JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 04.09.2010, 11:45
remi

Cool

I think if jD would use something like a P2P protocol, the system I described might not need a powerful server.

A central server would be very costly and jdownloader.org is an organisation of volunteers.
Old 04.09.2010, 13:30
willemijns

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
What do you think guys or did I steal someone's idea?
no, this idea is fair enough.
Old 05.09.2010, 09:34
JD English Support (inactive)

A few general comments:
1) JDownloader.org cannot provide a server for dealing with Captchas. This includes hosting a p2p user list, processing data, forwarding data, or storing a representation of solved Captchas. Reasons are more than financial.
2) Anybody is welcome to write an addon that communicates with AntiCaptcha servers. Please make it general.
3) The AntiCaptchas that are most successful in JD are those that do not change frequently and are not specifically targeted at breaking JD and similar programs. If Google were only interested in elimination of spam, they would not react the way they do to our forums.
4) There are several problems related to AntiCaptcha that should also be considered in this discussion, including using multiple copies of JD on a computer, using mobile devices to view and respond to a captcha, and filling in the AntiCaptcha list for more hosts. For example, using multiple copies of JD concurrently means that any HTTP interface needs a separate port for each copy.
5) If somebody is going to produce a new AntiCaptcha, it does not have to communicate the entire JPEG, the JAC routines within JD can be used by the addon to reduce the data. In fact, the best approach may be to improve the filtering to eliminate things like big dots or white on black text, and then communicate a hash of what is left.
6) reCaptcha currently still uses only 2-value pixels. Changing to gray instead of black and white, adding color, adding different kinds of obfuscation all multiply the problems. Writing a solution for JD is unlikely to be productive. Using a more global service is probably better.
Old 08.09.2010, 00:20
drksn

Default Wann sind Captchas bei Hotfile deaktiviert?

Hallo,

hab schon gesucht aber nix gefunden. Weiss einer zufällig, ob Hotfile ein System hinter den Captchas hat, wann sie diese an oder ausmachen oder ist das immer zufällig? Haben vlt die Perioden eine feste Länge oder sowas in der Art?

Danke und Schönen Gruß

Last edited by Jiaz; 08.09.2010 at 11:07.
Old 08.09.2010, 00:31
BW Z06

Bitte einmal folgende Seite im Forum besuchen: Klick

Es ist jedoch ein internationaler/englischer Thread "Why don't hotfile, freakshare, and many others using "reCaptcha" have automatic Captcha recognition?"

Momentan ist es weder möglich die reCaptcha-Methode zu umgehen noch das Captcha von Hotfile und Co. automatisch vom jD erkennen zu lassen. Es sieht momentan auch eher schlecht aus, reCaptcha in die Knie zu zwingen;)

MfG
BW Z06
Old 08.09.2010, 12:14
willemijns

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Google has added at least one new obfuscation method in the past two days (White on Black with little or no border).
a good reason to do not waste time on recaptcha hacks:whistling::angel::angel::thumbup:
Old 08.09.2010, 12:33
remi

They do that on a regular basis. Every complication will make Houck's algorithms more robust until no human will be able to read them and only his algorithms will.

The same happened in many other domains. Computers are overtaking humans in almost all domains of human "intelligent" activity.
Old 09.09.2010, 13:56
arara

Default inter-user reCaptcha typing (for when we are away)

Consider creating three modes for reCapcha (or any unOCRable text) typing:

1. "normal", as JD works now: the capcha comes, I type it

2. "bring them all": I type my capchas as usual and also those of other downloaders. For that I gain credits.

3. "away": JD sends my captchas to users in the "bring them all" mode, spending my credits.

This would need a pool server to mediate the captcha transfer and keeping track of the credits, which may not be easy to implement, but the result would probably please many people

Last edited by Jiaz; 09.09.2010 at 18:30.
Old 09.09.2010, 14:14
remi

Brilliant idea. See also "jD's customers could also solve each other's captchas".
Old 09.09.2010, 16:05
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

And who will pay the server costs? The devs are already paying enough. They don't gain anything at all.
I'd reject it...
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 09.09.2010, 18:29
JD Manager

at the moment we are busy enough with life and jd and work. who knows what future might bring
Old 10.09.2010, 11:53
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think3r View Post
And who will pay the server costs? The devs are already paying enough. They don't gain anything at all.
I'd reject it...
Greetz
Buongiorno Think3r!

Where did I write that a central server would have to manage all the traffic or processing? I haven't said how it would have to be implemented. I only suggested something like P2P in the other thread.

Another example is TOR. It isn't running on a central server neither. I prefer completely distributed architectures.
Old 10.09.2010, 14:55
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

@remi: You didn't but arara did.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 10.09.2010, 18:57
DeathByNukes

Default DeCaptcher Support

I know this has already been requested, but I'd like to add more information.

DeCaptcher (.com) is a site where you can pay to have your CAPTCHAs solved by humans.
Quote:
You pay for correctly recognized CAPTCHAs only
The price is $2 for 1000 CAPTCHAs. We accept payments from $10.
They provide libraries in many languages, including Java, and an HTTP API.
Here's a link to the Java library: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If you implement support, you have the option as an affiliate to charge extra money per CAPTCHA to get some revenue from this.

By registering a (free) account on the site you can get access to more information and documentation which isn't available on the front page.

I think this would be a great feature for people who download files from many hosts and can't afford to pay for premium on all of them.

Edit:
Why was my thread moved into this one? It is not about recaptcha!

Last edited by DeathByNukes; 10.09.2010 at 20:02.
Old 10.09.2010, 19:13
willemijns

2$ per 1000 captchas ! solved by humans ! sic ! i think salary for these poors ppl was a little higher than this amount...
Old 10.09.2010, 20:13
DeathByNukes

Default DeCaptcher Support

-snip-

Last edited by DeathByNukes; 12.09.2010 at 20:47.
Old 11.09.2010, 02:01

Default How to do Captcha P2P with little server time.

Every P2P technique requires a method to find a starter list of peers.

In distributed P2P, each user has a list of peers. This contains all of that user's peers (with some removed because they are old). Each time a user's computer contacts a peer, it asks for the answer. If the answer is not available, then the peers list is requested and added to the end of the user's accumulated list of peers (after removing duplicates).

As with all P2P, a specific port must be opened in the firewall. Each time a peer list is requested, the request includes the requesting computer's IP:port. There would usually be a limit to the number of peers transferred (maybe 100 or those connected within X hours). Port 9666 could be used if a password is required for most actions, but not P2P.

The Captcha challenges could be hashed (possibly with CRC32) and the answer communicated back in a simple encoding (such as that used in MIME).

The problem with this approach is that it can require many thousands of requests before the answer is found, if it is ever found (this could be the first presentation of the challenge). This search would have to work concurrently with the presentation of the challenge to the user (a user answer aborts the search).

The central list is only necessary occasionally. The user's computer would save the old peer list and use the peers discovered within Y hours. It would be necessary for all new users. The list should not be distributed inside the installation Zip.

This is based on DHT, and related protocols.

Update about the central list - A fully distributed approach.

If a few users upload their peer list daily, that would work and not require a tracker (it would be a distributed tracker). This could be a folder containing a file for each region, stored on two hosts (perhaps MU and HF or Uploading.to or Megashares.com). Using HF would currently work, because the files are small. If any money is earned, it would go toward supporting the jdownloader.org servers.

The list is just a list of hostname:port or preferably IPaddr:port. For IPv4, the IPaddr could be a single integer. If the numbers are hexadecimal encoded, it would look like a debugger file.

Last edited by drbits; 12.09.2010 at 06:28.
Old 11.09.2010, 06:17

@ DeathByNukes,

Your message was moved, because this is where this kind of service is being discussed. Except for those sites using reCaptcha, JD has a working anti-Captcha plugin for the most common sites.

We do not allow commercial advertising in the forum, and most users cannot see your link
"hxxp://www.decaptcher.com/client/downloader/?i=18".
Any proposal you have should be emailed to support@jdownloader.org
Any future advertising will most likely result in your being banned from the forum.

I believe that there is a policy at JDownloader.org against any contract between JDownloader.org and any anti-Captcha company. No such software will be allowed to run on the JDownloader.org servers. What has been proposed is a generic API for requesting answers when JD cannot solve the Captcha.

@ willemijns,
The idea (for the most part) is to build a database of Captcha challenges and answers. People are only involved when the challenge is not in the database. Of course, there is code to solve some of the Captchas, just as JD contains such code. The pay is quite good in some places in the world (5 EU/day goes a long way in some places).

Last edited by drbits; 11.09.2010 at 06:20.
Old 11.09.2010, 07:15
DeathByNukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Your message was moved, because this is where this kind of service is being discussed. Except for those sites using reCaptcha, JD has a working anti-Captcha plugin for the most common sites.

We do not allow commercial advertising in the forum, and most users cannot see your link
"hxxp://www.decaptcher.com/client/downloader/?i=18".
Any proposal you have should be emailed to support@jdownloader.org
Any future advertising will most likely result in your being banned from the forum.

I believe that there is a policy at JDownloader.org against any contract between JDownloader.org and any anti-Captcha company. No such software will be allowed to run on the JDownloader.org servers. What has been proposed is a generic API for requesting answers when JD cannot solve the Captcha.
I'm not an advertiser. Do you really think a spam linker would have unchecked the "Automatically parse links in text" option? That link is a hotlink to a file that you would otherwise have to register and log in to see.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. I'm requesting support for the API in JDownloader so that I and others can enter our DeCaptcher user/pass and have it solve our CAPTCHAs by submitting it to our accounts, which we paid into.
Old 11.09.2010, 07:56
willemijns

@drbits ok i understand they are not compatible with recaptcha, i was afraid of this...

@drbits/deathbynukes i was surprising too to see this moved subject here too... maybe a
new specific thread about JD captcha API ?
Closed Thread