JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 10.02.2012, 02:25
cwb449

Default No Permissions to write to hard disk????

I don't know why and it's NEVER happened before, but I get this every time I try to download anything! I've tried everything I can to fix the problem but to no avail.

It starts to download just fine but after about 2 to 5 minutes I start getting this notice "No Permissions to write to hard disk"

Last edited by Jiaz; 10.02.2012 at 09:40.
Old 10.02.2012, 02:27
cwb449

Then it takes for ever to download even with a Premium account
Old 10.02.2012, 04:47
English Supporter

Check your AV/FW, permit java and javaw, disable web scanner.
Old 10.02.2012, 09:40
JD Manager

please provide a logfile
http://support.jdownloader.org/index...&kbarticleid=8
what firewall/av do you have?
Old 10.02.2012, 14:18
cwb449

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Check your AV/FW, permit java and javaw, disable web scanner.
Tony, now that I think about it I've never had this problem until I installed AVG Internet Security 2012.

If this is the problem, how can I fix this?

Thanks for the input.
Old 10.02.2012, 14:42
English Supporter

avg is known to cause issues, make sure you have exemptions for java.exe javaw.exe and jdownloader.exe . They also have web/link scanner which you will need to configure or disable.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.02.2012, 14:44
Polish Supporter

Check this:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=33918
and this
_**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by editestowy; 10.02.2012 at 21:51.
Old 13.02.2012, 16:49
Baby Loader

I am now getting this issue. It just started yesterday. Nothing has changed on my computer that I am aware of. I'm using AVG free 2012, default windows firewall. The downloads start, work for some time then stop giving me failed permission to write to hdd. I tried uploading the log file like suggested in another thread but I am behind a company firewall as well so I think that is blocking it. I uploaded my log file to RS **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 13.02.2012, 16:51
JD Manager

disable the linkchecker and or set max connections to 1
Old 13.02.2012, 17:02
Baby Loader

I do not have the linkchecker module installed. It complicated my life with other programs in the past. Max connections in JD is already set to 1
Old 13.02.2012, 17:32
JD Manager

very bad https issues. those can be caused by buggy rs server or firewall/av on your side.
i would suggest to remove firewall/av, reboot and try again.
if it sill causes issues, please provide a new logfile with more failing downloads in it
Old 13.02.2012, 20:38
Baby Loader

I appreciate the help so far, so don't take this the wrong way but blaming https issues is just wrong.... server side or connection between should not kick back a client application error of permission to write to hard disk unless the programmers have a grudge against someone trying to support the application :p

I did although completely uninstall the free version of AVG 2012, reboot and it still happens. I've uploaded the log of it happening again after the removal of AVG. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Once it has errored, it moves to the next download. Once I notice that it has happened, I can manually enable it, stop the download queue, start it again and it will resume until it errors. I can repeat this till I finish the download(s) but it is frustrating.
Old 14.02.2012, 01:37
Baby Loader

happened a few more times. updated logs

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 14.02.2012, 09:35
Polish Supporter

First you've got:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly - server side error (server terminating the connection)
Then this leads to
error occurred while writing to file. SSL peer shut down incorrectly
And finally:
ErrorMessage: No permissions to write to hard disk

This may be some problem with router and SSL connection, also someone reported that this error was because bad proxy (maybe your ISP uses some kind of proxy?)
BTW - if you're downloading from other services (which do not use SSL) - you've got the same error?

Anyway - wait for developer for final opinion, maybe some TeamViewer session...
Old 14.02.2012, 12:20
JD Manager

its the buggy https server/connection.
all IO errors on jd side get the same message *could not write to hard disk*....

i guess some firewall/transparent proxy/isp issue
because this
jd.http.Browser$BrowserException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://ipcheck0.jdownloader.org

403 on this url is impossible, so something must intercept your traffic!
Old 14.02.2012, 16:35
Baby Loader

Well I know I am behind a firewall that has many ports blocked both ingress and egress, that part was all to apparent soon after I got on this network but I am still fairly sure that specific piece of it is not to blame. The transparent proxy I am unsure of. I found **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** and based off that I am not behind a transparent proxy but I am sure that some form of web filtering is happening. I just don't know how and why it is impacting me like this.
Old 14.02.2012, 19:51
JD Manager

my guess is that the transparent proxy has problems with https connections/closing them.
it can be server issue or combination of https+transparent proxy.
any change you can try without the transaprent proxy?
Old 14.02.2012, 22:18
Baby Loader

I could try using a SSH tunnel but I have to use port 443 for the tunnel so I'm unsure if that will be worth trying.

edit*
I thought about starting a scheduler task to run every 30 minutes or so to stop downloading, enable any failed downloads and then resume the download queue again. It does not look like the scheduler addon allows that type of control. Is it possible to do this some other way? Maybe a script? but the only places I saw that allows scripting, don't seem like it could apply for this.

I let my queue run last night with several items to download. They all stopped/broke/failed at 62mb +/-500k. With that kind of consistency, I am starting to think it's by design some how(the proxy i must be going through), and really could use a way to automate the re-enabling of these failed downloads and restart the download queue.

Last edited by Think3r; 03.03.2012 at 18:35.
Old 03.03.2012, 18:20
dmaxi68

I made some experience with this. I have an iMac with Lion Installed. If I try to limit the download speed some files currently stops downloading displaying "No permissions to write to disk".
As soon I change speed to "0" again (No limits), after restarting the failed downloads everything goes fine.
I can repeat the problem, it is more easy to repeat with Fileserve. With other servers I have to reduce the speed a lot to obtain the failure.-

For your information, I have installed the Java runtime and not what Apple named "Java environment" coming embedded in OS X. So Jdownloader or others like Vuze are running flawlessly.

Bye!

EDIT by Think3r: Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by Think3r; 03.03.2012 at 18:47.
Old 04.03.2012, 05:38
Newbiee

I've tried the suggestion. But the problem still occurs.
I've been experiencing the same problem eversince the last update occured on my JDL. I've been trying all the suggested answers.
Lower my concurent downloads and connections (even to only 1 connection with 1 download), make the speed to "0" (unlimited), by pass anti virus, passthrough firewall, everything, but the problem still persists. After downloading for awhile, then it stops, and keeps saying "No permission to write to harddisk".

What makes me wonder whether it's a bug in JDL, is that:
1. It never occured before, not after the last update. And now it happens to ALL filehosting I subscribe (I have 9 premium subscription from 9 different file hosting).
2. I use 3 differnt AV/Firewall, Norton, Kaspersky, and Trend Micro. And it happens to all of those AV/Firewall.
3. To make it more confusing, my downloads never have problems if I'm using other download manager tools, such as Orbit, Down Them All, and FlashGet. I can download with no problem at all.

Does it JDL bugs? I don't know. I've been using JDL for almost 5 years now. And I really, really, really love this tool. I hope somebody could help fix this problem.
Closed Thread