than the guys from RS really have degraded their free service lately. We now also have to wait 4 times longer before the download starts.
Old 20.11.2010, 18:50
maniyac

@drbits

It's not problem with computer or resources, it happens on ANY computer and with ANY firewall/AV.

jD from RS, 100MB file, looong time to finish.
ANY download method from RS, 100MB file, under 5mins to finish.

M

EDIT: @4Mbps connection.
Old 20.11.2010, 20:03
gjs

Default Solution?

For me this problem disappeared this afternoon. Now I'm able to download at full speed without any pauses. I don't know if it is related but the only difference with this morning is that I installed the patch found here:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...5&postcount=15
Old 26.11.2010, 23:50
gjs

Default No, not solved

The problem is back. Weird enough it is again a Friday. I guess it is done by RS. It is commonly known that Friday is the day to download stuff.

(but then still the JD graph is wrong)
Old 27.11.2010, 13:06
remi

Then I recommend not to look at the speed graph on Fridays. I think this should be a small effort.

Note that I never use it.