JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.02.2011, 21:06
Exci

Default "Https workaround"

Could I have a clarification as to what that ISP block feature offers?
Does it let you download traffic your ISP blocks or what?

What I'm interested in is making encrypted downloads to hide my traffic from my ISP, but if possible without having to pay for double traffic. Does that workaround provide such encryption?

Thanks
Old 04.02.2011, 01:20
JD Manager

even encrypted downloads wont hide your traffic as your isp will still see where that traffic goes
and the block was/is a workaround for iwl filterlist in uk where the transparent proxy blocked the login process.

i dont know any hoster that offers ssl downloads exept rapidshare(pay double traffic).
Old 04.02.2011, 01:23
Exci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
even encrypted downloads wont hide your traffic as your isp will still see where that traffic goes
and the block was/is a workaround for iwl filterlist in uk where the transparent proxy blocked the login process.

i dont know any hoster that offers ssl downloads exept rapidshare(pay double traffic).
I'm using rapidshare indeed. So even SSL downloads won't properly hide traffic details such as what files and file names i'm downloading?
Old 04.02.2011, 11:17
remi

Quote:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is a combination of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol with the SSL/TLS protocol to provide encrypted communication and secure identification of a network web server. HTTPS connections are often used for payment transactions on the World Wide Web and for sensitive transactions in corporate information systems.
Quote:
The main idea of HTTPS is to create a secure channel over an insecure network. This ensures reasonable protection from eavesdroppers and man-in-the-middle attacks, provided that adequate cipher suites are used and that the server certificate is verified and trusted.
(source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure)

I hope you'll understand it.
Old 04.02.2011, 11:58
Exci

I'm aware of what SSL and generally encryption aims to provide, what i'm trying to ask is, will it hide my data from my ISP the same way it hides it from "eavesdroppers" ?
Old 04.02.2011, 12:00
remi

Cool

In the context of this discussion an ISP is just a man-in-the-middle or eavesdropper; whatever you call it. They can't look at the content.
Old 04.02.2011, 12:04
Exci

Alright, so any particular reason I should use the ssl double traffic option in rapidshare instead of the free https workaround? Or do they both take double traffic ?