JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 04.08.2018, 13:39
Storm

Default Unable to download at night

For the last 4 days I have been unable to download during the hours of 11pm to 7am. This just happens to be the hours that my ISP allows unlimited bandwidth at 50 MB/s.

I have JD configured to automatically begin downloading at 23:15 and to stop at 06:59. This has always worked in the past.

Yesterday, during the daytime, I was able to download using my other ISP but only at an average of 40 to 60 KB/s.

The only changes that have been made in the last week are a driver update to Killer Control Center however, this shows JD as having unlimited download speed.

Logs are included. Any suggestion on how I can fix this would be most appreciated.

Spoiler:
03.08.18 09.07.40 <--> 02.08.18 19.11.27 jdlog://4266164433151/
Old 06.08.2018, 16:17
JD Manager

I can only see network errors to 1fichier.
Readtimeout and SSL peer shut down incorrectly

I can't tell if those are caused by ISP or "Killer Control Center". But "SSL peer shut down incorrectly" sounds like Firewall/AV/Driver(KillerNetwork) issue.
In doubt you should try to downgrade driver. I know that *Killer Network Cards/Drivers* might be the cause because once there has been a driver version that had memory leak issue.
Old 06.08.2018, 18:21
Storm

How do you "downgrade" a driver, please?
Old 06.08.2018, 19:01
JD Manager

Install previous version of the driver? In case you still find exe/zip/package for it?
Old 06.08.2018, 20:08
Storm

Regretfully, it was automatically downloaded and installed by Dell's SupportAssist application. I checked all associated folders for both the Killer app and SupportAssist but there is no sign of previous versions. I also checked Dell's support site and the only available drivers are the latest.

I have a Dell tech assisting me with SupportAssist issues tomorrow so I will take up this matter with him. Thanks for your feedback, Jiaz.
Old 07.08.2018, 10:32
JD Manager

Does this only happen at night or always?
Does it happen for all downloads/hosts or only specific ones?
Can you try a VPN and see if it helps? Maybe it's an issue between your ISP and the host in case it is specific to some hosts.

I doubt that Dell Support will be able to help you but good luck
Old 07.08.2018, 11:13
Storm

I only download at night because my ISP offers unlimited bandwidth between the hours of 11pm to 7am.
It happens for all downloads but seems to have improved over the last 2 days.
Which VPN would you recommend?
Old 07.08.2018, 12:17
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I can't recommend any vpn. But maybe you could do some test downloads during day just to check if the same issues are happening.
Define *improved*
Old 07.08.2018, 13:18
Storm

I can't run any tests during the day until after 20th August as my bandwidth has expired.
When I say improved, I noted that all my downloads completed during the nights of Friday and Saturday and each was at least 15 Gb. I didn't download anything on Sunday and yesterday I only downloaded 456 Mb so of course it completed.

It may be that the problem has been resolved.

FYI, during my session with Dell this morning, they reset Killer Control Center to factory settings and asked me to report on download performance tomorrow.
Old 07.08.2018, 13:31
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. So the recent downloads all have worked fine?
Maybe the issue was just temporarily.
Old 08.08.2018, 09:34
Storm

Although Killer Control Center has begun to annoy me again with its incessant requests that I set internet speed limits, I have to say that download speeds have returned to normal since the Dell tech reset the application to factory settings.

In short, it seems to have been caused by the Killer app and is now resolved.

Thanks once again for all your input Jiaz.
Old 08.08.2018, 11:13
JD Manager

Nothing to thank me for, I just *though out loud*
Old 09.08.2018, 10:35
Storm

Well it appears it is not solved after all. Even with Killer Control Center reset to factory settings, last night I managed to download only 4Gb before my machine was set to shut down at 05:00. That means the total downloaded was about 4Gb in 6 hours with a 30 Mb/s connection.

Jiaz, you don't have to help if you don't wish to but just in case you are prepared to look at last night's logs, here they are:
Spoiler:
09.08.18 09.24.01 <--> 08.08.18 20.54.24 jdlog://0658164433151/

By the way, in case you are wondering about the "SSL peer shut down incorrectly" error, I believe that will be because I use an external program to shut down the PC at a certain hour. I could leave it running permanently but when there is only 13 Gb to download, I consider it to be a waste of electricity. Under normal conditions, my PC will download 13 Gb in about 2 to 3 hours.
Old 09.08.2018, 11:57
JD Manager

I see strange errors in your log. Did you copy an older/existing installation? Extraction doesn't work in this installation as the library is missing. You should fix the installation by doing the following steps.
Close JDownloader and delete Core.jar file and the folders update and tmp
and start JDownloader again
Path is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0
Old 09.08.2018, 12:02
JD Manager

I can only see network errors fro nice guyute.com but those links also fail for me.

You can setup to shutdown JDownloader once the downloads have finished, just so you know
the 4GB file took nearly 4 hours to download. So either the connection speed is *bad* at night or the server was overloaded
Old 09.08.2018, 12:40
Storm

I have made no changes to the original installation with the exception of inserting my Premium accounts. As I say, JD has always performed well for me and this issue is very recent, as well as sporadic.

I have some incomplete downloads at the moment. Would it be best to wait until they have finished before deleting the files you spoke of, or will my current downloads not be affected?

I don't know what that nice guyute.com link is, however I did attempt to download a file that has been deleted so maybe it came from that?

Yes, I am aware that I can set up JD to shut down once downloads are finished but I need to shut down the entire computer, and if the downloads are completed there should be no harm done if the PC shuts down without closing JD manually.

Last edited by 7leagueboot; 09.08.2018 at 12:42.
Old 09.08.2018, 13:02
JD Manager

Your lists/settings/accounts won't be affected by those steps. JDownloader only fixes/completes its installation
Old 09.08.2018, 13:03
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7leagueboot View Post
Yes, I am aware that I can set up JD to shut down once downloads are finished but I need to shut down the entire computer, and if the downloads are completed there should be no harm done if the PC shuts down without closing JD manually.
JDownloader can shutdown the complete computer and the shutdown extension of course will finish all write activity/downloads before
Old 09.08.2018, 13:03
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7leagueboot View Post
I don't know what that nice guyute.com link is, however I did attempt to download a file that has been deleted so maybe it came from that?
Forum replaces *bad word* with *guy*
Old 09.08.2018, 20:41
Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
JDownloader can shutdown the complete computer and the shutdown extension of course will finish all write activity/downloads before
I always thought that option was only for JD. I now note it means the entire PC so I'm going to try it tonight.

I deleted all the files you asked me to and then downloaded the latest updates so we will see how it performs overnight. I will do my best to get back to you tomorrow morning. It may be tricky though because I'm going on vacation at 11am and have loads of tasks to complete beforehand.