JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.06.2021, 06:09
Junior Loader

Default upstore.net

Last premium subscription expiry was April 1 in JD for upstore.net and when using JD kept telling me it had expired on just a little to early. I JD treats expire date as if it is coded as April 1, 00:00:00 UTC so for last hours I could only use a browser to download and NOT JD.

Current premium subscription on my upstore.net web page login page has text "premium till July 6, 2021". This means premium until "July 6,2021 23:59:59 UTC". Based on my experience with my previous subscription. Could you please check is there a way for JD to work up to the last second of the upstore.net premium subscription time.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 18.06.2021, 10:00
JD Manager

I've updated plugin to add 24 hours, so 6 July will be the complete day and not the beginning
Old 20.06.2021, 08:00
Junior Loader

Thank you for the change I will test it out when July 6 comes around. I can see "account manager" screen shows new date.
Old 20.06.2021, 09:37
JD Manager

You're welcome. Plugin just adds 24 hours to the expire date(only given in day, month,year) but no hour/minutes, so account might expire earlier than midnight but JDownloader cannot know that. Maybe you will find a more excact expire date somewhere/eg tooltip on website?
Old 07.10.2021, 07:19
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You're welcome. Plugin just adds 24 hours to the expire date(only given in day, month,year) but no hour/minutes, so account might expire earlier than midnight but JDownloader cannot know that. Maybe you will find a more exact expire date somewhere/eg tooltip on website?
In addition to your current fix of an adding 24 hrs, would it be possible to then get the timezone offset for computer running JDL and and/subtract that value to that expiry date.

That is, currently my expiry date showing 5 Oct 2021 00:00 and location is UTC +8, so in this case expiry will show 5 Oct 2021 08:00 in JD Account manager page.

Example 2: expiry date showing 5 Oct 2021 00:00 and location is UTC +2, so in this case expiry will show 5 Oct 2021 02:00 in JD Account manager page

It can be tested by changing the timezone of you local machine.

By the way how does the plugin get the expiry date is it scraped from a web page - is it from **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Does your last comment mean you cannot add a hours/minutes adjustment?
Old 07.10.2021, 10:32
JD Manager

@ScottQ: Yes, JDownloader parses date from stat/download/?lang=en website
Last time I checked no hours/minutes were shown, has it changed?
Of course we can add offsets, but then we need to know for sure that this really works? Most/nearly all services don't account timezone of account but have fixed timezone of their expire date.
Old 07.10.2021, 20:34
Junior Loader

Quote:
@ScottQ: Yes, JDownloader parses date from stat/download/?lang=en website
Last time I checked no hours/minutes were shown, has it changed?
Of course we can add offsets, but then we need to know for sure that this really works? Most/nearly all services don't account timezone of account but have fixed timezone of their expire date.
@Jiaz no, the page has not changed. What I am describing is based on the observation I have experienced. Upstore expiry is as I described in the two examples in my previous post.

I also tested by changing my timezone to UTC which allowed me to use the last 8hrs of subscription until 5 Oct 2021 08:00 (UTC+8) [=5 Oct 2021 (UTC+0)] which was last Tuesday. My timezone is normally UTC+8, so I am confident this is correct. Determining if subscription expired needs BOTH dates compared in UTC or BOTH in local time. Example conversion - **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

I don't think it could be anything else, but I can report my result next time I do another subscription if you need more data.

Last edited by ScottQ; 07.10.2021 at 20:37.
Old 08.10.2021, 11:42
JD Manager

@ScottQ: Thanks for the followup. When it's near expire next time, can you check again? maybe on last day it tells xy hours left or something like that?
Try again with next update, it should apply the local time offset to the expire date
Old 09.10.2021, 16:35
Junior Loader

Quote:
@ScottQ: Thanks for the followup. When it's near expire next time, can you check again? maybe on last day it tells xy hours left or something like that?
Try again with next update, it should apply the local time offset to the expire date
Thanks I will test on next expiry and post feedback to thread.

Here are two screenshots taken before and after expiry. The "server time" is shown at bottom of each image. To answer your question,there is no "X" hrs left shown in screenshots even when your only few hours from expiry time. I can work out local time when I need to test expiry.

I noticed the totals shown on the ustore stats page, on this occassion, are wrong due to 2 files that have been counted twice in stats see highlighting in image. Total value is an upstore not JD issue (unless your scraping the data from that page) - it is puzzling to me what caused it. During the 24hr period, JD only had one entry for each file and VPN was dropping out frequently, so it could be related to connection drops. I have automated VPN reconnection.

Last edited by ScottQ; 09.10.2021 at 20:26.
Old 11.10.2021, 18:52
JD Manager

@ScottQ: no need to wait for next expiry, the shown expire date should already make use of your timezone offset and no longer at midnight.
Would be great if you can check it.
JDownloader only parses the "Downloaded in last 24 hours" for available traffic
Old 12.10.2021, 17:38
Junior Loader

Quote:
Would be great if you can check it.
JDownloader only parses the "Downloaded in last 24 hours" for available traffic
I looked and expiry time adjusted by timezone as shown :-)

Consider a scenario in the middle of my subscription ustore stats screen's amount used in last 24hrs is wrongly reporting over 20GB (no idea how often this may happen but it has happened as previously mentioned). In this situtation, I don't know what action ustore server will do for next download request, accept or reject it, so I will have to test further. In that scenario, will a "force download start" on that request try do do a download or does the daily quota data prevent it from trying to open url and trying to start it?
Attached Images
File Type: png JDL2 TZ fix test.png (187.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by ScottQ; 12.10.2021 at 19:20.
Old 12.10.2021, 18:56
JD Manager

@ScottQ: JDownloader will not allow further downloads when remaining traffic quota is less than expected download traffic.This behaviour can be change don per plugin base but better wait for some feedback (eg like yours) than just changing default behaviour. Some hosters have strict limits, others have sort of lazy limit and others may (temp) block account usage when too much/ too often over traffic.

Is the account expired or still valid expire date? wait for next plugin update, then JDownloader will only handle timezone offset for expire dates >0

Last edited by Jiaz; 12.10.2021 at 18:59.
Old 12.10.2021, 19:30
Junior Loader

Quote:
@ScottQ:
Is the account expired or still valid expire date? wait for next plugin update, then JDownloader will only handle timezone offset for expire dates >0
This screen shot taken after premium subscription finished hence "1970" date in image.
Old 13.10.2021, 16:25
JD Manager

@ScottQ: With latest update, it should now longer show the 1970 date