JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.12.2009, 22:02
mashima

Default simultaneous packages downloading from the same server

Hi. I would like to have a way to enable simultaneous packages from the same server, in addition to the current setting that only allows you to set the maximum simultaneous download as single links.

Let's say we have several packages with about 10 links each, and a big package with more than 100 heavy links (an HD movie p.e.), all of them from the same server. I would like to keep the download of the big one in progress while I go getting all the smaller at the same time. But, by now, if you set 2 as maximum downloads from the same server, then 2 links will be active at the same time, but both from the same package (the topper in list or higher in priority), and the next package will start only when the previous one get finished. So, if the HD movie is the first, you'll need either to wait such a long download before to get any other package, or stay juggling the priorities and list positions all the time.

I think this could be solved in two ways: First, you simply create a setting for the maximum simultaneous active packages from the same server, then (way 1) every active package has as many active downloads as said in the "maximum simult. downloads from the same server" setting, or (way 2) every active package shares that quota of "maximum simult. downloads from the same server"

Even another approach: you first set a max. sim. DL per server and then limit a max. sim. DL per package. In our example you could set "2" as maximum DL per server, and "1" as maximum DL per package, then, the big package would start with 1 link at time, and -in the meantime- the other small packages from the same server would go downloading as well in sequence with 1 link at time also.

It could be useful in my opinion, what do u think?
Old 10.12.2009, 14:49
remi

Cool

Your suggestion seems logical but as long as this isn't implemented you can do the following :-

Merge the packages (select the packages and select Move into new package in right click menu) and alternate the links of both download sets by dragging or using the arrow buttons.

Note that by merging packages, the files, that have already been downloaded, aren't moved if you're using different directories.
Old 11.12.2009, 21:32
mashima

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Note that by merging packages, the files, that have already been downloaded, aren't moved if you're using different directories.
Thank u remi. That's true for the already downloaded, but the coming others will be written all in the same folder, so you'll need to sort em later to their own folders. I'll use this manual managing until developers get interested.