JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 28.05.2016, 08:11
Baby Loader

Angry Download files "invisible"

When I download files (RAR, CBR, CBZ), they don't show up in the download directory.
JDownloader sees them but nothing else does (using Windows-7 * JDownloader 2).
I can run them from JDownloader (R-click -> Open File) and they are displayed ok.
From JDownloader, I can copy them to another directory but they don't display there in the file manager either.
HTF do I get them to display in the download manager ?
No problem with downloads through the browser or using IDM.
If I download it again through IDM, it completes ok without a "_2" added to the end so IDM doesn't see the existing file either and, presumably, Windows allows 2 files with the same name can co-exist in the same directory !!!!! But displaying the contents of the directipory from within JDownloader does not display the same-name file just downloaded via IDM but if I change to filetype from cbz to zip, then it displays in JDownloader.

JDownloader seems to be hiding them.
Using Directory Opus as a file manager gives the same result. It doesn't count them as hidden files (probably because it doesn't know they are there).

Thanks for help.

JDownloader display :
(note: DO display.jpg is the saved File Manager display, below next)

File Manager display :

Last edited by Restless; 28.05.2016 at 09:05.
Old 28.05.2016, 16:44
Baby Loader

No help, eh?
No matter.
I just uninstalled it and sent it to hell.
You get what you pay for... and this is free.
I'll stick with a real downloader.

Thanks anyway.
:)
Old 29.05.2016, 10:41
JD Manager

I'm sorry but what do you expect from us? JDownloader simply stores the files on your disk/filesystem. How should we know why your Filemanager does not show files. My guess is that your filemanager hides sparse files, which JDownloader uses

And please do not forget that you are using JDownloader for free AND more important, it is weekend!
Old 08.02.2021, 21:26
Modem User

Default same problem - downloaded files invisible

hello there, I am experiencing the same problem for some reason:
Win10, JDownloader 2,
downloaded files are invisible in Win explorer for reasons unbeknownst

I downloaded a series of clips i. e. mousetrap_intro.mp4, mousetrap_an evening.mp4, moustetrap_everymorning.mp4, mousetrap_end.mp4 as well as a number of unrelated mp4 files. they all should be in the download folder.
I can access each file individually by clicking on it from within jdownloader

if, however, I open the download folder in win explorer not a single file downloaded with jdownloader will show
if I enter the known name of a file in the search it yields no results

apparently you can trick explorer into displaying the downloads by selecting more than one download, right-clicking open source, the download folder will now show one of the previously selected files
if you move up one level the in the directory explorer will now display all the downloaded files as it should in the first place

any ideas of why this would be happening and how to fix this?
Old 09.02.2021, 14:38
Community Manager

Sounds very strange!
Is the path that JD opens really 100% the path that you can see in JD?
Did you check if maybe, for whatever reasons these files got flagged as "invisible" (enable displaying unvisible files in your OS settings)?

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 12.02.2021, 07:13
Modem User

Default path correct - view download files via Win fast access only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Sounds very strange!
Is the path that JD opens really 100% the path that you can see in JD?
Did you check if maybe, for whatever reasons these files got flagged as "invisible" (enable displaying unvisible files in your OS settings)?

Please post **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... | bitte poste **External links are only visible to Support Staff**....

-psp-
Hi there, sorry I missed your reply
- the download path is set to C:\Users\MyName\Downloads
jdownloader's tab 'downloads' shows this as path in the relevant column
on right-clicking the path of an individual file I can choose to open the directory where it is stored
windows explorer then displays the file via the fast access function, when I right-click on the file name and go to properties it tells me the correct path: C:\Users\MyName\Downloads
When I access the directory 'Downloads' not a single download is to be seen. (display hidden files enabled) nor does a search of the directory yield any results.
Same if you click 'fast access': it will not display or find downloads from jdownloader, despite proudly presenting a download as described above when right-clicking from within jdownloader.
you could have forgotten downloads cluttering your drive - and generally it is not great to work with, even with the workaround described in my previous post: selecting 2 or more files from within the downloader tab in jdownloader and accessing the directory from there moving up one level - it is then that the path C:\Users\MyName\Downloads opens and displays all the downloads - well some, at least. Cannot be sure about all
however, if for some reason Window's fast access function won't display them (older downloads?) you have no way of knowing the files are there, as they are not being detected.

Tried to change settings, and fast access has annoyed me before, but even if I could manage to remove it I do not dare now because it is the only way to access the downloaded (invisible) files
I have saved (some) files to an external drive, but am not too happy with the situation

sorry for the length of the description, just wanted to make sure I explained everything, or so I hope
any ideas or suggestions?
ta in advance

Last edited by downlotte; 12.02.2021 at 07:16.
Old 12.02.2021, 14:30
Community Manager

This must be either an operator error or an issue with your OS.

-psp-
EDIT

What happens if you copy the ownload path you can see in JD, paste it in the path field in windows explorer and hit enter?
Does the shortcut to your "downloads" folder maybe go to a different folder than the one you've chosen in JD?

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 12.02.2021 at 15:40.