JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 06.06.2012, 20:59
English Supporter

Already available as a beta

JDownloader 2 install instructions and download link http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.06.2012, 21:02
enerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Already available as a beta

JDownloader 2 install instructions and download link http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=37365
Thanks will try it...
Old 27.08.2012, 15:15
kal

Hi!

I am experiencing the same problem of 'No permission to write to Hard Disk' even though I so have plenty of space available.

Here's the log file.
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/93591
Due to the download links being in a dlc file, I can't seem to extract them out and paste them here :/ I can point to where it can be gotten from though if it's needed to diagnose the problem.

Hope someone can help me regarding this?

Thanks!
Old 27.08.2012, 15:43
JD Manager

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
overloaded rapidgator service, known issue at their side
Old 27.08.2012, 18:16
kal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
overloaded rapidgator service, known issue at their side
Ohh, so there's nothing that can be done about it then I guess since the issue is with rapidgator?

I also seem to be having the same problem of download quota being reached for multiple services despite not having downloaded from them before on that day or previously for that matter (letitbit, hotfile, depositfiles etc). The download doesn't even initiate or if it does, it only downloads a few kb before 'hanging' and then giving the error of 'no permission to write on hard disk'.

Here's the log file:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/93610

2 of the download files that I was trying to get had a direct link as opposed to the dlc files usually used so I am pasting them here.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks for replying!:)
Old 10.10.2012, 15:25
noisywan

Default no permission to write to hard disk

I'm having the same issue downloading from Youtube.
I think it's neither related to antivirus nor host site.

4 weeks ago I downloaded ~2500 files worth ~35 GB (JustForLAugh clips. I recommend it to all) from Youtube without a single `no permission to write to hard disk` error.
Jdownloader was skipping some downloads with the error message `plugin error` just like it does now with a different error message. When you `enable` the stopped downloads, they resume without problem.
Only problem is you can't have your files when the computer is left unattended. Auto-shutdown also does not trigger.

I assume they just made an update and changed the error message instead of fixing the bug.

update:
I found this solution on another forum posted by Timepink

"Go to the file's folder properties and uncheck "Reading only" for that folder and every other folder inside that one (if applicable). Click "apply", go back to JDownloader and click to resume the download (and activate too, if necessary). That worked for me ;-)"

Last edited by noisywan; 10.10.2012 at 15:41.
Old 19.12.2012, 12:17
lxrocks

Default no permissions to write to hard disk

This sounds very much like a Jdownloader bug. I have experienced the problem with different hosts. The error just suddenly appears after downloading at least 80% of the file.

Given that this is not a permissions or space issue, I would guess the error message is misleading to the actual problem.

It seems that this thread is pretty old, so the problem has been around for some time. I am running on a MAC , ML. Other folk are experiencing this on Windows.

Is there a way to turn on some extra debug info - I dont' see the errors reflected in the error_log
Old 04.06.2014, 02:32
cooljoebay
Message deleted by raztoki. Reason: old thread == solved
Closed Thread