JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.07.2013, 14:26
JD Adviser

Default some minor glitches

hi!

first of all, i would like to thank you for JD 2 Beta! i was using an old version of the program and the loading time with beta is very fast comparing to the old version.

i've found some minor glitches on my fresh installation and i would like to report them.

first, would it be possible to choose the default language for jd within installation? installer just assumed i want to use my OS language (czech), but i wanted to use english, so i had to change it manually. would it be possible to add language settings in the next installer?

also, i unchecked tray and desktop icons in advanced installation options, but they were created anyway...

now, since the initial jd language was czech, even after i changed it to english, some things still remained in czech language. when i find more, i'll let you know. for now i just found two places, take a look at the screenshots:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

the next thing i found, was the weird sorting by ETA (downloading 5 files within 1 package):
as you can see, the file with 1h+ is not last, no idea why. also, the last row (42m:52s) was used in the tray tooltip for remaining time, which is also wrong. there should be the 1h+ time as well.

the last thing i found is the confusing sorting behavior on 3 columns: "name", "ETA" and "speed". when i sort in ascending order (the arrow pointing to the top), the order is in opposite direction. you can see it also on the screenshot above, the arrow is pointing down (descending), but the times are from lowest to highest (either the times or arrow pointing should be the opposite way). i tested not only for files within the package, but also for more packages and the sorting for these 3 columns is in the opposite direction. not 100% sure about multiple packages in ETA column, haven't tested this one much yet.

so, that's all for now, these glitches are minor issue, but i've noticed them quite early and for me they're quite annoying.

thanks again for the great work of JD 2, it's very good so far!
Old 04.07.2013, 21:29
Community Manager

Hi
1.Ticket:

2.Language stuff is done by our community so thats not up to us^^
3.Sort stuff:
Ticket:

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.07.2013, 00:50
JD Adviser

thanks for the reply!

about the buggy ETA, the values weren't changing much since it's been downloading from the same host and i watched them closely. as you can see, the 1:55 was also on the package header, it should be in the tray as well, but it weren't (there were 42:52).

also, i have found that the 2 things that remained in czech language were the default rules, so i removed them and added them again, and they are in english now. so basically the default rules won't be translated if you switch to another language.

thanks for the tickets, too.

Last edited by culinko; 05.07.2013 at 00:54.