JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.01.2013, 12:58
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogntudjû View Post
Just a clarification, this thread was not started by Alooka but by stackoverflow. Another proof tricks begin to be an habitude now.
Well, that's really only because a forum moderator must have decided both threads were same issue and merged both.

As Alooka's message is older has becomed the first message of the thread.

But well, the moderator who did that should have quoted your post to clarify he was merging them because now it seems you are lying when you say that thread had not a reply, when you were just saying the truth.

Last edited by soisbasura; 02.01.2013 at 13:06.
Old 02.01.2013, 13:08
JD Legend

Quote:
The real question is not JD & JD2 installs toolbars, the question is JD installs toolbars without the consentement of users by using 'bugs'!
They'll fix the issue but the real problem is if you don't use a startup monitor app you'd always face such issues. I recommend AnVir Task Manager Free, it shows warning for driver, toolbar, service, context menu items etc. and you can delete or disable installation of them forever.

Last edited by tunayx; 02.01.2013 at 13:11.
Old 02.01.2013, 13:12
Community Manager

We don't censor here, just to clarify this.
Everyone in the world can read this thread.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 02.01.2013, 13:50
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
We don't censor here, just to clarify this.
Everyone in the world can read this thread.
First try to introduce confusion is not fair-play and it proves only that someone does not feel very comfortable in his sneakers. And sorry to contradict you but changing the title of the thread "Jdownloader installer contains Malware" to "Jdownloader installer contains Adware" what is it?
Old 02.01.2013, 13:59
Community Manager

I didn't change the title but i think Adware is the correct title as that's what many free programms include.
Malware is a step further.

Now tell me, what can I do to change the thread so it's less "irretating"?
I'll do it, I promise!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.01.2013, 15:07
rrogntudjû

Another useful clarification for those who have not still understood or for those who do not want to understand, the real signification of:

An Adware: a program with a clear installer who respect at the install the choice of users, a program we can remove easily.
A Malware: a program installed with a f....g installer in the background, who tracks users ips and further personal informations to make cash, a program we can't desinstall properly which leaves spies in the bdr!

Personally you are not responsible to this situation i'm sure, so i think you can't help except to give your opinion. When trust is lost it's difficult to make anything anyway.
Old 02.01.2013, 15:37
Community Manager

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adware
Read it!

What do you want by the way?
Make people stop using JD?
They won't, I'm sure and I won't stop supporting it as my hobby...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.01.2013, 17:31
rrogntudjû

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware
Read it!

"What do you want by the way?" ??? strange question
First the truth about "the bug", i'm sure its a lie.
Second the same thing as you, that responsibles stop dishonesty with their installer and give people the complete procedures to uninstall their crap instead of laughing.
Old 02.01.2013, 17:51
Community Manager

1.Let's leave it this way: We cannot say if it's Adware or Malware, it's something between that!

2.*removed by Think3r*
I'm always serious and this time I can only say: I don't know it because this stuff is all handled by the Appwork guys.
Sure I'am in contact with them but i haven't really talked with them about that.
Last time we talked it was about removing the Facemoods stuff but that doesn't matter because I'm pretty sure it'll be replaced by somethng similar.

3.I know I'll talk against a wall but:
Many of those Adware things can't be fully removed by uninstalling them.
Most times you have to do stuff manually and Google to find out how to remove it.

If the tool I've mentioned above, this "AdwCleaner", removes that stuff, I'll make a sticky or add it to a FAQ or even make a forum accouncement so people can find it.
EDIT
I think I'll check that soon, maybe i can do it using Sandboxie but first I need to get all installer versions of JD (different country == different installed with different stuff included).

But most of the people using JD won't find it because only some of those are here in the board so it won't change that much but that's the same for everything we're doing here (FAQs and stuff) so as long as we think it helps, we'll do it.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Think3r; 05.01.2014 at 16:18. Reason: removed wrong statement
Old 02.01.2013, 18:35
rrogntudjû

1) "If someone wants fast cash it makes sense to force the installation of this software or to implement it as "a bug." So it makes sense its a big lie, no need to beat around the bush as coalado & raztoki, they are not more candids than the average nobody can trust sweetcraps.

2) A thread with clear explanations to help people the best possible about all, and to warn people a link to this thread on the download page to avoid what you say at the end, it would be better than nothing i agree totally.
Old 02.01.2013, 18:48
Community Manager

I'm on it.
I'll collect all installer versions and we'll make a thread which contains information about every version and how to remove all that.
A facemoods removal guide can already be found on our wiki:
http://www.jdownloader.org/knowledge...move-facemoods
(Yes i know, no one uses the Wiki anymore because it's old, outdated and awkward.)

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.01.2013, 18:51
soisbasura

Quote:
2.I'm not sure if it's a "lie", however, if someone wants fast cash it makes sense to force the installation of this software or to implement it as "a bug".
One can do fast cash by bank robbery. That doesn't mean it is correct.

This is malware and I don't mind how much this is wanted to be considered adware when it is not. A program that steal personal data and sells it to third parties can't be considered adware at all. It is malware and it is breaking laws for almost all countries around the world.

Of course anyone is free to support whatever he wants to support. Even one can be in favour of bank robberies. Anyone is free to have his own point of view.

I will never support any piece of software spreading all those sorts of crap, being it virus, phishing, or any kind of malware.

The installers recommending other piece of software is nothing new it has been done for years -not even something from this century-, don't know in which terms, collaboration between apps or contracts involving cash. But both the recommend software were legitimate software and your decision to install it or not was always respected.

What have changed is that now the recommended software is malware and doesn't respect the decision of people that doesn't want to install it. If you bear with this unhonest installers, good for you. Go on. But of course people has to know what is happening and I hope as much as posible stop supporting any sotfware with this unhonest policy.

In my case I do, I stop using it. This is not just the first free app that I stop using for that reason.
Old 02.01.2013, 19:00
Community Manager

@soisbasura
I'm sorry but i never said that i support this kind of making money.

As said, we'll at least make such an information thread.
My opinion is also based on the fact that I'm no casual user.
Whenever I install anything (also JD) I'm always watching out for adware crap and i always untick the installation (yes i know that this one JD installer installs it anyways).
Also, I've never used the installer for JDownloader which is why I didn't have to deal with the adware stuff.

We'll see what Appwork does this year and we'll see if they change the installer behaviour.
I won't and can't make any promises other than, as long I'm a supporter in this forum, I will do my best to help those who mistakenly installer the crap.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 02.01.2013, 20:05
soisbasura

I have run the installer just to have a look again. And it seems it actually give the option to don't install the malware. The problem is that they designed the UI on purpose to cheat people on thinking they are disabling the app installation when they are not.

They have added two checkboxes that are only related to two features of the app (show disabling those checkboxes only disables those features), then at the bottom they added two buttons a decline in a dismiss look&feel where you will normally find a previous button at the left and an agree to the right where you expect to find a next button. Obviously almost 100% of people are going to click agree thinking they are chosing to continue with the jdownloader installation without installing the malware app.

It is a conscious cheat (though I suppose someone is going to deny it is). Anyway I wanted to clarify it is not true when I say it doesn't give the option to chose not installing the app.

Anyway recommending a malware is not honest nor the way in which the installer is designed to cheat users.

Besides I want to add that at least in my case the uninstall (from windows control panel) of the 4 different apps that malware installs (emoticons for ym and msn, and add-ons for browsers), all of the 4 gave me errors and the uninstall of the add-ons installed active-x on internet explorer. So the malware is not easy to uninstall.

Regards.

Last edited by soisbasura; 02.01.2013 at 20:15.
Old 02.01.2013, 21:15
rrogntudjû

If they have changed something on the installer as you have verify it proves that they are not all in holidays
Old 03.01.2013, 04:57
English Supporter

Quote:
If they have changed something on the installer as you have verify it proves that they are not all in holidays
They came back to work on the 2nd and I brought it up with coalado straight away. They where away on holidays and that was the truth.

Quote:
no need to beat around the bush as coalado & raztoki
I see another dig at me! I was never beating around the bush. Everyone was throwing accusations or personal opinion into the ring, yet I was the only one here giving response during this period, so clearly I'm the bad guy. I was just assisting where possible, all voluntary by the way. Each one of my responses was clear and to the point, and I've done everything I said I would. I was never throwing accusations back at the people who chucked them. I understand some of you are are at least upset/angry, while others are just informing others. Try keeping a level head can assist your request, so much faster than throwing mud/names/accusations when you know little about the situation behind the scenes.

In reference to Alooka post, it was just a statement, it was neither question or something that required a reply. Nor did the user ever come back to the forum in regards to his post (well not yet). Forum mods merge posts and or threads all the time, this thread has been merged numerous times already and most likely will be merged again. It's lovely to see more vivid imaginations in response prior to the merge and after. Quite sure this situation is another doomed if you do help doomed if you don't.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 03.01.2013 at 05:00.
Old 03.01.2013, 07:04
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
So clearly I'm the bad guy. Each one of my responses was clear
Never said you are a bad guy, i just said you play the candid instead to tell what you really think, post 5 "must be some bug within the installer", "must be" is not clear at all, and you knew perfectly it was not a bug i'm wrong or not?

Quote:
so much faster than throwing mud
You think the change just made on the installer like soisbasura said in post 36 is not mud? tricks or bugs in the same boat, not exactly the same i agree but always dishonest.

Quote:
In reference to Alooka post, it was just a statement, it was neither question or something that required a reply.
Alooka post 4: "...I made a thread informing about this and it received no attention".

It receive no attention because you are tired to play the candid that's all.
And finally when you merge posts by respect make this correctly please, thanks.

Edit: I just agree with all threads about the same subject, MALWARE, its not to the moderators or to the developers to take their responsabilities. Now we are sure JD contains virus it's different.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 04.01.2013 at 19:02. Reason: responsabilities, where are you?
Old 03.01.2013, 08:16
Peta Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by soisbasura View Post
I have run the installer just to have a look again. And it seems it actually give the option to don't install the malware.
Which is why I called like. I installed JD without getting any Adware installed.
Old 03.01.2013, 11:20
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus View Post
Which is why I called like. I installed JD without getting any Adware installed.
When did you installed it? Because obviously I installed it lots of times in the past without getting any malware because jDownloader was not using the shit web installer it is using nowadays. That doesn't change anything about the present.

The actual installer has a clear intention on spreading malware, it is handle by unhonest people that has an unhonest way of making money. And jDownloader is not the only free software that has made an agreement with those unhonest people in charge of the installer. like is denying that.

As for now, jDownloader continues being a malware spreader and will continue being while using that shit installer that spread malware. The recommended sotware those unhonest people add to their installer change from time to time and sometimes the malware they spread is more dangerous sometimes less dangerous but be very careful.

And as I said before and I repeat now, no matter even if the installer gives the option to not install the malware -hiding it as much as they can I suppose just to try to make parties on the agreement happy-, as soon as it is recommending malware it is malware itself. And by using the installer jDownloader becomes a collaborator, accomplice on spreading malware.

Last edited by soisbasura; 03.01.2013 at 11:23.
Old 03.01.2013, 12:18
English Supporter

Quote:
Never said you are a bad guy, i just said you play the candid instead to tell what you really think, post 5 "must be some bug within the installer", "must be" is not clear at all, and you knew perfectly it was not a bug i'm wrong or not?
I haven't use the installers for JD for many years (I either run from IDE, or compile my own version). So I did not have first hand knowledge of this issue, other than from interface observations, and forum posts. Once again trying to make a mountain over mole hill. Possible reasons which where never stated as FACT.

Quote:
Alooka post 4: "...I made a thread informing about this and it received no attention".

It receive no attention because you are tired to play the candid that's all.
And finally when you merge posts by respect make this correctly please, thanks.
Must admit I never saw his first post, other than when Alooka and you referenced it within this thread. The 'new posts' feature doesn't always give me every new post, but he found this thread and continued here.

Quote:
You think the change just made on the installer like soisbasura said in post 36 is not mud? tricks or bugs in the same boat, not exactly the same i agree but always dishonest.
Seriously ??? changing the installer was what you and many wanted, so not changing it would be what? Come on use some common sense here. I haven't looked at said change but it was most likely to make things 'clearer' as adware can be confusing for those not inclined to read and comprehend wording.

Also its wise not to quote with post numbers, use url or the quote function as you have done in the past. Because when threads merge, post numbers change. It does not influence the post /showpost.php?p=id url or quote.

That referenced post if it's still the correct number, is his opinion on the matter, and yours. I'm not touching rehashing what's been covered numerous times already.

Old 03.01.2013, 13:55
rrogntudjû

Quote:
I haven't use the installers for JD for many years (I either run from IDE, or compile my own version). So I did not have first hand knowledge of this issue, other than from interface observations, and forum posts. Once again trying to make a mountain over mole hill. Possible reasons which where never stated as FACT.
The installer is strongly recommended for all but not for you if i understand well.
Old 03.01.2013, 15:54
English Supporter

I have had the same computers for nearly 6-12 years. I tend to run JD out of an IDE (eclipse) 99.999% of the time as my every day downloader (near exclusively within debug mode). As a developer my needs are totally different to others. My older installs only kept to test errors, and rarely used. I have had a jd0.x for over three years, and nightly was obtained by copying existing install and using the ' 'java -jar jdupdater.jar -branch nightly' method. When I originally installed JD, adware wasn't present. Already explained why installers are present, this has been adequately covered

I wont be answering any more of your questions or quoted text with a rambling text implicating your opinions. It's wasting everyone's time and energy. If you want to bring something new to the table, fine do so.

Old 03.01.2013, 20:24
rrogntudjû

If you lose your energy its because day after day you have more threads talking about the same subject its not my fact. Your responses are always the same i agree, and they can't help. Things get worse and one day if they continue in this way i predict problems for JD sure, responsible are warned even if for the moment they don't care.
Old 03.01.2013, 20:31
Community Manager

@rrogntudjû
He loses his energy because discussing this makes no sense.
Also, there are no new threads day after day (and as said, we do NOT censor).
If this thread continues like now, I'll close it till Jiaz/Coalado respond so please, calm down.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.01.2013, 11:30
rrogntudjû

@pspzocker
You can close this no sense if you want also
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=43666
Old 04.01.2013, 12:03
soisbasura

Waiting for Jazz/Coalado reply is a waste of time. They totally bear with the installer cheat.

Just look at their reply in that other message.
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...3&postcount=12

In the installer there is a cheat they are using which will trap almost 100% of people on installing the crap malware. There is a decline button on the left on dismiss look&feel to decline the malware installation that anyway people interprets as stopping the installation of jDownloder instead not decline just the crap malware and continue, and they click the right button after unchecking two checkboxes thinking it is the correct way to continue with install without installing the malware.

Using that malware spreader makes jDownloader malware spreader. Being a malware spreader for a month is very very serious issue.

And look at the last message there to stop calling that crap adaware please. Don't confuse people, even if it is not on purpose.
Old 04.01.2013, 12:38
rrogntudjû

Default Trojan horse family

I can't resist to put this here to show how i was kind in comparison :D
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthr...567#post238567

From TechVTS:
Quote:
Adware.SweetIM comes from a notorious Trojan horse family which could infect any version of windows operating system including Windows XP, Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Win-7 and 8 etc. This virus gets into a computer without letting user know because the download and installation of it is performed in background. Once adware.SweetIM has infected, it will download additional components and malwares. Usually, Adware.SweetIM will make your computer performance slow, overwrite remove important system files. It also keeps tracking user`s online activity. There are several hacked websites that distribute adware.sweetIM, it may even infect a PC through spam emails or corrupt freeware applications. SweeIM malware may also redirect you to sweetim.com website and set your browser hompage to **External links are only visible to Supporters**. Its recommended to uninstall Adware.SweetIM infection from a computer immediately.

What are symptoms of Adware.SweetIM and how dangerous it is:
Incredibly slowed down system performance speed.
Annoying and unwanted advertisement pop-ups appearing on screen
Disabled Task Manager and registry editing tools
Hijacked Web browser; Web links and searches redirecting to wrong websites.
Computer running like out of your control
You may lose your money as it reveals your financial details to hackers
It will set your hompage to **External links are only visible to Supporters**
It will corrupt windows registry
It will make important system files unsafe by injecting itself into them

Quote:
@rrogntudjû
He loses his energy because discussing this makes no sense.
Also, there are no new threads day after day (and as said, we do NOT censor).
If this thread continues like now, I'll close it till Jiaz/Coalado respond so please, calm down.
Because discussing about gangsters makes the sense.
Also, there are no new threads day after day on other places...
Censor close or merge, make as you prefer but it can't change it.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 04.01.2013 at 16:38. Reason: I added the title ;)
Old 04.01.2013, 22:15
Community Manager

Quote:
Censor close or merge, make as you prefer but it can't change it.
Sorry, probably you'll call that "censoring" but I'll close this now till Jiaz/Coalado reply as discussing won't change anything and we're always talking about the same stuff.
If you feel angry, contact me via PM but don't open other threads to give me reasons to ban you!

GreeZ pspzockerscene *closed*

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 08.01.2013, 09:31
Lera

Exclamation Regarding malware on the webinstaller

I have a problem I was downloading the lastest version of JDOWNLOADER on a new computer everything was ok until the next day

I was normally using firefox when I notice this "similarsites" thing installed without asking for my permission then I remember the only thing I have on this new computer is JDOWNLOADER and then I notice it was actually the web installer that gave this adware

The moment JD installed on my computer it also installed this "package manager" along with the toolbar and and the addon from "similarsites.com" (some sort of searcher with more ads than xboxlive I dont recommend to open it without adblock/noscript)

So naturally I had to uninstall JD and firefox to get rid of but the "package manager" is still there and ccleaner can't uninstall it halp

Anyone knows how to uninstall this JDOWNLOADER PACKAGES?
its also not on the jdownloader folder file anyone know where it is?

thx 4 u attn
(also cant believe the devs included this similarsites thing shame on you)
Old 12.01.2013, 18:23
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunayx View Post
They'll fix the issue but the real problem is if you don't use a startup monitor app you'd always face such issues. I recommend AnVir Task Manager Free, it shows warning for driver, toolbar, service, context menu items etc. and you can delete or disable installation of them forever.
The real problem is that there is no issue for them.
Old 13.01.2013, 23:13
soisbasura

Regan was a loveable girl

She deserved all the love from the people that loved her.

But... she turned into

and that wasn't Regan anymore. It didn't deserve any love.

The only thing that it deserved was an exorcism.

Two months or more and jDownloader continues spreading malware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14.01.2013, 20:09
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by soisbasura View Post
Two months or more and jDownloader continues spreading malware !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now it's clear, while thousands of people are infected still no response, JDownloader is definitely passed to the dark side of the force.
Old 16.01.2013, 22:26
Community Manager

Closed, your guys keep going, especially you, rrogntudjû...
As said, wait for a response of the official developers!!

GreeZ psp *closed*

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 17.01.2013, 16:45
JD Manager

Things will change very soon!

However some information about the bundle issues:
Our Installers are made by a company called InstallCore. They care about the bundles. This makes things a bit complicated and sometimes slow.
We did not manage to offer SweetIm completely optional. If the user unchecked the toolbar, a software called sweetpack got installed anyway - BAD. We fully understand that you are angry because of this. We tried to talk to Installcore and to SweetIM to fix this - without success. Thus we removed SweetIm from the installer about 2 weeks ago. There should not be ANY unwanted bundle installations at all since that step. If there are, please write directly to e-mail@appwork.org.
Old 17.01.2013, 16:45
JD Manager

However some information about the bundle issues:
Our Installers are made by a company called InstallCore. They care about the bundles. This makes things a bit complicated and sometimes slow.
We did not manage to offer SweetIm completely optional. If the user unchecked the toolbar, a software called sweetpack got installed anyway - BAD. We fully understand that you are angry because of this. We tried to talk to Installcore and to SweetIM to fix this - without success. Thus we removed SweetIm from the installer about 2 weeks ago. There should not be ANY unwanted bundle installations at all since that step. If there are, please write directly to e-mail@appwork.org.
Old 17.01.2013, 21:56
rrogntudjû

The response of the software owners or sites owners that spread this shit is always the same. "These toolbars are not malwares and they have no bugs in their installation we have verified". After... "you have the choice to install them or not... if you click only you are responsibles that you do"! and after... "SweetPacks, SweetIM, Conduit etc etc... are certified by VeryTrust, they do not contain malwares or viruses, most of free software have these toolbars in their installers." And after "it's really easy to remove them just go to the config panel..." and "we are not alone to make cash like this, since a long time all our concurents or many free sofwares use the same toolbars... if you're angry you're going to make war against the whole software industry" etc... why the response would be different here. I just think responsibles should be never forget that JD is made ​​from Java which makes the software quite different... if people think that JD can use Java for the same kind of things probably you can imagine the consequences.

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 17.01.2013 at 22:59.
Old 17.01.2013, 23:40
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
Without knowing in what sense and how soon (soon is totally undertermined time) this can't be considered good news. Not bad either but not good news.

Quote:
We did not manage to offer SweetIm completely optional. If the user unchecked the toolbar, a software called sweetpack got installed anyway - BAD. We fully understand that you are angry because of this. We tried to talk to Installcore and to SweetIM to fix this - without success. Thus we removed SweetIm from the installer about 2 weeks ago.
Talking to those people is a waste of time. People that has been spreading malware for quite a lot of time conciously are not people to try to reason with. It is not a problem with just SweetIM. That company has spread more malware than just that one. Other one is mentioned in these forums. I know they had spreaded too one called lollipop. And I'm sure there are some more these people has spreaded. Changing SweetIM for other option that sooner or later is going to be changed with other malware is not a real solution.

Quote:
There should not be ANY unwanted bundle installations at all since that step. If there are, please write directly to e-mail@appwork.org.
IntallCore can't be trusted so while jDownloader uses it can't be trusted either. I don't really thing is of common sense for people to continue using the jDownloader webinstaller (or InstallCore webinstaller if you want to call it that way) which is not reliable anymore and is well-known for spreading malware.

And I don't know how it is a solution: "Hey, if you get infected just notify directly to the following email".

Regards.
Old 18.01.2013, 09:24
JD Manager

rrogntudj...

Let's talk about possible solutions.

Would you prefer paying for JD instead of getting a bundle offer?
Old 18.01.2013, 09:28
JD Manager

lollipop - does the lollipop offer install if the users declined it?

What do you think:
Who of you would prefer to pay for a ad and bundle free version of jdownloader (and it's installers of course)?
Old 18.01.2013, 10:54
rrogntudjû

Thanks for your interest in problem but i can't answer to this question cause I have absolutly no idea to the price of betrayal.