JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.06.2018, 12:26
glly

Default JDownloader suddenly spiking CPU usage

Hi there,

I've been using JDownloader for weeks with no problem, I would routinely have it downloading 20 links at a time in the background (with 100s more in the queue) while playing video, browsing, and decrypting all without issues regarding system performance.

Yesterday out of nowhere, the program is spiking my CPU usage to 100, making it impossible to do any other activity on the system when using JDownloader.

I experimented by the way by starting and stopping all other programs and have determined it's JDownloader by process of elimination. Having the program running with all download links disabled does not spike the system, but starting to download triggers the problem.

No sure what info you might need, but I'm running Windows 7 Professional and I have 32 links in LinkGrabber and 34 packages with 387 links in downloads. I tried by the way to set the program to only download four links at a time and still encountered the problem.

I will note that yesterday I did download two Windows updates and it did seem like the problem started after that. Not sure if there's a connection.

Thanks!!
Old 15.06.2018, 18:49
JD Manager

Check about dialog of JDownloader and check the memory info. What are the 3 shown numbers? In case the 2nd is near/same as 3rd one, then JDownloader/Java runs out of memory and spends nearly all cpu/time for memory management = resulting in high cpu/slow-unresponsive gui.
What links are you downloading? Does this also happen when you download with 1 concurrent download?