JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.08.2009, 10:49
dexkid

Default No permission to write to disk error

Hi,

I have jDownloader v7.569 with firefox 3.5.2 flashgot 1.2.0.2. I have a rapidshare premium account. While downloading files, I keep getting "No permission to write to file" error mostly when the files are in 90% range.
This is not consistent and i am unable to find a particular reason for this.

I have gone through other threads in this forum and have tried to set my max connections to 1 and max dw to 3. This still doesn't help and its frustrating as each time I have to reset and download again.

Please check out this problem and resolve at the earliest as this affects the basic functionality of jDownloader.

Last edited by Jiaz; 15.11.2009 at 15:49.
Old 30.08.2009, 12:54
Serag4000

Arrow Disk Space Problem

Naturally I get this message when JD don't find enough space at the destination drive to write down the file it's downloading, so, are you sure there is enough disk space ? is there any other active program that may be messing with your HDD ?
Old 30.08.2009, 13:01
dexkid

No i don't have any disk space problems. I forgot to mention that in my post. I don't see any other program accessing the same space while downloading.
Old 30.08.2009, 14:37
remi

Cool

Typical recommendations when this happens, are :-

- use less chunks
- allow java.exe, javaw.exe and jDownloader in your firewall
- unstable internet connection, contact you ISP
- reboot PC
- uninstall/re-install firewall
- uninstall/re-install virus scanner
- torrent client using too many connections
- uninstall JRE (java) and re-install latest JRE version
Old 30.08.2009, 17:46
JD Manager

we need a logfile!
Old 30.08.2009, 20:00
dexkid

Default Log file + screenshot in zip

Hi Jiaz,

Please find the logfile and the screen shot (you may need to zoom in on the screen shot) inside the zip file attached. See I have 2 chunks per file going on with 3 files at a time and I am still getting this error message. I have 125 GB free space on that drive. So no question of less disk space.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: zip no_permission_dexkid.zip (93.6 KB, 520 views)
Old 30.08.2009, 21:05
JD Manager

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
could be
Instable Connection, Firewall, Virusscanner
Old 30.08.2009, 21:55
dexkid

It can't be firewall or virus scanner. Regarding unstable IP connection, I have a broadband service, providing 24 x 7 connectivity.

If this is the culprit, how do I ensure that I have a stable connection ?
Or is it up to my ISP ?
Old 31.08.2009, 00:53
JD Manager

of course it can be firewall
many firewalls can act weird from one moment to another if not setup correct.
Old 31.08.2009, 07:21
Kilack

I keep getting this annoying error daily also, I used to use several other downloaders before coming to jdownloader and never experienced this error.
I try enabling, resuming, always the same error, only way seems to be to reset it. There is definitely something wrong. I have no firewall, no virus scanner, a stable internet connection, and even if it isn't stable, why would that cause problems resuming the thing? the only way seems to be to reset and start from scratch...

im running .8.129 on windows server 2003..
Attached Files
File Type: zip jdownloader.zip (1.3 KB, 372 views)
Old 31.08.2009, 21:35
rkaye

Add me to the list, I'm getting the same message.

It is definitely not filespace, I have the better part of 1tb free. furthermore, if i have the Max Dls. set >1, one file will get stuck, and the others will merrily continue writing to disk.

It is definitely not the anti-virus (i've had my anti-virus stop a 'write to disk' before, and it's always at 99% -- this problem occurs well before 99%, and besides, there is no log entry in my anti-virus about stopping anything at that time).

It is definitely not the firewall, since I don't run one.

It could be a timeout/ISP error -- although if that is the case, I would think that JD would be able to resume -- it can not... Pressing 'stop' fills the "stopping current downloads" bar and it sits there full - it never completes the stop command. as such, if we click File, Restart, JD restarts, but when we restart these files are unable to continue where they left off. they need to be right-click reset (delete the partial download), then right-click resume. (so they will start again from the beginning) -- Resetting and resuming fixes the problem and they seem to download fine after doing this.

What does JD code do when presented with a timeout/ISP connection issue? What does JD code do when asked to 'stop all running downloads' and is unable to?

Can we change JD behavior so that it an ISP timeout does not hang current downloads? Is it possible to keep the partial file up to the last successful chunk so that a reset will resume the download? Can we put a timer in the 'stop all current downloads' so that if it exceeds a set amount of time (?30seconds?) that it will kill the stop process? If the stop process times out, it'd be nice if JD would keep the partial files instead of marking them as corrupt.
Old 01.09.2009, 10:56
remi

Cool

This is a very old problem that hasn't been solved yet.

I found another potential solution to the problem :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by search4bp View Post
interesting is also that I got last night one package with the "cannot write to hard disk" error, the file had the "part" extension and was obviously complete, so I deleted the "part" extension and the file unpacked without any flaw...
I would like to repeat and stress some of the previous solutions recommended in this forum :-

- A properly configured reconnect

- A properly configured firewall means that jdownloader.exe, java.exe and javaw.exe are excluded. Also nod32 and some other firewalls need to be configured properly. Even if you think you haven't a firewall, Windoze customers still have a Windoze firewall.

- Disable http/web scanners, whatever that means.

Also slow lines with wrong jD configuration settings (too many parallel downloades, too many connections) could mean trouble.
Old 01.09.2009, 20:16
Kilack

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
This is a very old problem that hasn't been solved yet.

I found another potential solution to the problem :-

I would like to repeat and stress some of the previous solutions recommended in this forum :-

- A properly configured reconnect

- A properly configured firewall means that jdownloader.exe, java.exe and javaw.exe are excluded. Also nod32 and some other firewalls need to be configured properly. Even if you think you haven't a firewall, Windoze customers still have a Windoze firewall.

- Disable http/web scanners, whatever that means.

Also slow lines with wrong jD configuration settings (too many parallel downloades, too many connections) could mean trouble.
Yes, guess we are waiting for it to be fixed.
None of the above apply to me yet I get this error daily.
Anyway hopefully they will find the fault sometime and fix it
Old 01.09.2009, 22:06
JD Manager

Connection Reset and such things. are NOT a JD problem!! this is not in our hands...these are 100% issues caused by something else (most times by wrong configured firewalls)
Old 01.09.2009, 22:48
rkaye

I agrees that isp issues (timeouts, connection resets, etc) are not a JD problem. However, if JD's purpose is to automate downloading, and isp issues prevent successful downloads, I think there is a case to wite some additional code to add functionality.

maybe to see if a download is perpetually stalled, and to do something about it?
Old 01.09.2009, 22:54
Kilack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Connection Reset and such things. are NOT a JD problem!! this is not in our hands...these are 100% issues caused by something else (most times by wrong configured firewalls)
Hi,

Thanks for replying but that doesn't really help me understand in my situation.
I am running win 2003, it doesn't have a firewall. In windows 2003 you actually have to install the windows firewall, it isnt bundled like xp etc. This isn't installed I just checked.

I don't have any AV software on it.
The network is perfectly configured.

Also, why does this happen when it gets to about 90% all the time on a file?
I could understand what you are saying above if it happened all the time but it seems funny that its random and never at the start of a file.
If i reset the same file it will come down perfectly, from the same server etc so that makes no sense at all.

I can use other download software like IDM and never have this problem.
If I can reset the file in Jdownloader and it comes down perfectly then why is jdownloader unable to resume the thing?
Old 02.09.2009, 12:56
remi

Cool

Note that not all downloads can be resumed.

What file hoster(s) are you talking about? Are you using a premium account?
Old 02.09.2009, 19:49
Kilack

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Note that not all downloads can be resumed.

What file hoster(s) are you talking about? Are you using a premium account?
i realise that, they are hotfile/RS and MU accounts, I have premium accounts with all of them.
They can definitely be resumed.
Old 03.09.2009, 12:34
updown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaye View Post
I agrees that isp issues (timeouts, connection resets, etc) are not a JD problem. However, if JD's purpose is to automate downloading, and isp issues prevent successful downloads, I think there is a case to wite some additional code to add functionality.

maybe to see if a download is perpetually stalled, and to do something about it?
Absolutely. I've been getting the same error message lately and it's all but crippled my RS downloads. See this. I suspect it might be RS trying to jerk off freeloaders by intermittently cutting off our downloads.

Anyway this needs to be resolved so that JDownloader may be useful again. As of now I've reverted to Firefox for Rapidshare, as it offers the most stable downloading by not cutting off any download without warning.

Another good thing about using Firefox for RS is the drop down menu selection to pick the best server for download. With JDownloader I find that it always seems to fail to select the fastest server.

Last edited by updown; 03.09.2009 at 12:37.
Old 03.09.2009, 12:52
remi

Cool

I'm a freeloader for all the hosters I've ever used.

RS is working in v.0.4, v.0.5 and this week I tested v.0.7 and it worked there as well. It means that the RS plug-in is one of the most stable ones.

It's an annoying problem you have, but if you follow the recommendations in this thread, you should be able to solve your problem.

If you can't, send a bug report with detailed logs.