JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 20.10.2013, 12:41
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark909 View Post
What?
I mean, make a Upgrade from JD 0.9 to JD2 beta.
Not a new Installation of JD2 Beta. Before you are doing a Upgrade, make a Backup from your curent Version of JD.
Old 20.10.2013, 14:52
mortiis

well i have the same problem as others since the last update in Jdownloader well i guess you have to solve this problem as alot of users complain about it since the last update its not just one user who is facing it so please try to fix this issue i can't use the program at all since last update :(
please consider trying to fix this problem and don't ignore our request instead of doing nothing......
Old 20.10.2013, 15:25
Vacuum Cleaner

Got the same freezes as everyone on OSX 10.8.5.
I downgraded JD through Timemachine to a version from 10.17.13.
Even with the latest Javaupdate through the MAS it runs fine as its used to be, so the problem definitely came with one of JDs updates and not the java version as suggested...

To get the older version to NOT update you must check "dont inform me about important updates" and uncheck "webupdate: start automatically". Working fine for me so far.

I hope this gets fixed quick never had problems with JD, until this problem i thought it was the best java software i've known.

Best Regards

EDIT: For the first start to edit the settings you must disable your internet connection.

Last edited by Daniel052; 20.10.2013 at 15:30.
Old 20.10.2013, 15:27
pulsar68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus:org View Post
Hi Pulsar,
Java 7 is for Lion/Mountain Lion and not for Snowleopard, therefore not possible to install at least for me.
I know but for those, like me, that are under 10.8.5 the Java update solved my issues with JD.
Sorry but I can't help you about Snow Leopard.
Hoping for a fix.
Old 20.10.2013, 15:55
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar68 View Post
I know but for those, like me, that are under 10.8.5 the Java update solved my issues with JD.
Sorry but I can't help you about Snow Leopard.
Hoping for a fix.
The newest Java 1.7 update may fix the problem for some, but it ultimately came from JDs updates, because the older JD version is working with latest Java 1.6 update from Apple...

Best Regards
Old 20.10.2013, 16:03
pulsar68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel052 View Post
The newest Java 1.7 update may fix the problem for some, but it ultimately came from JDs updates, because the older JD version is working with latest Java 1.6 update from Apple...

Best Regards
Of course, I also think that there's something wrong with the latest JD's updates...
Old 20.10.2013, 16:08
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar68 View Post
Of course, I also think that there's something wrong with the latest JD updates...
I'm guessing the latest Java 1.7 update has some form of error correction or catching that the latest 1.6 hasnt, so it prevents the error to happen.

But i dont want to give up the automatic java update through MAS, and replacing it by one of oracles auto updating mechanisms, i'm quite sceptical against oracle if you know what i mean
Old 20.10.2013, 16:23
pulsar68

Quote:
I'm guessing the latest Java 1.7 update has some form of error correction or catching that the latest 1.6 hasnt, so it prevents the error to happen.

But i dont want to give up the automatic java update through MAS, and replacing it by one of oracles auto updating mechanisms, i'm quite sceptical against oracle if you know what i mean :biggrin:
I know exactly what you mean and I totally agree with you
Old 20.10.2013, 18:15
Modem User

I have the same problem with JD freezing after the last updates. I have an iMac late 2013 with MacOS X 10.8.5. Until then it worked without any problem even after the recent Java 1.6 update by Apple. So I think the problem is with JD, not Java.

I solved the issue by installing JD 2 beta. It works quite well on Java 1.7. I hope the final version of JD 2 will be released soon as it represents a huge improvement.
Old 20.10.2013, 19:36
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
I mean, make a Upgrade from JD 0.9 to JD2 beta.
Not a new Installation of JD2 Beta. Before you are doing a Upgrade, make a Backup from your curent Version of JD.
OK, how do you upgrade from JD 0.9 to JD2?

And what are the system requirements for JD2? If it needs Java 1.7 then many of us won't be able to do that.

I'm currently running a version of JD from before 30 August, although I would rather run the latest version before 18 October when it broke.

From what I can tell, no one on OS X running 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 can run the latest version.

So the developers need to do two things:

1. Put up the last version of JD before it broke. Which should be easy enough, and should have been done already.

2. Fix whatever they broke with the latest release.

In the meanwhile, this seems to work:

1. Install a version of JD released before 18 October 2013.
2. Turn off the internet. Go to Network in System Preferences, or unplug your modem and turn off WiFi.
3. Start JD.
4. Check "don't inform me about important updates" and uncheck "web update: start automatically".
5. Turn the internet back on.
Old 20.10.2013, 21:42
Linus:org

hi mark,
can you pls post a private msg where to get this version from august? right now now luck for me.
Sorry to bother you, but this bug really sucks
Old 21.10.2013, 00:25
mark909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus:org View Post
hi mark,
can you pls post a private msg where to get this version from august? right now now luck for me.
Sorry to bother you, but this bug really sucks
No bother. I agree it sucks. Do you have a Time Machine or other back-up from before Friday?

I got it from my own back-up drive. While I back-up data more frequently, the last time I cloned the entire start-up drive was back in August.

According to the changelog it looks like we've been on version .9581 since at least 18 May 2012

It also looks like the log has some huge gaps and hasn't been updated since July of last year

I've been looking for the official repository, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know?

I found this site, jdownloader (dot) en (dot) uptodown (dot) com/old which seems to have a version from August but I haven't tried it.

This whole situation just seems very odd, especially that none of the developers have said anything

Last edited by mark909; 21.10.2013 at 00:27.
Old 21.10.2013, 01:11
Vacuum Cleaner

JD 0.9581 is from 2012 or even 2011, since then the basic things havent changed, they only updated the plugins.
Maybe they want to focus more on the JD2 beta.

For me personally the old JD is far better, the new JD2 is dumbed down to a point were it misses important features or they need far more scrolling/clicking work to get things done.
Old 21.10.2013, 01:12
maxang

Quote:

In the meanwhile, this seems to work:

1. Install a version of JD released before 18 October 2013.
2. Turn off the internet. Go to Network in System Preferences, or unplug your modem and turn off WiFi.
3. Start JD.
4. Check "don't inform me about important updates" and uncheck "web update: start automatically".
5. Turn the internet back on.
I tried this, but updates occured anyway :-@

So I prevented JD to phone home with Little Snitch and it seems to work now : no more freezes at the moment.

=> I run JD 0.9.581 but without any updates...
Old 21.10.2013, 01:17
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxang View Post
I tried this, but updates occured anyway :-@

So I prevented JD to phone home with Little Snitch and it seems to work now : no more freezes at the moment.

=> I run JD 0.9.581 but without any updates...
You may need to restart JD every time you change important settings.
I restarted it when internet was disabled, changed the two settings, quit, enabled internet, started JD.
Old 21.10.2013, 01:58
maxang

Quote:
You may need to restart JD every time you change important settings.
I restarted it when internet was disabled, changed the two settings, quit, enabled internet, started JD.
This method seems to work too...

Anyway JD now seems to work with 1229 pending updates.

Now the question is : how does it works without these updates ? (at least) one of them is certainly crippling, but the others are useful
Old 21.10.2013, 05:51
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
This whole situation just seems very odd, especially that none of the developers have said anything
I also prefer communication from developers on things like this but it's not unusual. There is currently an bug in the latest version of Android that makes it so a lot of people can no longer use their Bluetooth keyboards and Google has not responded to a large thread about it on their site for weeks. If a huge well-financed company like Google can't respond in a timely manner to something like that, my expectations of JDownloader's developer talking to us immediately about what's going on are a little more relaxed, as frustrating as this problem is.
Old 21.10.2013, 10:53
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco Talwain View Post
I also prefer communication from developers on things like this but it's not unusual. There is currently an bug in the latest version of Android that makes it so a lot of people can no longer use their Bluetooth keyboards and Google has not responded to a large thread about it on their site for weeks. If a huge well-financed company like Google can't respond in a timely manner to something like that, my expectations of JDownloader's developer talking to us immediately about what's going on are a little more relaxed, as frustrating as this problem is.
Kinda bad example, 1 feature not working that very few are using against a critical bug that kills the whole program in seconds...
Old 21.10.2013, 12:22
English Supporter

please close any jdownloader processes still running (java|javaw)

and start jdupdate.jar from the installation directory.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 21.10.2013 at 12:27.
Old 21.10.2013, 15:50
azocarbo

Quote:
I found this site, jdownloader (dot) en (dot) uptodown (dot) com/old which seems to have a version from August but I haven't tried it.
That site only showed Windows versions unless I am missing something.