JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.11.2010, 01:58
outrayge

Default Can't close JDownloader and dl freezes

I have bad bad news :(
Unfortunately i cannot write a workaround for this megaupload issue, cause it would need changes deep inside downloadcore. That's why there is no other chance (except to hope that megaupload will fix these server issues) than to upgrade JDownloader to the Nightly Version.

The Nightly is our current DeveloperVersion, that will become our next Stable version in future. It's currently used by around 14k users.

PLEASE DO AN MANUAL BACKUP FIRST. BACKUP YOUR CONFIG FOLDER IN JD, SO YOU CAN RESTORE IT IN CASE SOMETHING FAILS. JUST BACKUP FOR THE WORST CASE

In order to upgrade to nightly edition you can use 2 methods
1.) download http://update0.jdownloader.org/JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe into your jd folder
1.1.) close jd and start JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe once (it will change version and upgrade jd)
1.2.) after update you are running nightly edition (also automatic updates)
1.3.) megaupload should work fine and no longer freeze the gui

2.) instead of downloading the JDownloaderNIGHTLY.exe , you can read here how to switch versions
http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...9&postcount=33

This issue has been happening for the past day or two and I don't think any settings relevant to Jdownloader has changed. The JDownloader would start downloading but then the download and sometimes the whole client will freeze up. I can't even close JDownloader through task manager.

My OS is Windows 7, I'm using the built-in firewall, my antivirus is Eset Nod32, and I'm using the latest JDownloader.

I couldn't upload the log through the forum's attachment, so I'm sending it through pastebin.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.11.2010 at 17:04. Reason: ppl read first post too
Old 27.11.2010, 02:25
melintir

i have exactly the same problem since yesterday (27/11/2010)

i have the same configuration as well (Windows 7, built in firewall) except for antivirus (Avast!)
I updated my Java today to update 22 (was at update 15) hoping that it might fix the problem, but it remains

I have JD version 0.9.580

Last edited by melintir; 27.11.2010 at 02:29.
Old 27.11.2010, 04:49
ViBaYo

Same problem here. Since two days ago the program freezes after some time running.I have reinstalled the program and downgraded the java to the version 6.21 and still freezes
Old 27.11.2010, 05:13
z98

same problem, win 7 but using java 6.2 32 bit :/
last 24 hrs this started

To provide a bit more info, I am now getting this within a few minutes of running jDownloader, and have been trying to see if it will do it if I leave it minimized, on the linklist screen instead of the other screen, not minimized etc. It doesn't seem to matter though, because the bandwidth bar in the top right stays at the same speed it was at, all downloads show the same speeds (frozen) and the program becomes unresponsive (will not minimize or anything, has to be force closed)

I have not had any problems lately, and have not updated anything within the last few days as the poster below. Please address, this is frustrating!

Last edited by z98; 27.11.2010 at 05:46.
Old 27.11.2010, 05:41
Limber

Ditto. I'm running Win 7 x64, Java version 6.21.

I haven't updated Java, JDownloader, or the Windows OS itself during the last several days.
Old 27.11.2010, 07:17
eeaquino

Crossdomains didnt work

Last edited by eeaquino; 27.11.2010 at 17:37.
Old 27.11.2010, 07:46
DarterBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeaquino View Post
Had the same problem and found this, it's working fine now. What I did is copy the file in every folder I had a *.jar file. Including the java folder on C:\program files.
Code:
Hi all,

thx to the help of others developers, i soved this BUG in the 22 Update of Java JRE.
Add this file to the folder of your application:

Name of file : crossdomain.xml

Content of file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**>
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

Until the bug will be fixed.
Remember to test again without it when the 23 Update will be released.
If all will be ok, delete the file.

Good luck.
Last edited by Gekko (2010-11-01 01:41:51)
I just read your post & it appears to be the help many of us are looking for. However, I don't see where you found your information ... or where I can download the file you mentioned. (Name of file : crossdomain.xml) I tried a google search for the file ... but it appears many places use a file with that name. So if you can tell me where you got your info & where to download that file, it would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, BJ
Old 27.11.2010, 08:01
eeaquino

Never mind didnt work, it still freezes

Last edited by eeaquino; 27.11.2010 at 17:36.
Old 27.11.2010, 08:03
z98

hey darter -
so i have not heard of this tip before, but Im going to try it because I cant stay on for more than a few minutes without JD going down. I think hes saying you just make the file. Open a .txt file, copy paste the 5 lines <!DOCTYPE down to policy> into the .txt file, then rename the .txt file to crossdomain.xml and put it in folders where you have *.jar files

Im going to try it, heres hopin, thanks guys
Old 27.11.2010, 08:53
eeaquino

Had a problem when using the tray notification Icon, I would recommend to deactivate.
Old 27.11.2010, 09:33
mysaturdayself

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeaquino View Post
Just copy the content of the file in notepad and save the file as "crossdomain.xml" include the "" so that notepad doesn't add the .txt

Content of file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**>
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>
by the way I'm working on Windows 7 x86 so I dont know if it works on x64, vista or XP.
could u explain which folder should i put the file? I put the xml in the java/jre6 under program files, and also jdownloader folder. but the client works for a few seconds and froze again.. don't know which step i went wrong. thanks!
Old 27.11.2010, 10:45
JD Manager

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by providing such a crossdomain you allow all other pages to contact the app/page/....
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE *cant close jd* ISSUE AND WILL ONLY OPEN YOUR PC OPEN WIDE!!
Old 27.11.2010, 10:46
JD Manager

can you please say what files(hosts) you are loading. there might be an issue with mediafire (in case you load from there) that can cause this problem.

i need more information, maybe screenshots?
Old 27.11.2010, 12:07
outrayge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
can you please say what files(hosts) you are loading. there might be an issue with mediafire (in case you load from there) that can cause this problem.

i need more information, maybe screenshots?
I'm trying to download a file from Megaupload.

I just found out it's a specific file that triggers it. Other files from Megaupload seem to download just fine, except for one.
Old 27.11.2010, 12:32
remi

To all who're using W7, please, read "Using jD and W7".

I also recommend not to use update 22, but update 21 or 17 of the JRE.
Old 27.11.2010, 15:26
yFSC

Whether it's update 22 or 21 doesn't make a difference because I'm using 21 and my program has also started freezing about 30 seconds after start-up too, since yesterday. Using latest JDownloader and XP3.
Old 27.11.2010, 15:42
z98

YIKES at that malicious posts here :( I deleted all those crossdomains.. anyways, I was on version 6.17 (32bit) when this started, I upgraded to 6.22 (now it won't let me go back down to 6.21) and it continued to happen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled jDownloader, and it happened twice in a row, but since the third one it has stayed online for about 6 hrs without freezing, but I don't know what would be different.

I am not using mediafire, files are coming from megashares, megaupload, rapidshare, netload, hotfile, filesonic, filefactory, depositfiles
Old 27.11.2010, 15:54
JD Manager

please provide informations like os, java version, jd version, firewall,av.
in case you have hs_err files (in your jd folder), please provide them too
Old 27.11.2010, 16:10
DarterBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by providing such a crossdomain you allow all other pages to contact the app/page/....
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE *cant close jd* ISSUE AND WILL ONLY OPEN YOUR PC OPEN WIDE!!
Jiaz

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid of. I was VERY nervous to do what the other guy suggested.

You asked in the next post what hosts. I don't know which one causes a problem, because I've had n o problems downloading from them before. Currently have stuff from MU, HF, RS, NL, MS downloading ... and probably others. I have Downloaded from Mediafire in the past & again recently. I never had problems before, and after restarting the program I'll eventually finish my downloads regardless of the host.

I'm not sure what I could take a screenshot of for you, because the program will be running fine, then just freeze. Whatever DLs were running will be at whatever percentage they were at when it froze, & the bar at the top right will show the speed it was coming down at. You probably wouldn't even know it was frozen just by looking at it ... until you notice none of the numbers or times are changing. It did do one other weird thing once during this problem period. I'll try to describe it the best I can to you. As files are being downloaded, they are a "white" file that says "part" until it finishes ... then it changes to whatever it's supposed to be ... like a rar file for example. Well, at some point, possibly the first time this started acting up ... the program apparently TRIED to DL something ... couldn't ... then moved on to the next file ... repeatedly. So I ended up with maybe 200 or more "part" files in my DL folder ... from movies going way down the list. (way past the last thing that actually downloaded) They all were zero bites in size, so I just deleted them & restarted the program ... and they downloaded normally. I don't know if this will help you to identify the problem, but it's the only other odd thing this has done since it started freezing up. BUT ... it only did it that ONE time.

This program has worked great ever since I started using it. Will run my DLs from multiple sites, enter PWs to unrar & then does the unrar ... even when have to double unrar them. Oh ... I just thought of something else. I have several "Iso" files that I am downloading initially as rar files. When it comes time to unrar them ... JDownloader asks me for the PW instead of using it from the list I already have it on. So, I type in the PW ... and it says extract failed. However, I go to my DL folder ... manually unrar it myself ... type in the PW ... and it works fine. Your program still extracts all my other files, so I am definitely not complaining that I have to do a few myself. BUT ... I'm trying to think of anything odd to tell you that may help you figure out where the problem lies. I know for fact that the first time it froze was shortly after it could not extract those particular files. I actually thought that was causing the freezing up issue. However, I have DLed other files & skipped those particular Iso files ... and it still freezes up.

I've had ZERO problems when using this until that last 48 hours or so. (maybe 72 by now) It has NEVER froze on me before then ... even when DLing at 6 megs per sec or higher. It has been an awesome program !! I don't know why this just started, and appears to be affecting many of us, all in the same time period. Sometimes it will freeze within minutes of starting. Other times it may run a couple of hours before it freezes up. But before all this started, I'd leave it running 24/7 for days with NO problem. Since having the problems start, I updated to the most recent java, but couldn't tell you what I had before I updated. I don't think it matters ... since still have the problem. I am running Windows 7, but it's the same OS & computer that this program has worked fine with since I first downloaded JDownloader. I haven't changed a thing on my end.

Since you have the title "JD-Dev & Server-Admin" ... I'm going to wait to read your suggestions before I try to do anything else. I've tried to give as much detail as possible, but if have any other questions feel free to PM me, or even e-mail me. I'm going to bed soon, so it may be several hours before I can reply. However, I'll look for a reply here or in my PM to see if you find the resolution to the problem, or have other questions for me as soon as I get up.

Thanks in advance for your help, BJ (DarterBull)

PS Just saw your last post ... os Win7, java version 6 update 22 now (not sure what it was before), JD launcher V 3 ... but there is a version text file that says subversion=5, firewall is just the windows firewall, not sure what av is ?? And I looked in almost every folder in the JD program but didn't see any hs_err files in it. But anything else I can try to provide to help ... please ask.

Last edited by DarterBull; 27.11.2010 at 16:25.
Old 27.11.2010, 16:32
hideo

exactly the same problem as the others (win7 64 bit, CIS, java 6-16) which is why I came over to this always-helpful forum

I changed the AV/firewall to Win Security Essentials/Win Firewall and no change in freezing

one thing I've noticed (also noted by someone else) is that large (e.g 300 MB) files from megaupload seem to be causing the freeze--I've tried DLing in the browser and they also stall before completing so maybe it is a MU change that is confounding JDL? (I am not a premium MU account, but neverr had a problem DLing those large files before)