JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 14.09.2011, 17:13
theledge

Default Abnormally Slow Download Speeds

Hi Everyone,

I am having an extremely troublesome problems regarding the download speeds when I use Jdownloader. I have premium accounts at filesonic and depositfiles yet the download speeds for all of these servers never go faster than 100kb/s.
Conversely when I use depositfiles with flashget, the speeds can reach up to 3mb/s so I am sure it is not a problem with my internet connection. I am using Jdownloader for FS as it is not (to my knowledge) compatible with flashget.
Could anyone suggest some changes to the settings of the program that I could make? I am aware of the parallel streams for downloading but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Jiaz; 15.09.2011 at 10:23.
Old 15.09.2011, 08:00
Legacy2

Try Downloading with a Proxy, Download HotSpotShiel , And Make your Jdownloader Maximum Connections 6 then Try Downloading with filesonic With jdownloader.

Just dont Close The Proxy Program , other Wise Jdownloader Is Going to Download Slow and You're Download is Going to Get Corrupted .

There is some problems with Filesonic and Fileserve When u try to download in Jdownloader , But try what i said , and see what the difference is .

Hope You Get it Sorted Out.

Mr.Legacy
Old 15.09.2011, 09:36
remi

@theledge

Check whether your accounts are OK, you've Enabled Premium Globally, and your links show the key icon in the Host column.

Having speed issues? read this!
Old 15.09.2011, 09:44
koz

I too am having the same problem.

Since yesterday, I start getting "Unexpected Rangeheader Format:null"... Switching to one connection resulted the speed of 198kb/s... Now it has fallen to 100kb/s. (Filesonic)

I don't have issues getting 20 connections on RS, maxing out my line.

Could this be related to Filesonic rather than JD??
Old 15.09.2011, 09:49
remi

If you don't like failed downloads and broken connections set "Max. Con." to 1 and increase "Max.Dls". More simultaneous downloads will maximise your download throughput. More connections will make your downloads slower, because jD doesn't support dynamic chunking.
Old 15.09.2011, 21:59
English Supporter

@Legacy2

I wouldn't say shared proxies are the answer to speed issues, if anything it could slow down downloads even more.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.09.2011, 22:36
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Wrong forum -->moved to General Bugreport.
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 17.09.2011, 00:40
koz

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If you don't like failed downloads and broken connections set "Max. Con." to 1 and increase "Max.Dls". More simultaneous downloads will maximise your download throughput. More connections will make your downloads slower, because jD doesn't support dynamic chunking.
Why would this start happening now?
I have never had this kind of issue before?
Either JD is broken or Filesonic?

Going from over 2mb/s to 100kb is a big issue; that's a normally 5 minute download taking nearly 2 hours... Something, somewhere must have happened, right?

Downloading more files concurrently isn't always a realistic alternative...
Old 17.09.2011, 01:40
English Supporter

speeds vary, it's usually hoster related and not jdownloader. Hosters have many servers in many different data centers speeds can vary greatly. Also software can auto update (firewall/antivirus) and turn on new features like live http scanning which can slow speeds down also for example.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.09.2011, 09:52
remi

@koz

Read my post #3.
Old 19.09.2011, 12:03
smtp25

Quote:
Originally Posted by koz View Post
Why would this start happening now?
I have never had this kind of issue before?
Either JD is broken or Filesonic?

Going from over 2mb/s to 100kb is a big issue; that's a normally 5 minute download taking nearly 2 hours... Something, somewhere must have happened, right?

Downloading more files concurrently isn't always a realistic alternative...
I have exact same problem and symptoms - I can only get 150<200Kb from Filesonic or Fileserve - happens with Jdownloader and Internet Download Manager. Before I could get 2mb/s all the time.

now I can 'sometimes' get 2mb with fileserve, never with filesonic but its pretty rare that it works at speed anymore.
Old 19.09.2011, 12:15
remi

If you get the same speed with different tools then it can't be jD's fault.

I suppose your ISP or FSc are limiting your speed.
Old 19.09.2011, 13:40
bigfoot

i have the same problem , started few days ago.
i have a premium accounts at rapidshare and filesonic and the speed (that used to be 1 MB for my 12MB connection) dropped to <100 KB for all download, from all sites, for all the premium accounts i have, to all the files i try to D/L.
IN OTHER WORDS -THERE'S A PROBLEM!
now, who can solve it... ?
Old 19.09.2011, 13:50
remi

jD can solve it if the speed of jD's downloads would be considerably slower than those with other tools.

Please read my post #3.
Old 19.09.2011, 19:21
bigfoot

Hi,
I read the link in post #3 and followed every way (firewall, router, TCP in my WIN 7). i even reinstalled JD. then i tried to D/L only rapidshare , like you said (1 connection, 1 download only) and the result is this : rapidshare works without a problem. oron and filesonic all D/L at < 100 KB. any suggestions ?
Old 20.09.2011, 09:29
remi

Cool

If you want an explanation why some hosts are faster than others at a given moment in time then that's determined by several factors. These hosts might have more bandwidth for free loaders when there are less downloads. Some might have more infrastructure or their servers are geographically closer to you.

This is all independent of jD.
Old 20.09.2011, 10:54
smtp25

Quote:
jD can solve it if the speed of jD's downloads would be considerably slower than those with other tools.

Please read my post #3.
I don't blame JD .. and its not a JD issue as I say I get the same problem with IDM (internet download manager). This is just the only Recent thread I have found when googling. its constant 150kb instead of old 2mb/s.

BUT there seems to be a common problem at the moment with premium logins on sites - I know Fileserve and Filesonic both updated their API's recently.

What country are you from? What ISP? I'm from NZ on telecom.

If you have a fileserve account try the offical fileserve download manager from their site I can get full speed off that now - but not with other download managers.
Old 20.09.2011, 11:24
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtp25 View Post
If you have a fileserve account try the offical fileserve download manager from their site I can get full speed off that now - but not with other download managers.
If that's true then they probably changed their API again.
Old 20.09.2011, 18:51
bigfoot

im in taiwan and im using hoshin multimedia center inc.
i have a filesonic prieum and they recommend JD! that's why i wrote here to begin with.
Old 21.09.2011, 06:21
smtp25

Quote:
If that's true then they probably changed their API again.
Flaw in my workaround - the fileserve downloader is junk, when downloading backups of movies/epsiodes it looks like the multiple/streams connections are downloadign the same stuff. If you want an episode after say the 8th minute it starts again - like the fileserve downloader has concated the same sections together