JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.09.2010, 14:24
Linkgrabbing Monster

same as my problem... its only problem for resume download file...
Old 13.09.2010, 14:47
remi

What about a complete and detailed log?
Old 13.09.2010, 14:50
JD Manager

its your firewall/av
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
please setup it right
Old 18.09.2010, 17:32
vekanoid

Lightbulb

And please place "Resume" and "Enable" commands to toolbar, cause these are very frequently used...
Old 18.09.2010, 17:46
guillep2k

Lightbulb

I was unable to confirm this, but perhaps it can add some light and set a course of action for jDownloader users and developers. In the past I had a lot of issues with my ISP caching downloads (without me setting a proxy), because they have an HTTP transparent proxy whether I like it or not. These downloads may abort due to RS/MU issues and become incorrectly cached on the ISP's proxy. Then, every new attempt to download the file comes from the cache instead of RS/MU, and of course it will fail at the exact same point (90%? 80%? it doesn't matter), this being INDEPENDENT of jDownloader (i.e., it happened to me with regular browsers as well). The problem goes away after my ISP's cache expires and the file download is attempted again, or some other condition changes.

Now, what can we do about this?

We as users can:

1) Configure jDownloader to use a proxy server outside our ISP's network; this new proxy most probably will not have that file incorrectly cached (although it may do that after our new attempt).
2) Wait at least 24 hours for our ISP's cache entry to expire, and try again.

jDownloader could (if added that functionality):

1) Force no-cache and bypass cache headers on the HTTP request (some ISP proxies may ignore even this, although they shouldn't).
2) Add random parameters to the HTTP query (like ....&jdown=1234) in order to force the ISP's cache to interpret it as a different request and thus bypassing the incorrectly cached file (this may not work with all downloading sites).
3) Allow the user to change jDownloader's user agent string (many ISP caches take the user agent as part of the cache key), and let the user see if it works for her.
4) Correctly identify errors coming from network problems or file size inconsistences and display a different error message so the user doesn't go crazy looking for errors on her disk, anti-virus, Windows, Doors, Carpets, etc.

Just my two cents.

Guille

Last edited by guillep2k; 18.09.2010 at 23:30.
Old 19.09.2010, 00:55
JD English Support (inactive)

Cannot Write to Disk threads merged.
Old 19.09.2010, 10:20

1) JD already uses No Cache headers.
2) This can be done if JD knows the address of the cache. Otherwise, most sites will return an error.
3) Some JD host plugins use a randomly generated User Agent for each connection. JD probably needs to do this for all hosts. A randomly generated Referrer string for each connection might help as well (such as www.google.com/search?q=(random word)&user=(random hexadecimal number))
4) It is coming. Probably in the next Major release.

However, carpet errors are hard to trace and we might not be able to correctly diagnose them (they are not related to JD). Every few months, you should turn off all electronics and spray all carpet near electronics with Static Guard (or equivalent) to a distance of at least 1.5 meters.

1) Force no-cache and bypass cache headers on the HTTP request (some ISP proxies may ignore even this, although they shouldn't).
2) Add random parameters to the HTTP query (like ....&jdown=1234) in order to force the ISP's cache to interpret it as a different request and thus bypassing the incorrectly cached file (this may not work with all downloading sites).
3) Allow the user to change jDownloader's user agent string (many ISP caches take the user agent as part of the cache key), and let the user see if it works for her.
4) Correctly identify errors coming from network problems or file size inconsistences and display a different error message so the user doesn't go crazy looking for errors on her disk, anti-virus, Windows, Doors, Carpets, etc.
Old 22.09.2010, 19:59
jambosoft

Question @ Jiaz

Hello, i'm just wondering... if millions of ppl got that "No Permissions to write to hard disk" why u just dont put a Button that says: Automatic Re-Enable Aborted Files by "No Permissions to write to hard disk" Error?? it's it hard to do it?? i think that's possible and this is a good idea, if not possible please let me know why, thanks.
Old 23.09.2010, 06:47

The problem is that "No Permissions to write to hard disk" is sometimes a false error message (that is why we need a log). This message is generated by JD whenever JD gets an error during a specific part of the download process.

If this is a true Permission Denied message, then JD cannot repair it at the touch of a button, unless you are running with root or administrator privileges.

However, the problem is more often caused by poorly designed antivirus or firewall software. If there is a setting available for it, tell your security software to always notify you of every problem. If it is not available, replace the software.

For example, when an antivirus is gathering packets of data so it can scan a large chunk of data, JD may be told that there is data to read, but the data is not available. This generates the same error message, because internally this is an Access Denied.

I would guess that those using:
AVG Free antivirus, installed without Link Grabber,
PCTools.com Free Firewall, and
PCTools.com Threatfire
rarely see this kind of error message.

Another reason that this error can appear is if JDownloader is installed into the Program Files directory in Windows "7" or Vista. Starting with Windows "7", there are restrictions on the Program Files directory. In Vista, some hotfixes impose these restrictions. Reinstalling (not moving) JDownloader into a directory like C:\programs\jdownloader will fix the problem if it is caused by this special "feature".
Old 13.04.2013, 19:00
Devraj

i use windows 7 professional and i face that problem then i change my user account control setting
go to control panel>user accounts an Family safety> left system and security>Action Center>change user account control settings>make it never notify when
now restart pc and now try with jdownloder it will download again
Old 24.10.2013, 10:37
0ldfart

using a ubuntu variant here and utterly plagued by this error. have got max con set at 1 and max dls set at 1 also

cant see how to fix it as no software firewall and no AV installed.

if anyone using Linux has a solution I would love to know as this is a real PITA :(
Old 15.12.2014, 05:38
NotBananas

If all these people have the same problem for many years, why can't there be a solution??

Also, when I immediately either "Reset" or "Enable" it continues from where it left off until completed.

When I download the same file(s) via "save as.." direct with Windows Explorer (some BR movies are over 2GB large), I never have any problems!

As Sherlock Holmes would say: "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth", then the only conclusion must be there is something wrong with JD.
Old 15.12.2014, 17:34
Community Manager

Logs please...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?