JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 04.03.2012, 12:34
kepalabenjol

I'm having the same problem.
However after so many trial and error, I found the root of the problem.
In my case it is my ISP that prohibit me to do many downloads.

I'm living in Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm using Sitra Wimax as my ISP. When using modem provided by this ISP, I always have this problem.
But when I switch to use another modem from another ISP, I try 2 other ISP, Telkomel and SMART, the problem dissappear just like that.

So in this case, for you who also lives in Jakarta, Indonesia, try to use another ISP. If the problem is gone, than you have ISP problem. The problem is not on JDownloader side.
If you're also using Sitra Wimax as your ISP, just like me, most probably you will have the same problem. Thanks.
Old 26.03.2012, 09:18
RedIndy

Default No writing rights

While downloading a file, downloads can suddenly stop giving a warning that there are no rights to write to the HDD.
This issue has happened several times now, at random and I'm having a hard time finding out why or where it occurs.
I am the only user on this PC and there are no other profiles.
Also the problem occurs at random.
If it occurs and I stop all downloads, clean JD completely and load the files again it will happen that there is no interruptions.

So it is very hard to say where this problem has it's origins, I think this might be a bug.

If anybody has similar problems, please help!

RI.
Old 27.03.2012, 04:23
JD Adviser

This has happened to me just now as well. I too am on a Mac (latest Lion) and run the latest (non-nightly) jD and have seen this happen few times. I don't have AV or anything like that. Here's my log:

Code:
------------------------  Thread: 31  -----------------------
31 3/26/12 7:39:47 PM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on national.geographic.mp4
31 3/26/12 7:39:49 PM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Handling normal captchas
31 3/26/12 7:40:01 PM - INFO [java_downloader] ->  Waittime detected, waiting 60 seconds from now on...
31 3/26/12 7:41:03 PM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Resumepoint not valid
31 3/26/12 7:41:03 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Connect...
31 3/26/12 7:41:03 PM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Resumepoint not valid
31 3/26/12 7:41:03 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Connect...
31 3/26/12 7:41:22 PM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Resumepoint not valid
31 3/26/12 7:41:22 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Connect...
31 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Start Download
31 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Setup virgin download
31 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Start Download in 1 chunks. Chunksize: 486546519
31 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Setup chunk 0: Thread[DOwnloadchunk 0 - -1,1,main]
31 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Wait for chunks

------------------------  Thread: 32  -----------------------
32 3/26/12 7:41:26 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Start Chunk 0 : 0 - -1

------------------------  Thread: 32  -----------------------
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> SEVERE Exception occurred
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
	at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(MeteredStream.java:116)
	at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:116)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(HttpURLConnection.java:2676)
	at java.nio.channels.Channels$ReadableByteChannelImpl.read(Channels.java:221)
	at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.download(Unknown Source)
	at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.run0(Unknown Source)
	at jd.plugins.download.DownloadInterface$Chunk.run(Unknown Source)
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> error occurred while writing to file. Connection reset
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_LOCAL_IO
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> A critical Downloaderror occured. Terminate...
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> ABBORTED BY USER
32 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> Chunk finished 0 53018624 bytes

------------------------  Thread: 31  -----------------------
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - FINER [java_downloader] -> onCHunksReady
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Close connections if the are not closed yet
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Closed connection before closing file
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Close File. Let AV programs run
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> DOWNLOAD INCOMPLETE DUE TO FILESIZECHECK
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_DOWNLOAD_INCOMPLETE
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> DOWNLOAD INCOMPLETE DUE TO FILESIZECHECK
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Error occured: ERROR_DOWNLOAD_INCOMPLETE
31 3/26/12 8:24:47 PM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> 
Error occured- latest: ERROR_LOCAL_IO
00100000001001000000000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00000000001000000000000000000000 |ERROR_LOCAL_IO
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
StatusText: Idle
ErrorMessage: No permissions to write to hard disk
Here's ls:

Code:
$ ls -lah /Users/mike/Downloads/national.geographic.mp4.part 
-rw-r--r--  1 mike  staff    51M Mar 26 20:22 /Users/mike/Downloads/national.geographic.mp4.part
I've seen this happen with turbobit.net but don't remember seeing it with other hosts.
Old 27.03.2012, 08:36
JD Legend

First sorry to hear your running Lion to begin with for those who are.

Now this is not a new problem as it has happened to me on several different occasions on all Mac OS Versions I have run since I started using JD.

There are some things one may want to look at and as I have yet to run Lion (not interested in the IOS type direction it is going in), as Lion does not come prebuilt with Java from what I understand or at least have the impression of, be sure your up to date with the Java Lon will run and one can install properly for Lion.

Make sure you have enough free disk space that has not caused some sort of lock up or cancelation of a file download. One may need to run a disk repair on the drive one is saving files to as on occasion the free space left and directory structures can become corrupt or confused. I suggest DiskWarrior Latest Version of course that supports Lion. Regardless of the disk utility used you will need to boot from another boot disk/drive/DVD to repair the main start up drive if there is a problem with it.

In most instances I have found though that the majority of problems stem or seem to stem from a connection breakage that was nonrecoverable between the receiving computer and the file host. Very similar to what kepalabenjol, stated previously although it may or may not be your ISP causing the problem. You may wish to call your ISP and tell them your having problems with connectivity between you and the file hosters IP address. Most of the time it is not needed to tell them a host name as they will usually trace an troubleshoot problems with IP #'s. They really only need to use host names usually just to make sure the DNS is good and a few other small issues surrounding DNS itself. Once a connection is made then usually the problems become routing, ISP hardware, or other configuration problems. In very rare cases deleting the config files for JD may help but probably not for this issue.

When the above problems do occur and there is a nonrecoverable file, it means basically the file thinks it is still being written to and has not closed the process properly. All one can do is to delete the file or Reset that files download link to start over again.

If this is a continuing problem with a file hoster then you will need to do some traceroutes and other tests to help both the JD team (only for probably telling you to call your ISP as they can not fix the network your on) and more than likely your ISP find the troubled spots in the network between you and the filehoster. Be sure to see if you can find a pattern and other information also as it may just be the hoster as many have severely cut back on bw especially for free downloaders, and many are just being stupid since MU was taken down mostly for stupidity on their part.

Unfortunately it will not get better with the laws being passed not only by the US but by other countries who all are taken in by the pathetic lies of the MPAA, RIAA, and their counterparts, and then there are those who just wish to control the internet and the information that gets out to everyone so they can control the individuals of the world also.

Sorry for the rant there but everyone world wide must get involved with their governments to let them know we are not slaves nor are we troglodytes etc. and demand our rights and freedoms in the internet as well as in this emerging new world we are rapidly finding ourselves being pushed into like puppets or cattle.

Hopefully this will help some with the problems they are seeing arise of late.

Mods or admins you may edit out anything in this post you may find offensive or out of place for the board in the last two paragraphs.

Last edited by Statter; 27.03.2012 at 08:50.
Old 28.03.2012, 04:58
JD Adviser

There's nothing wrong with Lion. Issue is that jD is a complete mess when it comes to reliability of file operations. jD not only has issue with writing files but has an issue with losing files during a rename. I've reported that issue long time ago and jD still loses files even though the thread is marked as [Solved].

Quit trying to pass the buck onto the OS... no other app has these severe file issues that jD has.

I've moved away from jD and now use it only rarely. I just can't trust it at all.
Old 29.03.2012, 08:21
RedIndy

@mikebell
AGREED!!!
JD should address these problems, if they don't than their program isn't worth using any longer.
@Statter
Keep up the good work!!!!
Our freedom is essential, governments are playing with us!
People should protest more against liberties taken by ANY government over the heads of the citizens of this world!
They only want to use the population as wage-slaves to keep their money making machines going, all for the benefit of "the HAPPY few".

WE NEED A WORLD REVOLUTION AND WE NEED IT NOW!!!
Old 30.03.2012, 02:34
JD Legend

mikebell, first I am not blaming the OS per say as many others that do run Lion do not seem to have the problem with this issue. There may be issues with Lion still at least it appears that way with other reports I still read even after the latest updates although they did fix a lot of issues there are more that needs to be done as with any new OS (currently Safari is waked now with the 5.1.5 update just done in SL on one machine so it is a conflict somewhere on that machine that is still to be found).

Anyway thats not my point as I was just mentioning it incase there was now an issue with JD and Lion.
There is now an update for Apple Java for OS X Lion "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If you read the whole response or even probably read through the thread, you would see it is not related to one OS or another btw. and others that have had the problem and have resolved the issue by reseting the file to start a fresh download.
Your log it also states "Start Download in 1 chunks", I am assuming the file that is broken above that statement is also a Download in 1 chunk file. When files are such they will not re-download from where they left off unless the file hoster allows it with special scripting and permissions programming usually.
Even in the browsers if a download gets broken between a client and hoster not initiated by the client itself, the file will not start to dl again from where it left off until it is cleared or the browser itself depending o how it was programmed may just auto delete the original broken file and start a fresh download.

Yes I have had the same issues of No Permissions to Write which did throw me for a loop until I read about the chunking method JD is forced to use depending on the file hosters setup. From what I understand JD is reading the information about the file and also how the hoster is allowing it to dl, in multiple chunks or not. At least JD is logging the info in the log files so one can see what the hoster is allowing or not.
As for JD loosing files during a rename I, only have had that once and it was while something was still downloading and the outer sub folder was renamed. The only other time of loosing files is not really been loosing the file but, more when something has broken the connection to my external storage drive and instead of the system seeing the drive/partiton has been disconnected JD will auto create the same DL folder name n the root of volumes but it will also be an alias pointing to the root of the user folder if I remember right else it is to the root of the boot drive. Sorry it has been a while on that one so, I don't remember the exact location of the new duplicate folder for JD downloads.

Yes I do agree that there are a lot of things JD could/should do for better usage results but, overall for what it is and what it does it is fine and the biggest problem I have with JD is when a hoster screws something up on their site that breaks JD in the middle of my dl's or the hosters are limiting BW as they are starting to loose their backbone and starting to abandon the original RFC's in regard to an ISP's responsibility to its customers, etc. too. I would also love to see the new release of JD they have talked about for so long that is essentially a total rewrite but, I suppose that is taking more time as their limited main programmer(s) also have a life too I think and are also pounded with other company issues that take precedence probably.

I hope you can figure out the problem and how to fix it and if it keeps happening I don't think it is as much of a JD issue but, an ISP issue that in some cases may be hard to get an ISP to investigate or fix properly without the proper nudging.

RedIndy, yea we all need to get off the stick now!
Things are really starting to suck with the crap going down the pike so to speak.

ACTA Battle Nears Climax in Europe "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** Get ready for a quick vote probably.

And of corse more crap from other places ..... Like:

The fact that major ISPs To Begin Punishing BitTorrent Pirates This Summer "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** this has implications far reaching just torrenting!

Last edited by Statter; 30.03.2012 at 02:44.
Old 30.03.2012, 04:09
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIndy View Post
@mikebell
AGREED!!!
JD should address these problems, if they don't than their program isn't worth using any longer.
Just last week I was downloading a 1.4GB file and everything was showing as fine in jD but when I checked my downloads folder, there was nothing in there. jD completed with download and of course, the file was marked as "failed" by jD and it never showed up in downloads folder. I used to think that jD had only issues with final renaming of the files but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's now downloading straight to /dev/null without even writing files! But it shows them as "downloading" in progress bar.

How crap like this can happen is beyond me. I've never come across an app with such broken file operations.

I now use Chrome to download stuff. It's 100% reliable but doesn't have Resume which sucks but hey... at least I'm not wasting my bandwidth downloading files that never even show up on my HD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
mikebell, first I am not blaming the OS per say as many others that do run Lion do not seem to have the problem with this issue. There may be issues with Lion still at least it appears that way with other reports I still read even after the latest updates although they did fix a lot of issues there are more that needs to be done as with any new OS (currently Safari is waked now with the 5.1.5 update just done in SL on one machine so it is a conflict somewhere on that machine that is still to be found).

Anyway thats not my point as I was just mentioning it incase there was now an issue with JD and Lion.
There is now an update for Apple Java for OS X Lion "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
<snip>

I have all the latest updates. I've also had exact same issues on my Windows 7 box so I doubt this has anything to do with the OS. I move gigabytes of data through my computer (I work in video editing) and have never had issues like this. jD's file operations are a complete junk and should be rewritten from scratch. Downloadign with jD is a complete crapshoot and you can never rely on it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... and you have no way of telling just by looking at the app's progress bar.

I'm now downloading through a browser... yes, it's slower but since you still have to deal with reCaptcha crap, it's not that much slower.

At least I'm not wasting my time and bandwidth downloading stuff that's not even written to my hard disk.

Quick search shows this:

Downloaded files disappear - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=5690
THe files are missing from download folder - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=19013
Downloaded file can't be found, it disappears - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=16894
Downloaded files are gone - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=8353
disappearing file - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=29093
Error while renaming after CRC check - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=25626

and my thread on this issue... marked as "Solved" 7 months ago:

JD is losing my files after they're downloaded - http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=30683

and many many more threads like this are really disconcerting and I have no faith left for this soft.

But you can't really blame the makers of this soft... they're not paid to write it and they're good guys. So I can't be mad at them and can't fault them for anything. I'm just not gonna use it again until (or better said "if") this is resolved.

Last edited by mikebell; 30.03.2012 at 04:20.
Old 30.03.2012, 14:16
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

mikebell, you have noticed the issue with Java Update 26? Jiaz has told you about it. All downloads will get lost after updating to this version because of internal Java changes.
AND PLEASE DO NOT GO OFFTOPIC!
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 03.04.2012, 03:36
Bojan

Habe das Selbe problem per zufall kommt die meldung "keine schreibrechte für festplatte"

http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin/79042
Old 30.04.2012, 16:11
aparnab

Lightbulb Windows SECURITY settings

this is crazy.. but i think the windows "security" settings of a folder [right click folder > properties > security] are the trouble makers here!

And as i said before, this is crazy .. coz i haven't changed/altered any settings to my download folder before.
On a hunch of logic i went to check it up when jdownloader kept saying "no permission" "No permission"! And there it was..

All's well for now..
Check back in after a while and let you'll know if it stays this way.

Last edited by aparnab; 30.04.2012 at 16:14.
Old 30.04.2012, 17:15
Snick

Just registered here because i helped a friend through the same problem (no permission to write to hdd) a few minutes ago, so hello everybody.

The solution was firstly to remove and uninstall Java completely from the computer. Secondly to uninstall Jdownloader and a reinstallation of it from the newest setup file. It was quickly done and did the job, JD is running perfectly fine now.

Imho there is no need for Java on a confuser at all, please excuse my french but it sucks monkey balls.:outch:

My 2 cents and i hope they help.
Old 30.04.2012, 19:25

Thank you for the feedback, guys!
@Bojan: Das ist die englische Sektion, nicht die deutsche!
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 15.05.2012, 20:46
timepink

I've found another possible solution for this error (sorry if it has been posted before):

Before restarting the download, specially if it's a large file or if the server you've been downloading from is not high speed friendly, do the following:
Go to the file's folder properties and uncheck "Reading only" for that folder and every other folder inside that one (if applicable). Click "apply", go back to JDownloader and click to resume the download (and activate too, if necessary).
That worked for me ;-)

Last edited by timepink; 15.05.2012 at 20:48.
Old 16.05.2012, 03:18

Thank you, timepink!
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 04.04.2013, 21:49
culturelles

it doesn't help me cause the folder is already uncheck (Reading only)
But i notice that its happen with some file that download very slow like the 1/3 of the file on uptobox.(it's between 7kb/s to 30kb/s) i'm not a expert but this speed can bug in writing.I say that cause when is the file goes to high speed like 20mb/s and more there is no problems.
Old 07.04.2013, 20:24

If you still encounter problems, please read the rules and open a new thread.
Greetz &

Support Chat

Closed Thread