JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.08.2017, 23:42
JD Fan

Default randomly breaks the download link until it's reset

Since a few weeks or so (I wish I could be more specific; thought it would fix itself soon, looks like it won't), JD2 seems to randomly (-> not reproducibly) break videos.

Behaviour:
- Copy video link into clipboard
- Link gets analyzed by JD2 through clipboard observer
- Link gets added to link collector within my set plugin preferences (only 720p videos in .mp4 or .webm)
- Link shows full, normal properties -> shows as online, shows file size, normal name etc.
- I send the link to the download section by adding and then starting manually, or adding and starting immediately depending on which option the right-click menu shows me (please someone explain how JD2 decides which to show me?)
- Link either starts to download as it should or, randomly, does not, showing a plugin error - independent from the properties of the video, as far as I can see
- If plugin error is shown: Right-click -> More -> Reset
- Link downloads normally now according to the properties set at the start.

This only seems to happen with new videos I grab from my sub box (as in, uploaded within the last few hours); I don't think I ever saw this happen when adding links from older videos. It's not entirely dependent from the time though; if I add multiple links at once that got uploaded in any order (just both within the last few hours), it can affect all, some, or no links.

It looks totally random to me; probably has something to do with host, but considering that it always works once I reset the link and the chosen properties don't change (and it shows everything normally until I try to start the download), this is likely a problem on JD2's side.

Log: 23.08.17 20.27.06 <--> 23.08.17 22.05.29 jdlog://3941414015941/ (includes at least two instances of this)

Example links: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - These worked as they should when trying again a few seconds ago while they didn't before I started this report, so either enough time passed already or it's not reproducible even with specific videos.

Specs:

Core: #37673
Launcher: #4018
AppWork Utilities: #2963
Browser: #37625
Updater: #617

Java: 1.8.0_141
macOS 10.12.6
MacBook Pro 2011
Firewall: Little Snitch 4.0.1 (legal license; full access for JD2 and everything else as well for that matter, I have no rules restricting any access for anything at the moment)

JD2 is not linked to my account, but none of the videos I have problems with are private or unlisted.

I don't seem to be able to find the version of my plugin as suggested in the HowTo bug-report (which was admittedly written for JD1) - I guess that's not a thing anymore? If it still is, tell me how to find it and I'll look it up.

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.08.2017 at 11:52.
Old 24.08.2017, 11:51
JD Manager

Issue is known and random. We yet have to check/find the cause of this