JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.01.2022, 12:41
Modem User

Default [ISP block] My Jdownloader login

My ISP had blocked the jdownloader website and all the subdomains including my.jdownoader.org. I was able to get the main website and the board access restored but some subdomains like my.jdownoader.org and ip.jdownloader.org are still blocked. Can someone please advise which subdomain should be accessible for the my jdownloader login from the downloader to be able to access it remotely. I might be able to request for the login access to be restored but want to be sure what link/subdomain I need to request for.

The website was blocked in stages and I was able to access my.jdownloader.org even when the main website jdownloader.org was already blocked. But even then I was unable to login to my jdownloader. So that is the reason for asking about the authentication server/domain.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10.01.2022, 18:28
JD Manager

@azzad: what ISP do you have? we're not aware of any ISP explicit blocking us.

Sure it's ISP and not Firewall/AV/DNS peer blocker/xy software on your computer/Company network?
What does the block look like? DNS block? connection interception?

MyJDownloader requires my.jdownloader.org (Webinterface) and api.jdownloader.org (Control&Relay Server)
Old 14.01.2022, 04:14
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@azzad: what ISP do you have? we're not aware of any ISP explicit blocking us.

Sure it's ISP and not Firewall/AV/DNS peer blocker/xy software on your computer/Company network?
What does the block look like? DNS block? connection interception?

MyJDownloader requires my.jdownloader.org (Webinterface) and api.jdownloader.org (Control&Relay Server)
It is actually country level blocking. I tried the jdownloader websites using mutiple mobile and broadband service providers and it was blocked on all of them. I used different devices for each provider so there is no doubt of device level interference. On different Windows devices, I also tried DNS flushing once the main website became accessible. On all the devices I also tried using Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS. All to no avail, only after that did I post on the board for the help.
Old 14.01.2022, 11:26
JD Manager

@azzad: Where are you from? What country? What ISP do you have?
I need those details to further check/work in this.
Old 14.01.2022, 15:04
English Supporter

If they have blocked and your tests with different dns servers, then maybe they are doing this via hard coded IP block. If that was the case flushing the dns wouldn't have made it magically work. flushing the dns cache & now working indicates it was something local (on your system changed)

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.01.2022, 22:21
Modem User

Quote:
@azzad: Where are you from? What country? What ISP do you have?
I need those details to further check/work in this.

But as of writing this all the subdomains have been unblocked and I can login to my jdownloader again.

Thank you for your swift support and for making this wonderful product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
If they have blocked and your tests with different dns servers, then maybe they are doing this via hard coded IP block. If that was the case flushing the dns wouldn't have made it magically work. flushing the dns cache & now working indicates it was something local (on your system changed)
It might just be an IP block now but until last year most of the website blocking in my country was done through DNS poisoning and changing the DNS to Google DNS unblocked the websites.

I do not believe in magic anymore :-)
I tested dns flushing once I was able to get access to the main jdownloader.org and board.jdownloader.org websites restored, to be sure that there is no issue on my end. But since my.jdownloader.org was still not working (after dns flushing) I wanted to know what specific subdomains were still being blocked in my country before requesting reinstatement.

I knew that the website was being blocked as I reached out to my ISP and they confirmed that the telecom regulator had instructed the blocking. I complained to the regulator to get the access restored. But initially they only restored board and jdownloader.org
Old 17.01.2022, 17:27
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzad View Post
Thank you for your swift support and for making this wonderful product.
Thanks for your nice feedback!

Quote:
I do not believe in magic anymore :-)
:D

Quote:
I knew that the website was being blocked as I reached out to my ISP and they confirmed that the telecom regulator had instructed the blocking. I complained to the regulator to get the access restored. But initially they only restored board and jdownloader.org
This is the first time I heard that an ISP blocked us.
So do you think they maybe did this by mistake?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 19.01.2022, 01:45
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Thanks for your nice feedback!

:D

This is the first time I heard that an ISP blocked us.
So do you think they maybe did this by mistake?

-psp-
I can't say that for sure. utorrent.com is blocked as well. My country is not that strict on anti-piracy laws but they have started blocking websites that are 18+ in nature. It might just be a mistaken attempt at stopping piracy but multiple torrent websites are completely open to access and torrent downloading is functional as well.

When jdownloader.org was blocked, the main website, board and the my.jdownloader.org website were all blocked. I actually waited for 1 month before I complained to my ISP. My ISP directed me to the Telecom regulator. I complained to the regulator 3 times before they opened the main website and the boards and 1 more time to unblock the subdomains as well. On the first complaint, the telecom regulator actually denied that they were even blocking the website. But the message on accessing jdownloader.org was the same that appears on any website blocked by the regulator.

From my part, I can just share the info I have because I am not that technically knowledgeable nor do I have any information shared by the telecom regulator.