JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.11.2010, 16:57
yFSC

Same with hideo, it seems to be mostly MU files that are doing it to me, regardless of file size. Fileserve is working fine, but if JD tries to DL a MU file it freezes in the exact same manner DarterBull was detailing.
Old 27.11.2010, 17:01
DarterBull

I am a MU premium member, and probably 3/4 of my DLs are through them. I've DLed many multiple part files ... but also BIG single link files over 10 gigs with no freezing in the past. As for the last few days ... I can't find any specific files or hosts causing the problem. It just seems to me to be random.

Correction, as stated previously ... i know when it first started was when I was DLing the ISO files I described in detail that didn't self-extract. But even though that's when it started for me, I don't know that they caused the problem ... since it still freezes up when I am not DLing those files.

Last edited by DarterBull; 27.11.2010 at 17:05.
Old 27.11.2010, 18:44
z98

Hmm, I don't have any error logs, since I guess I had been force closing the program after it froze. Win7 pro, x64 (but using java 32 bit 6.22), behind a router firewall thats port forwarding properly, using Windows firewall, no AV guard running, none of this has been changed in the last few days, but the probably came out of the blue at the same time as it did for these guys.

But while I was having the same problems as this thread, it does seem to have stopped for now... are you guys still having this problem?

I'm also using MU non-premium, but I am using that now without problems, aside from the hosts I mentioned above, I forgot to mention I'm also using Fserv (awesome awesome host
Old 27.11.2010, 19:22
mysaturdayself

I don't see the error log file either.

I am running jdownloader 0.9.580, windows 7 x86. When the problem hits yesterday, immediate reaction is to update jdownloader and java. So java should be updated to latest version whatever that is.

thanks.
Old 27.11.2010, 20:34
melintir

actually this was happened to me the first time with a file from MU as well, I downloaded 10 files from MU around 400mb each except the last one which was 300mb something, and the problem hit me on that very last file. JD also freezed download from other hosts too when that particular download was active. I've managed to complete the file today and will try running download from other hosts to see if this is specific problem to MU, it seems to be fine now, will post again if the problem returned.
Old 27.11.2010, 20:48
chimpin

I'm experiencing the same problems in the last three days.

But I'm using:

Ubuntu 10.04

java -version:
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.2) (6b18-1.8.2-4ubuntu2)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 16.0-b13, mixed mode, sharing)

And Jdownloader 0.9.580

When this happened I was downloading from MU, Fileserve and FileSonic.
Old 27.11.2010, 22:03
Spalax

I started getting the exact same problem around 24 hours ago. JD would hang after being on for between five minutes and half an hour, and I'd have to force an exit.

On the basis of what's been written here I've disabled all my Megaupload files and I've had no problems for a couple of hours, so it looks like it's Megaupload that was making it crash.

I'm very relieved because I uninstalled both Java and JD and it didn't help, and was beginning to worry that I wasn't going to be able to use JDownloader again.
Old 27.11.2010, 23:35
z98

Ok, so it happened again after being good for about 15+ hours without a freeze up - and I was still using megaupload that whole time, still no idea why it froze... grr
Old 28.11.2010, 00:16
QuanYu

same here with me, JD just keep freezing up.....hope this issue will be resolve soon
Old 28.11.2010, 02:16
Sharro

Running Win 7 32b, I've turned off firewall, anti-virus and windows defender, same problems of others only with 5 sessions.

My usage should have an average of 5/10GB a day, after a few trials in the past I always quit using JDownloader, too heavy, buggy, but OK, I gave it another try, it looked great for a couple weeks (still heavy but...great) and now this ???

Back to 10/10 limited Downthemall...then I just need to turn off my AV, in the future I'll give it another try.

Great...but sad...please make it work...It's a great heavy piece of software

All the best,

Sharro
Old 28.11.2010, 04:25
GeoffMao

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 (I have enabled JDownloader as a trusted application) and I am also currently experiencing similar problems to those described.

I was also using MU to d/l some packages, but I have also tried to disable these to see if problems still occurred, which they did.

I hope this problem is resolved soon
Old 28.11.2010, 04:50
mysaturdayself

anyone know if there is a good alternative? I tried sever,, and have to say, jdownloader is the best there.. using browser downloads sounds a little bit stupid...
Old 28.11.2010, 07:05
reckone1999

i am running windows xp service pack 2, and this just came on tonight, i've been using without problem until this afternoon. here's how i describe the problem that's occuring.

if you turn on jdownloader, and it's not actively downloading, it's fine, if you turn it on and download, it starts to work and then freezes on the downloads, and after this happens, if you leave the jdownloader screen, i.e. minimize, or just go to an outside toggled screen, then you can't see the screen again and you have to use task manager to shut it down.

like you'll see jdownloader as a tab on the taskbar, and when you click it to maximize it, the screen flashes like it's going to bring up a new screen, but your screen doesn't change, it's just a lifeless screen of whatever you were just on. for instance if you are on a screen and there's anything that indicates progress, like utorrent for example, if it's moving every second indicating progress, when you try to bring up jdownloader, the screen will flash, but you'll still be looking at utorrent, but it won't update it just like a snapshot, and when you click the tab on the taskbar again to minimize jdownloader (even though it's not being displayed), then utorrent will be displayed properly upadating every second like normal.
Old 28.11.2010, 08:02
CuF

Same problem for the last couple days.
It's frozen while I'm shuffling files or using Linkgrabber, and sometimes when I'm leaving JDownloader alone to do its thing.

Can't pick anything specific happening when it occurs.
Win XP SP3 & Java 6 update 22.
Old 28.11.2010, 08:46
strikefred0m

Same problem at here for 3 days already. My PC spec is Win7 Pro 64 bits, java 6.17, download source from Megaupload (list of 200mb files). It happened after I started the download and have random occur rate from few minutes to few hours. It did happened on both jdownloader in screen or minimized. There is no way to terminate the frozen jdownloader as it will show up any GUI and need to used task manager to terminate its process.

Is there any solution to solve this problem so far?
Old 28.11.2010, 10:03
DarterBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckone1999 View Post
i am running windows xp service pack 2, and this just came on tonight, i've been using without problem until this afternoon. here's how i describe the problem that's occuring.

if you turn on jdownloader, and it's not actively downloading, it's fine, if you turn it on and download, it starts to work and then freezes on the downloads, and after this happens, if you leave the jdownloader screen, i.e. minimize, or just go to an outside toggled screen, then you can't see the screen again and you have to use task manager to shut it down.

like you'll see jdownloader as a tab on the taskbar, and when you click it to maximize it, the screen flashes like it's going to bring up a new screen, but your screen doesn't change, it's just a lifeless screen of whatever you were just on. for instance if you are on a screen and there's anything that indicates progress, like utorrent for example, if it's moving every second indicating progress, when you try to bring up jdownloader, the screen will flash, but you'll still be looking at utorrent, but it won't update it just like a snapshot, and when you click the tab on the taskbar again to minimize jdownloader (even though it's not being displayed), then utorrent will be displayed properly upadating every second like normal.
I forgot to give those details in my descriptions, but mine does the same. Also, I forgot to mention this because I thought it was unrelated. However, since this started at roughly the same time ... maybe it's helpful. I will have a DL running with say 40 files in it ... and a couple of them will come up saying lost connection ... or no connection. I just upgraded to 50 mps this past Monday, so I definitely have a connection. <lol> But this didn't start until after the upgrade. I didn't think much of it, cause it usually says wait 5 mins or so & then downloads with no problem. Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps to point to the cause of the problem.

MY status hasn't really changed. Sometimes it runs several hours before freezing ... sometimes an hour ... and sometimes like now ... maybe a minute or so is all I get before it freezes. <grrrr> I've tried blocking different hosts to see if that helps point to the culprit, but nothing helpful came of it.
Old 28.11.2010, 10:47
JD Manager

i need more information
1.) what do you mean with freeze?
1.1.) does jd no longer react? not downloading anymore? does gui not react but continue to download(check taskmanager,network)? is jd alive(you can check by enabling webinterface and see if you still can connect to it)?
1.2.) please start jd with windows_createlog.txt that will create a logfile in your jd folder. in case jd froze, then you can upload logfile and give us urls / or append it to post
2.) what hosts do you have in list? are mediafire/netload in it while that happens?
3.) please make sure NO dialog is hidden somewhere on screen, in that case it may block the gui and it may look like its froozen)?
4.) for experienced users: please try to provide threaddump information in frozen state
4.1.) you need to have jconsole installed(provided by java jdk) and start it, on the left you will see jdownloader running then. then there is a thread button/list, copy and paste all the list and post it here. it might be a deadlock causing this but for me to fix this i need such a threaddump.
Old 28.11.2010, 10:48
JD Manager

as the jd core hasnt been touched a very long time, i'm very sure about 4.) or 2.). so when i get all needed information this bug should be fixed very soon.

i'm sorry for all the problems with that bug.
Old 28.11.2010, 11:12
GeoffMao

To answer some of your questions (since I'm not an "experienced user" and don't understand some of what you're asking):
1) On my computer, when it freezes it simply doesn't respond and the whole interface goes to a solid grey. I can then minimize the window but then subsequently I can't restore it.
2) I did not have netload or mediafire in my list at the time. Only had hotfile, rapidshare and megaupload (and another time only RS and MU)
Old 28.11.2010, 13:03
Warrior7

Okay, freezes began last friday.

Just uninstall Java and install version 6 update 21. With last update (22) it freezes.

Hope I helped you.