JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.02.2022, 18:26
Baby Loader

Post Can not bulk remove .m4a and .jpg files from Downloads?

Hello,

i have added Youtube playlist containing 80 items, i forgot that unlike youtube-dl the jDownloader possibly does not merge these files keeping just videos. So on Link grabber tab, right sidebar i have not un-ticked the .jpg and audio files.

Now on Downloads tab i am unable to find how to do that task. And also i am unable to find out how to copy the links to link grabber, so i had to let it examine playlist again which takes like maybe 2 minute.
Old 19.02.2022, 04:49
English Supporter

Have you configured ? settings > plugins > youtube

if you have added the videos within session components can be cached so adding them additional times will happen faster.

there is no side panel in download tab, we did briefly have one when developing but it consumed too much space and bogged download tab down performance wise, so was removed.

if you'd like to have your own defined packagename you can merge in linkgrabber also,
but you can add links via the add links dialog and define that before vs post.

at this time you can not copy links back from download tab to linkgrabber. pending ticket but honestly I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.02.2022, 18:04
Baby Loader

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Have you configured ? settings > plugins > youtube
Thanks, No, I think that it is not practical to disable this way and then being unable to download later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
at this time you can not copy links back from download tab to linkgrabber. pending ticket but honestly I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Thank you, let's hope.

Btw. downloading .jpg images, m4a files and the video by default is stupid. When user want to playlist of videos, he wants a videos, not each video in its folder + image and audio files. Weird it is like this by default.
Old 03.03.2022, 15:00
JD Manager

@wdc: you can easily use the search bar at bottom and mass search/select/delete the jpg and other files. You can either use normal search or full blown regex search when enabling it in Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.filterregex
Old 03.03.2022, 15:01
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc View Post
When user want to playlist of videos, he wants a videos, not each video in its folder + image and audio files. Weird it is like this by default.
That's your opinion. Others might more interested in audio only or maybe video + subtitle.
You can't make it right for everyone. Leave away defaults you have to explain them how to enable something. Others want less and you have to explain to disable something.
Old 04.03.2022, 11:32
Baby Loader

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
use the search bar
No, when i type mp4, items turns green, when i right click and select removal, only one item is removed. So it does not work or not enough intuitively.
Old 04.03.2022, 12:06
JD Manager

It turns green to signal that you see a filtered view and not the complete list.
and you should explicit search for file extension, eg .mp4 and then can mass select them either via mouse or CTRL+A or other methods and delete them/many at once