JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 27.08.2018, 02:55
Pent

Exclamation JDoawnloader and Archive.org - Showing Offline, but...

Hello,

I am having an issue with trying to download files from Archive.org, but it isn't caused from not having my Archive.org account setup within Jdownloader.

I have a archive.org webpage that gives me multiple clickable links. Each link is to a specific file and if I manually click the link the file will start to download in my browser, but if I paste the link into Jdownloader it tells me that the file is not online even though I just clicked the link manually and downloaded the file fine.

I have even did the process in reverse and I tested to see if Jdownloader would tell me a different file was not online, and after pasting the file link into Jdownloader... the program told me the file wasn't online so I clicked the file within my browser and it started downloading just fine.

I won't post the archive.org site or link here, but if a mod wants me to message them the site address I will do that so they can try it out.

I am not sure if I am just missing an option in jdownloader, or if it is something else?

Thanks for the help.
Old 27.08.2018, 13:20
JD Manager

Please send example links to support@jdownloader.org
Old 27.08.2018, 13:22
JD Manager

You've got to copy the URL from browser url, NOT the direct download url which is very likely be bound to session. JDownloader plugin supports the details/downloads url format
Old 27.08.2018, 14:27
Pent

I sent an example link to the email address you provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You've got to copy the URL from browser url, NOT the direct download url which is very likely be bound to session. JDownloader plugin supports the details/downloads url format
If that is the case with the link I sent... is there any easy way to convert that link to a browser URL?

Thanks.
Old 27.08.2018, 14:38
JD Manager

I've answered via mail. You're trying to add the direct link which doesn't work. You've got to add the main link, see answer