JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.03.2011, 21:04
aairon

Question help reconnect Netgear WNR2000v2 DD-WRT v24 svc pk 2

Hello I searched the forum here, both manually, and using the search function, and I couldn't find an answer to my question.
My set up is, Cable Modem, Motorola SB6120 docsys 3, Router is NetGear WNR2000 v2 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 firmware.
IP is COX downloads at 38 Mb/s down 7 Mb/s up.
The only way I seem to be able to get my IP address to change is to open the router web page to the clone mac tab, then at the same time, open the Modem to the configuration screen, where I can click the reset Modem button. At that point I change the MAC by one hex digit in the router screen, and click reset Modem in the modem screen and quickly click the Apply button on the router screen to change the MAC while the Modem is resetting, the router beats the modem reset so when the modem comes back up it sees a different MAC from the router and apparently COX server issues a new IP address. So my question is ..... can anybody see any hope in me trying to make a script for Jdownloader[I am old and have very limited understanding of the script] or does anybody have any other recommendations to make this more streamlined?

Any help, clues, hints, comments will be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your time.;)

Last edited by aairon; 22.03.2011 at 21:15.
Old 23.03.2011, 12:15
remi

Cool

You're sure simple modem disconnect/reset/restart doesn't give you another IP address?

Did you already try modem reconnect?
Old 23.03.2011, 19:12
aairon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
You're sure simple modem disconnect/reset/restart doesn't give you another IP address?

Did you already try modem reconnect?
I am sure I have tried many times, I read somewhere about "sticky" dynamic IP addresses and wonder if this may be the issue. I will try again, following the instructions for modem reconnect exactly. I hope it really will work.
OK I never tried to reconnect that way just manually through the Modem web page.
So I have a question about the batch.

rasdial "CONECTIONNAME" /disconnect
ping www.google.de -n 8
rasdial "CONECTIONNAME" USERNAME PASSWORD

Is "rasdial" correct? and is "CONECTIONNAME" supposed to be the IP of the Modem?

Last edited by aairon; 24.03.2011 at 17:29.
Old 23.03.2011, 19:46
aairon

OK this is what I have tried so far. Manual Modem reset/disconnect of modem keeps IP address.
Batch file to reconnect Modem keeps IP address.

So far the only way I seem to be able to change my IP is to change the router MAC while the Modem is resetting. To me it seems that the Internet Provider 'COX' keeps a record of all MAC's and reissues the same IP if it finds a matching MAC.
I will try to do some research to see if I can confirm this, I suspect this is information that the provider does not give freely.

Any more suggestions, even unlikely ones are welcome.

EDIT: I just tested again and I confirmed that if I bring up both web pages Router and the Modem, I can change the mac address in the router click reset Button on the Modem then click apply button on the router changing the MAC while the Modem is resetting in ten seconds. Then My IP is changed it only takes about twenty seconds total, but would be so nice If I could figure out how to do it automatically, I'm sure many people in California and elsewhere, who have COX as a provider, would love it. Thank you for your help remi

Last edited by aairon; 23.03.2011 at 20:10.
Old 24.03.2011, 07:44
Baby Loader

I have Comcast in the Midwest and I've only done it a few times myself. But so long ago that I forgot the technique.
But I subscribed since I'm also interested, so hopefully someone will eventually chime in with a nice workaround for you.

On a side note, I have a Linksys WRT54g and am also using the DD-WRT firmware and really like it.
Old 24.03.2011, 17:31
aairon

Sad to say but when I was younger I probably could figure out some script but too many years of working in the Marine electronics business in the tropics I think fried my little brain.x)
Oh If you could try it the way I do, I would be interested in knowing if that technique works for you.
I just get the modem and router web screens up at the same time, change the router MAC by one digit in the MAC clone screen, but don't click apply yet then in the Modem screen I click "reset Modem", while the Modem is resetting, I quickly click the apply button in the router, DD-WRT MAC clone screen. when the Modem is done resetting (10 seconds) I can then go to Google and type "my ip" and I see that it's changed. I wonder if this works for you?

I did some more research and have confirmed that COX Cable uses the MAC to issue IP addresses. The only reliable way to get a new IP address is to change the MAC while the Modem is Offline.
So I guess the Key question is "is it possible to write a script to do this?"

Last edited by aairon; 24.03.2011 at 17:54.
Old 25.03.2011, 12:17
remi

Maybe you can try a script generator like AutoIt.
Old 25.03.2011, 19:05
aairon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Maybe you can try a script generator like AutoIt.
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I just downloaded it and will get started. If I find a somewhat elegant solution I will follow up and post it here and also in the scripts section. Thanks again for the thread of hope.:thumbup:
Old 25.03.2011, 20:11
aairon

OK I have Autoit and am looking at it, it seems that it's made to create an .exe from the compiled script. Can I use the Jdownloader "external" function to run this .exe compiled script?
Old 26.03.2011, 12:19
remi

If the executable works outside jD, then it should also work when you refer to it in the Command field in the External method tab.
Old 26.03.2011, 20:44
aairon

Thanks Remi I assumed that was the case but feel better now that you confirmed it. I know I can come up with an automated method now, It's just a matter of figuring out the details. Since this seems to be a very common issue with state side ISP's (MAC tied to IP address) When I do find a solution no matter how crude I will post it in the proper place in the forums, It's likely then that others will be able to clean it up and improve it.
Thanks again for your help.;)