JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 24.10.2009, 23:19
Baby Loader

Default AVG Antivirus Link Scanner makes Jdownloader unusable (CRC errors)

Hello,

I've suddenly experienced a general failure with Jdownloader downloads. Every file I tried to download from MegaUpload or RapidShare finish with CRC error. Downloading the same files manually with Firefox is correct.

Fortunately the only change I made before this problem starts happening was upgrading AVG antivirus Free from 8.5 to 9.0 so it was easy to test if it causes this mess. When I uninstall AVG Free 9.0, Jdownloader starts to download files correctly again. So, as AVG Free 8.5 doesn't break Jdownloader (I used them together since a long time), the new AVG Free 9.0 makes it simply unusable...

BTW: I'm using Windows XP SP3.

Best regards.

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.10.2009 at 23:32.
Old 24.10.2009, 23:32
JD Manager

thanks for information, yes other users also confirm this.

maybe adding java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list might help?
Old 25.10.2009, 00:45
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
maybe adding java.exe and javaw.exe to the exclude list might help?
No, the problem should be in the AVG Network Inspector module, not in the Antivirus module. After a little test I've found an easy workaround: just disable "Link Scanner" feature of AVG.

IMHO it's not an AVG critical feature. I've made a little manual of "how to disable Link Scanner", for dummies:

Now JDownloader works again

If you want to be not warned about the fact that "Link Scanner" is disabled click "Tools" and then "Advanced settings...":

Hope it helps.

Best regards.
Old 03.11.2009, 22:58
Black Hole

Ist ja schon gefixt :D
Gut :D
Old 29.12.2009, 16:08
zazouland

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprietog View Post
No, the problem should be in the AVG Network Inspector module, not in the Antivirus module. After a little test I've found an easy workaround: just disable "Link Scanner" feature of AVG.Hope it helps.
I have tried that before with AVG Free v9 and it didn't work. A bit better in v.8.5 which I reverted to. javaw.exe and java.exe were already in the Windows firewall exclude list.

I'm still getting very patchy functioning in latest JD using premium RS account; it works at full speed for a few 200MB files and then downloads trickle down to a very slow mode. Max con. & Max. Dls. both set to 3. Used to be 8 a few months back and worked like a charm.

ADDED: I'm running JD -xmas- v0.9.579 (fully reinstalled) with the latest java under Win XP SP3 (recently fully repaired) on a Q6600 with 4GB RAM. I am saving files to a D-Link DNS-323 NAS with 2x1.5TB drives in RAID 1 on a gigabit network with jumbo frames set to 9000. Used to work fine before...

ADDED: Now I get a few minutes of full speed transfer (1MB/s) and then it's down to approx. 300kB/s for an hour or more. During that time JD GUI is very slow or do not respond at all. Then, suddenly, after a while, it returns to life.

Looking for a solution...

Last edited by zazouland; 29.12.2009 at 16:33.
Old 29.12.2009, 20:19
zazouland

Check this other thread which is similar in nature:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=12397
Old 12.06.2010, 19:03
dE_logics

Oh yes, there's another solution, buy ANOTHER expensive 'anti-virus' for your windows OS.
Old 16.06.2010, 18:32
corrine89

Oh yes, there's another solution, buy **External links are only visible to Support Staff**ANOTHER ANTIVIRUS for your windows OS.
this should do it
Old 27.06.2010, 14:37
Labelle
Message deleted by Think3r. Reason: Lol / OMG
Closed Thread